Author Topic: Spells vs Practical/Secular Advice  (Read 238 times)

Deidre

Spells vs Practical/Secular Advice
« on: June 26, 2018, 02:29:34 am »
Had an interesting experience on a Wicca site, earlier tonight. I recently joined a site to merely learn more about Wicca. I find it very enriching, and really mysterious. Different than I had imagined. I love the positivity of it all and the spells or rituals are very intriguing. I asked a question and it was suggested for me to perhaps ''not use a spell,'' but to find a secular way to handle my dilemma. It has to do with my work situation, and while the spell worked that I performed two weeks ago (I think), it worked mainly because my intention was positive. But, last week, my boss started being rude to one of my coworkers, and was also semi-rude to me, today. So, the advice was to make my work place more positive...but, the thing is, I've done this. All of my coworkers have done this, I feel like I have nothing left to give, and honestly, I'm tired of giving so much energy to compensate for his negative energy. :/

I just thought it was odd to have a site devoted to spells/magick, suggest a practical approach.

I prayed tonight, and did an incantation, for protection and to bring about positivity (didn't use any ingredients or items). I was told also that a spell might not work if it is against the person's will. If my boss was capable of change, he'd change by now, so I thought that was also confusing. Why would I turn to a spell or ritual if my boss would realize on his own to change his ways?

Not sure of my question here lol but, just wondering if anyone here has had this happened?

"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

pi_rameses

Re: Spells vs Practical/Secular Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 02:04:47 pm »
It's not unusual for the Wicca site to recommend something practical first. Normal people think that when things go south for practitioners in their spells that it is because the person ventured out and worked with forces beyond their control. While that could be, it is more likely that the person in question has been abusing their magical prowess and just zapping circumstances at every opportunity.

For that reason, it is prudent to do rituals when your ethics allows for you to do so. You wouldn't be thinking about this if a practical approach had worked for you. I call this being parsimonious with your resources. This is also the same reason that it wouldn't be a good idea to undertake a Grand Initiation (there's no going back after it) without having done something simpler and seen some success. Or even having qualified, doing two Grand Initiations back to back. There's nothing Grand about that. It is reserved for critical moments determined to be life changing for the subject. Otherwise, it minimizes the importance of it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 02:07:20 pm by pi_rameses »
Master Willem was right. Evolution without courage will be the ruin of our race.
-Lawrence

Sulla

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 07:57:59 pm »
This seems like an issue that is weighing heavily on you. Isn't that always the most appropriate time to perform magick? Especially since you have already tried various mundane ways of improving the situation.
Are you feeling reluctant using spells in this situation? If so, why? Is it because because you don't want want to infringe upon his free will? You've already done some magickal work and had some results from it. Maybe you just need to do a more powerful working.

Deidre

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 12:51:12 am »
It's not unusual for the Wicca site to recommend something practical first. Normal people think that when things go south for practitioners in their spells that it is because the person ventured out and worked with forces beyond their control. While that could be, it is more likely that the person in question has been abusing their magical prowess and just zapping circumstances at every opportunity.

For that reason, it is prudent to do rituals when your ethics allows for you to do so. You wouldn't be thinking about this if a practical approach had worked for you. I call this being parsimonious with your resources. This is also the same reason that it wouldn't be a good idea to undertake a Grand Initiation (there's no going back after it) without having done something simpler and seen some success. Or even having qualified, doing two Grand Initiations back to back. There's nothing Grand about that. It is reserved for critical moments determined to be life changing for the subject. Otherwise, it minimizes the importance of it.
I couldn't agree more, and I really appreciate this. I feel like I'm prudent in thinking through...do I want to try another spell, or should I use a different measure? What I'm learning with spells, is that much of it is about intentions. And I think my intentions have been in the right place with all of this. :)

