Author Topic: Holiday Reading  (Read 43 times)

Barnabas

Holiday Reading
« on: December 28, 2019, 03:41:00 am »
I traveled out of town to visit the in-laws this year, and on the way I read Aquino's Satanic Bible 2.0.  It felt rather naughty to be reading that while waiting in the airport surrounded by families in Christmas sweaters and santa hats.

The book was a heavier read than I was expecting.  I'm new to many of these concepts, so I had to put my thinking cap on to process Aquino's descriptions of the Objective Universe, Subjective Universe, etc.  I was pleasantly surprised.  In my experience some books in this genre tend to contain more fluff than substance, and it's rare to find an author that offers a solid intellectual challenge.  I liked that.  It kept me engaged.

For me the lightest and most entertaining part of the book was the end, when Aquino gives a brief history of LaVey and describes some of the experiences they had together.  I enjoyed reading about the tunnels under the black house in San Francisco and how LaVey scared the crap out of Aquino when they were in the inner chamber of the home.  While I was reading this section I was getting my hopes up to visit the location, as I only live a few hours away, but my hopes were extinguished when I read about the home being demolished and imploding into the manhole cover to the tunnels below.

It is a book I will certainly read again.