Author Topic: Egregor- Open Invitation to a Magickal Collaboration  (Read 111 times)

King Mob

Egregor- Open Invitation to a Magickal Collaboration
« on: November 15, 2017, 02:21:21 pm »
We've had recent discussions on egregors and while each member as a definition, I am using the one I am familiar with. A collective thoughtform.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egregore

It's sort of like a group servitor although as it has a greater amount of energy put into it, it is more powerful and can resemble a God-form.

I personally feel the most successful examples of Egregores are from the DKMU's mythology. They esentially built their own mythology using chaos magick techniques.

I'd like to extend an open invitation to everyone involved with the O:.S:. forum to create an egregore. I think there are multiple benefits to this. 1.) To study the metaphysics involved in Egregores and therefore potentially Godforms 2.) To create an egregor unique to the current of the O:.S:. that will help members who choose to work with it and 3.) to charge the O:.S:. current as I believe every successful magickal order or group as it's own current.

What I love about the O:.S:. is that there is no uniform belief and every member is free to develop their own definition of the LHP and their own beliefs around it. So I also would like to encourage members of the forum to devise their own Magickal Collaborations and expiriments to add to a potential O:.S:. current in their own unique way.

This topic will do fine for planning although I suggest the more sensitive information such as initial charging be handled ina group PM as this is a public forum and anyone could interfere with the charging process. However, I feel everything that isn't sensitive should be posted here publicly to keep everyone updated with the progress. I look forward to working with anyone interested!

The first step is to come up with the intention of the egregor. I personaly feel like some kind mentor-esque Egregor would be quite useful. Something that can suggest and uncover information relative to one's path, whatever it may be. If it's a general all purpose mentor, it could also have the purpose of encouraging practice when one becomes too lazy. However, I am open to everyone's suggestion for what they think would be the best intention for an Egregor. Any thoughts or suggestions?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:04:34 pm by pi_ramesses »
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Onyx

Re: Egregor- Open Invitation to a Magickal Collaboration
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 11:38:55 pm »
I spent some time overnight on a possibly related idea, which was to define nine "demons" and make esoteric names and symbols for each. An Egregor with nine facets? Each sub-thoughtform would represent a particular aspect of the Prince of Darkness. The main symbol could be a clever combination of the nine.

Could put the symbols on cards, roll a 9-sided die, etc for a little "random magic". Or apprehend the Egregor as a single entity also. I'm in, let's discuss the details of this "all-purpose mentor".
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:43:02 pm by Onyx »

King Mob

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 12:25:06 am »
I just want to say that I really love your idea. It captures a lot of things I've been fascinated with.

Random magick stuff could also be effective divination methods. I'm exhausted so I'll have to reply tomorrow and I would like to sleep on your ideas as well.

That 9 aspects is a really creative idea so I'm really excited to see where this leads.
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Setamorphosis

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 01:09:10 am »
I'm up for it.

@Onyx , I really love your idea. 9 demons thing - aspects of the Prince of Darkness. Yeah, i'd like to do what you said.

When I have the time, I'll contribute something.
"Darkness is just light turned inside out."
  --Beelzebub

King Mob

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 09:52:11 pm »
So let's see an all-purpose mentor.

Useful things: Acquire information(lets not specifiy this to just books, information in general) to move you forward, motivate to stay firm in practice so you dont go backwards, remind to not take self seriously so you can stay open for growth to move forward, clean up crew(I'm thinking if an expirimental ritual goes TOO wrong he can clean up your mess in an emergency of course he wont do it for something you can get yourself out of) to prevent stagnation during or after a harsh failure. Does anyone else have any tasks that would be good to have?

How would you like to define the 9 heads? Various personalites or various tasks or both?

Setamontet

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 09:20:19 am »
I spent some time overnight on a possibly related idea, which was to define nine "demons" and make esoteric names and symbols for each. An Egregor with nine facets? Each sub-thoughtform would represent a particular aspect of the Prince of Darkness. The main symbol could be a clever combination of the nine.

Could put the symbols on cards, roll a 9-sided die, etc for a little "random magic". Or apprehend the Egregor as a single entity also. I'm in, let's discuss the details of this "all-purpose mentor".

The Nine Daimonic Elements of Archonis or the Nine Headed Hydra

Just a preliminary idea for an egregor;

First Element: Khepera = Winged Scarab, the Self-Created One.

Second Element: Ma'at = Truth of Being, Balance and Justice.

Third Element: Anubis = The Black Jackal, Guardian of the undefiled knowledge.

Fourth Element: Nyarlathotep = Messenger of the gods and beholder/keeper of the Shining Trapezohedron, or philosopher's stone, Infernal Graal.

Fifth Element: Shub-Niggurath = Black Ram of the Sun and Deathless One, Father and Master of the World of Horrors.

Sixth Element: Leviathan = Eternal Serpent of the Abyss, Infinite Darkness within and without, Living Principle of Immortal Being.

Seventh Element: Set-Hen = First Principle of Isolate Intelligence throughout this Universe, the Great Separator and Initiator, the Catalyst of Infinite Will.

Eighth Element: Sekhmet = Lioness headed goddess, She who re-shapes in accordance with all her secrets.  Destroyer by fire and Lady of the Waters of Life.

Ninth Element: Nepthys = Creator of Time; past, present, and through which memory of the future may possibly exist.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 09:43:20 am by Setamontet »

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set