Deidre

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 12:55:45 am »
This seems like an issue that is weighing heavily on you. Isn't that always the most appropriate time to perform magick? Especially since you have already tried various mundane ways of improving the situation.
Are you feeling reluctant using spells in this situation? If so, why? Is it because because you don't want want to infringe upon his free will? You've already done some magickal work and had some results from it. Maybe you just need to do a more powerful working.
Well, I'm happy to report, that today...my boss was much better. I mean, I should allow for human error lol A bad day here and there. No one is perfect, but his behavior over the past few years has been atrocious and bullying. I haven't used another spell since that one from a few weeks ago, but I have been using incantations. If I'm honest, I'm lazy when it comes to purchasing all the ingredients that I may need for a future spell. Like for more elaborate workings, I need different colored candles, herbs, etc...which is fine, but I just need to find the time to buy them. Probably this upcoming weekend. I could always use the same simple spell again, I really liked it, and when it comes down to it, it's all about channeling our energy with a desired outcome. This is why incantations are pretty powerful to me, as well. I light a white candle, breathe in and become centered, and then recite an already pre-written incantation, or come up with one of my own. Thank you for your thoughts to this.

pi_rameses

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 01:38:46 am »

I couldn't agree more, and I really appreciate this. I feel like I'm prudent in thinking through...do I want to try another spell, or should I use a different measure? What I'm learning with spells, is that much of it is about intentions. And I think my intentions have been in the right place with all of this. :)

It's your call. I don't really see a wrong answer here. I'd continue to monitor him if it's still unclear what you should do. It's possible that you are still evaluating what to do next. As your eyes are there, I think that you are justified and I would support whichever action you choose. You're doing well. Beware of crossing that abusive spellcaster line as time progresses.

P.S.

Forgot to mention this:
One of the practical routes that I take to understand the target better is pretty much like a Trojan horse. I might bring in something nice for the person (baked goods, etc) and I'll hand deliver it to their office and use it as a context to ask the person if everything is ok as I've been noticing some differences in them. Whether they accept or reject the gift matters not to me. Rather, I'm keen to note how the person reacts or better what they say (if they are frank, there's my answer but reverse if they come across as compulsive liars often). Nearly all of my bosses have been female so this was flattering for them. One outlier might have been the bisexual one but she was a lightweight and so I would use company outings at pubs or events to scheme on her instead.

But I think you're past that point. Usually after an operation, I'm more confident and would probably walk in without the props. In some cases, this route is the tougher road to take especially if you don't particularly care for the person.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 01:46:58 am by pi_rameses »
Master Willem was right. Evolution without courage will be the ruin of our race.
-Lawrence

Deidre

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 01:47:59 am »

It's your call. I don't really see a wrong answer here. I'd continue to monitor him if it's still unclear what you should do. It's possible that you are still evaluating what to do next. As your eyes are there, I think that you are justified and I would support whichever action you choose. You're doing well. Beware of crossing that abusive spellcaster line as time progresses.

P.S.

Forgot to mention this:
One of the practical routes that I take to understand the target better is pretty much like a Trojan horse. I might bring in something nice for the person (baked goods, etc) and I'll hand deliver it to their office and use it as a context to ask the person if everything is ok as I've been noticing some differences in them. Whether they accept or reject the gift matters not to me. Rather, I'm keen to note how the person reacts or better what they say (if they are frank, there's my answer but reverse if they come across as compulsive liars often).

But I think you're past that point. Usually after an operation, I'm more confident and would probably walk in without the props. In some cases, this route is the tougher road to take especially if you don't particularly care for the person.

Yea, I have brought in lunch items and shared them with him, thinking at times that he might like something I’ve made at home. And I did it out of genuine kindness, not to cause a change in him. Other coworkers have tried that too and I realize he is fragile perhaps like we all are. That maybe I need to not let this guy overwhelm my thinking. That is on me, and not him. I think the spell helped me too in that I moved the negative energy that I was holding onto, away from me. It started out about him but I had some growing to do, too.

I like how you say “target.” Hopefully, after HR has dealt with him now he will start being kinder and more respectful. I can’t help but think...that spell really moved it along. =)

Perhaps my newfound path here can allow for me to use spells and also practical/secular methods.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 01:50:29 am by Deidre »

pi_rameses

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 01:51:44 am »
Sure did. You're quite the magical being.  :D
-Lawrence