Author Topic: Music thread  (Read 7051 times)

Sutekh

Re: Music thread
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2017, 08:49:28 pm »
    The song itself as with many other songs later on from many other bands called out to me into the realms of Satanism.

The most influential bands that called me within Satanism and the Occult was Dimmu Borgir, they were the only Black Metal band I truly listened to at the time I was 11. During that time I started to discover the existence of Satanism and organizations such as the Church Of Satan and the Temple of Set which have both mentored and brought me to my path in which I currently lay and stand.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Sutekh

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2017, 09:23:17 pm »
Some of the songs from Dimmu Borgir is what also brought me to more or less Come into Being as a Satanist alone, this was before I stumbled upon the philosophical ideological influence and teachings of the Church of Satan.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAmMcBQavKE[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gt7YWwOmRo[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF3wagWwHjM[/youtube]
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2017, 02:36:54 am »
The keyboard intro to "Mr. Crowley" is no cliché.  I was about 13 years old when I first heard it when my brother and his friend played it full blast on my brothers stereo system.  I was blown away by it.  The song itself as with many other songs later on from many other bands called out to me into the realms of Satanism.

Fair enough and yeah, the keyboard is amazing. I just meant "cliche" in the sense that practically everyone has heard it.

Setamontet

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2017, 02:21:18 pm »
Oh yeah, Sutekh, Dimmu Borgir definitely fucking rocks!  I've been a fan ever since "Enthroned Darkness Triumphant".  8)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 01:51:47 pm by Setamontet »

"O learn the Law, my brothers of the night - the Great Law and the Lesser Law.
The Great Law brings the balance and doth persist without mercy.
The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey

Setamontet

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2017, 02:34:38 pm »
Hail, Hammerheart!  "Serpent of the Bleeding Abyss" damn cool!  You definitely captured the old school black metal sound.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 02:39:13 pm by Setamontet »

The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey

Onyx

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2017, 05:26:54 pm »

Sutekh

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2017, 05:50:06 pm »
Oh yeah, Sutekh, Dimmu Borgir definitely fucking rocks!  I've been a fan ever since "Enthroned Darkness Triumphant"  :cool:

Unfortunately I stopped listening to them for quite a while. One of my favorite songs by them was "Kings Of The Carnival Creation."

Setamontet

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 09:08:58 pm »
Dark Funeral live "Hail Murder", with ex-front man E.M. Caligula!

Valentina Lisitsa plays 3rd movement of Prokoviev's piano sonata #7 "War"  --  "Perpetuum Mobile".

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:50:47 pm by Setamontet »

Hammerheart

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2017, 09:28:50 pm »
Hail, Hammerheart!  "Serpent of the Bleeding Abyss" damn cool!  You definitely captured the old school black metal sound.

Thanks. I wish I played drums, I feel that it would solidify the recording and make it seem like less of a dilettante affair.

I'm not going to post any links for NSFW reasons, but GG Allin, a punk musician known for his sexual, transgressive, self-adulating, antisocial lyrics, sadomasochistic behavior, onstage nudity and coprophagia, as well as 52 arrests throughout his 36 year life really epitomizes one side of the Left Hand Path in a very extreme sense. (That was a long sentence...)

I'm not saying that the ideal Diabolator wastes his time self-flagellating and doing drugs, that is complete nonsense, but that creates an archetype of the extreme transgressive end of the path. One should, however, devote more focus to wisdom.   

Setamontet

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2017, 02:29:40 pm »
Hey Hammerheart, I notice you are using a Motley Crue avatar, their bass player Nikky Sixx was a member of the Temple of Set for about a year or so back in their "Too Fast For Love" and "Shout At The Devil" days.

merytseth

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2017, 07:15:25 pm »
There's good stuff in here.  holy crap, I'd forgotten about Mercyful Fate!  

My tastes lean a little more to goth rock, usually.  Here's a classic.  This whole album never gets old, for me.

Setamontet

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2017, 11:59:52 pm »
A good one by Naglfar -- "Horncrowned Majesty", turn it up!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:50:01 pm by Setamontet »

Setamontet

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2017, 07:42:59 pm »
Naglfar live:

Hammerheart

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2017, 10:53:33 pm »
Hey Hammerheart, I notice you are using a Motley Crue avatar, their bass player Nikky Sixx was a member of the Temple of Set for about a year or so back in their "Too Fast For Love" and "Shout At The Devil" days.

That's interesting. It surprises me and simultaneously doesn't surprise me. The Crüe are very underrated, awesome band IMO.

Hammerheart

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2017, 05:13:49 am »
Today, I was bored and feeling fairly energized as far as voice goes, so I decided to play around with my limited musical resources and write another song. I used a guitar, bass, a snare drum, and my phone.

My vocals and drumming aren't too good, sorry.