Author Topic: Satanic Elemental Balancing and Cleansing rituals?  (Read 43 times)

King Mob

Satanic Elemental Balancing and Cleansing rituals?
« on: November 01, 2017, 08:19:25 pm »
First of all, someone recommended Modern Demonolatry a while back and it was very helpful, after pursuing their website, I noticed they have a book called modified. It's how to alter practice for people suffering various conditions: blindness, deafness, wheelchair, etc. which I thought was nice to see. Only field I've seen that in honestly.

However, they have a small section including depression and it recommended elemental balancing rituals(which definitely seems like a good idea) as well as some cleansing ones occasionally. I do have some problems with depression but I honestly only know the Golden Dawn/Thelemic rituals when it comes to cleaning and elemental balancing. Would love something more in terms with a Satanic bent.
"A wolf  is  a  shadow  and  should  never  be  chained.  To  me,  V├ínagandr  represents the  very  essence  of  chaos.  He  is  the  antithesis  of  law  and  order.  Without  chaos in  one's  life,  you  fall  into  stagnation  with  no  room  for  growth.  That  is  what  V├ínagandr  represents."

Mindmaster

Re: Satanic Elemental Balancing and Cleansing rituals?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 10:16:44 pm »
First of all, someone recommended Modern Demonolatry a while back and it was very helpful, after pursuing their website, I noticed they have a book called modified. It's how to alter practice for people suffering various conditions: blindness, deafness, wheelchair, etc. which I thought was nice to see. Only field I've seen that in honestly.

However, they have a small section including depression and it recommended elemental balancing rituals(which definitely seems like a good idea) as well as some cleansing ones occasionally. I do have some problems with depression but I honestly only know the Golden Dawn/Thelemic rituals when it comes to cleaning and elemental balancing. Would love something more in terms with a Satanic bent.

Most of the "elemental balancing" jazz started through the hype of Franz Bardon. While his books certainly are an interesting read, I don't know that most of this is necessary in a Demonolatry setting because things aren't viewed necessarily in a classical hermetic context. Demonolaters do associate various daemonic divinities to the four quarters, but certainly the ritual structure in the book you've mentioned is simple enough. What you generally will not find in theistic rituals is a lot of rote type repetition as you would in GD/OTO material, because the focus of such rituals is not to teach a complicated set of order materials, but rather to "get something done". Typically, we will not banish anything, for example, as we generally feel no need. This makes a lot of these "balancing" concepts whether it is "polarities" or "elements" useless for us.

The Demonolatry method would be simpler - you'd petition the divinity associated to your need, do the rite, and note the results. The hub-bub of other magical systems, as you will see working one of these rites is unnecessary and that's why there isn't a Satanic/Demonolatry equivalent. You feel depressed, you'd do a rite to Verrine (divinity associate to health) or Verrier (if you were looking for an herbal treatment), but if it was because of something you didn't understand maybe your rite would be to Ronwe. :D  There is also nothing wrong with combining all three, as I have done in the past. The sigils of the demonic divine are basically the keys of the force you incorporate, thus in this context using anything else is just a useless burden. It is far simpler to work the method provided, rather than address the issue in the context of over-complicated occultniks and slower methods.

How would you know that you are elementally unbalanced anyway, for example? Presuming you were successful at manipulating such forces in the first place, you may do more damage than good. That's why I feel in some cases this method of operation is more viable, as you don't need to know what you don't know - you will be led to it by the nose. :D (trust me, it'll feel that way..)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:24:13 pm by Mindmaster »

xx
How long are your rituals usually?

Started by Kapalika on General LHP Discussion

7 Replies
Last post November 03, 2017, 03:48:39 am
by Mindmaster
xx
Halloween rituals?

Started by King Mob on General LHP Discussion

1 Replies
Last post October 31, 2017, 04:13:19 pm