Author Topic: Recommended start with demonalotry?  (Read 120 times)

King Mob

Recommended start with demonalotry?
« on: October 22, 2017, 04:06:02 pm »
What books do you guys prefer?
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Onyx

Re: Recommended start with demonalotry?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 09:47:13 pm »
It would be cool to get a list of books going here. I'm not interested in worshiping demons (or anything else for that matter), but have been thinking about compiling my own descriptive list of gods/deities/demons (some of my own design, others not) as a personal resource, and could use some inspiration to that end.

Setamorphosis

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 02:59:07 am »
S. Connolly - Modern Demonolatry

S. Connolly - Daemonolatry Goetia

Joy of Satan ebook (pdf)

Why JoS? Because they, although have a lot of misinformation, do have the right perspective when it comes to demons. They are just ancient gods who were demonized by the church at the time. So treating them as ancient gods is a far better approach than treating them as something inherently malicious.

Likewise, take everything with a pinch of salt.
"Darkness is just light turned inside out."
  --Beelzebub

King Mob

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 07:53:13 pm »
Hmmm so Demonlolatory seems esentially like worship of any other god from S Connolly's book and the theory about them just being forgotten obscure pagan Gods. I mean, I figured there was no need for goetic circles in satanic bent workings but it just seems so, informal and like any other ritual. Then again, I guess if you're invoking you don't necesarrily expect a physical appearance unlike evoking something against it's will which I would have to agree with treating something respectfully is probably the proper way.

So I have to ask, is there any advantage to choosing to work with them other than any other Pagan god?
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Mindmaster

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 01:08:01 pm »
Hmmm so Demonlolatory seems esentially like worship of any other god from S Connolly's book and the theory about them just being forgotten obscure pagan Gods. I mean, I figured there was no need for goetic circles in satanic bent workings but it just seems so, informal and like any other ritual. Then again, I guess if you're invoking you don't necesarrily expect a physical appearance unlike evoking something against it's will which I would have to agree with treating something respectfully is probably the proper way.

So I have to ask, is there any advantage to choosing to work with them other than any other Pagan god?

I try not to over-intellectualize theistic things, but ultimately the method of working is faster and simpler. :D I find ceremonial methods pompous and frustrating, especially since they do not align with my vibe. Anyway, I've worked with many of the "Demonaltry" divinities as is were and feel they were well selected as well as well disposed to a theist in training, nevermind being absolutely effective in their scopes. In any case, I'd always recommend that with whatever you work with you work according to your psycho-spiritual nature for the best possible results. The daemonic have personalities, and just like people you can waste a lot of your personal time trying to make a trying relationship work.