Author Topic: Wish List  (Read 414 times)

Xepera maSet

Wish List
« on: November 15, 2017, 06:34:26 am »
This is a wish-list for what forum members may want both from the forums and the O.S. in general. Sections in the forum, specific topics in the newsletter, additions to the library, design recommendations, literally anything you can think of to import of forum and Order. We want everyone to know how much we appreciate and are pleased by your participation and enjoyment of the forum!
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"Do we believe in Satan? The only thing that really matters is that he believes in us."
- A Nameless Ghoul

pi_rameses

Re: Wish List
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 05:58:49 am »
Silly idea but I'll start a thread on it under here: http://orderoftheserpent.org/forum/index.php?topic=475.0
An index of abbreviations that we throw in posts, assuming everyone knows what it means. Not to be confused with more common abbreviations. Rather those that are unique to LHP and our forums. It's all in good humor so it's not to be taken too seriously as marital law. Anyone may still do as they will. Some examples:

HGA - holy guardian angel
GBM - greater black magic
X&R - Xeper and Remanifest
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 07:42:25 am by pi_ramesses »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

pi_rameses

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 01:35:22 pm »
I would like to propose another book for the list of books in the library: A Sourcebook in Indian Philosophy by Radhakrishnan and Moore. It has been a book that I've owned twice over and each time, I ended up giving it to someone else as they found it resourceful for themselves. I'll have to get it for a third time.

It was the first book whence I familiarized myself with the six orthodox schools of thought in Hinduism (Nyaya-Vaisesika and Vedanta included) and the heterodox thoughts like Buddhism and Jainism. I don't have a PDF but here are some links that relate to the work:

Radhakrishnan Bio
https://www.iep.utm.edu/radhakri/#SH5a

Indian Philosophy Vol. 1
https://archive.org/details/IndianPhilosophyVol.1
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:44:14 pm by pi_rameses »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Deidre

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 05:58:22 pm »
I’d like to request a notification feature to let us know when someone replies to a post/thread or offers a “like.” That way I know who to reply to without appearing like I’m ignoring them lol :D

It gets hard to keep track of where you posted last. TIA OS Staff!
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

Xepera maSet

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 06:21:53 pm »
I would love that too haha.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"Do we believe in Satan? The only thing that really matters is that he believes in us."
- A Nameless Ghoul

Onyx

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 10:33:34 am »
I apologize for the lack of alerts (and my lack of keeping up with stuff, been very busy).

You can have email notifications sent by clicking "notify" on each board (and child boards), settings for that are in the "Notifications" section of your profile.

As much as I like the dark aesthetic, this thing kinda needs a rehaul. Many people use mobile devices etc. After work I'll post more about how we might improve things, running late..

Onyx

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 10:56:50 am »
I found a couple of mods that should provide better alerts for posts/likes etc. I'll do this when I have some extra money. The other issue is the theme, I own a much better one, but don't like the aesthetic. You can see a forum based on these things here:

https://www.smfpacks.com/forum/

I would prefer that but it's almost impossible to modify it to a dark theme (i've tried). I'll ask the programmer about what's involved there though, maybe there is an easier way.

Kapalika

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 11:14:07 am »
It might be worth considering jumping from Simple Machines to some another forum software if it means we can customize it easier more with better options and get the features we need/want, in regards to above. I know PHPbb is really good for mobile devices and always has a ton of plugins. I don't know out of the box if it supports all our needs though. I've not really run the software side of a forum before so I got no idea how much trouble it might be to migrate the database and if likes/pms/ect would be lost or whatever.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Trika via Vāmācāra

"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." -- Swami Lakshmanjoo

Deidre

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 02:05:54 am »
I apologize for the lack of alerts (and my lack of keeping up with stuff, been very busy).

You can have email notifications sent by clicking "notify" on each board (and child boards), settings for that are in the "Notifications" section of your profile.

As much as I like the dark aesthetic, this thing kinda needs a rehaul. Many people use mobile devices etc. After work I'll post more about how we might improve things, running late..
I love the dark ''skin'' of this site.
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

Olive

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 04:14:55 am »
I like the look of the place too, no doubt!

I have one major request for the site and one minor.

#1 - Could we please add a spoiler function like most other forums have? There have been times when I have wanted to quote excerpts in posts but didn't want to stretch them out. Especially with big opening posts that need to hold a lot of information, being able to spoiler off certain sections makes everything much more readable and approachable. That way other users won't have to scroll through walls of text to try and pick out what they have time to read, or to spend extra time scrolling to the replies.

#2 (minor, unnecessary) - I think the look of the "Post Reply" screen would feel significantly better if the entry textbox was about 50% longer on the screen. It is fine on mobile but on PC it feels like I am looking through a little slat in the door towards the huge page of text I'm writing. I can't usually see more than about 1.2 paragraphs at a time. This isn't a resolution issue - that doesn't change enough to make meaningfully more text visible.

Onyx

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 10:24:53 am »
You can enlarge the post reply box with the little handle in the corner, but I'll make it taller, that's easy to fix.

I found a couple of spoiler mods but they are older and I'll have to test them. Changing forum software could result in some losses, like attachments, how videos are embedded, etc.

Reading threads doesn't look bad on my phone (I guess Chrome enlarges the text in the posts), but the index page is really hard to read/navigate. Since I have a lot of time/money invested in this already, I think I'll just keep working on this theme since people seem to like the aesthetic, and try to find the right balance for desktop/mobile users.