Author Topic: Shoutbox  (Read 89 times)

Xepera maSet

Shoutbox
« on: October 12, 2017, 03:45:33 pm »
I'd recommend starting threads for bigger discussions instead of using shoutbox. Stuff disappears and moves too quickly, and it is far more difficult to read on mobile. Plus then conversations stay fresh longer and can be bumped as well.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Xepera maSet

Re: Shoutbox
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 03:46:54 pm »
For now this is encouraged but it might be an official thing. Unless you ladies and gentlemen feel that something would be lost if longer shoutbox convos were threads instead? Let me know your thoughts.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Setamorphosis

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 10:58:07 am »
Yes, you're right. I'm just a sucker for real-time chat, so I get carried away there. Not to mention that I'm not a big fan of forum post chatting.
a.k.a. Ave Lucifugus

Sutekh

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 08:54:15 pm »
I always prefer to stick to the subject on threads then going off subject, thats just my ethical side on it.

With a chat room you're free to nonetheless go off topic, I remember RF used to have a chat room. I thought it was Fucked up when they decided to get rid of it.

I understand on the shout box thing on this forum in general by not overloading it, as I myself prefer to see previous posts of what the individual has to say.

However I must say, I really like each and every one of you people on this forum in general. All of you appear to be positive individuals than some people on RF who tend to be indifferent to one another.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:57:52 pm by Sutekh »
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

King Mob

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 10:11:10 pm »
@Sutekh

I pretty much agree with you. I like the free nature of chat but I understand wanting to archive more serious conversations as well as not overloading chat.

I have to agree with liking everyone on the forum and happy about the lack of indifference. It well, seems like an actual order/magical fraternity. Just an online one. I'm pretty happy about that and feel comfortable here. It's nice to have a place like this to discuss my magical stuffs so I don't have to have it seep into my normal life.

With the comfort, I'd be more than happy doing magical expiriment with you guys in the future.
"A wolf  is  a  shadow  and  should  never  be  chained.  To  me,  V├ínagandr  represents the  very  essence  of  chaos.  He  is  the  antithesis  of  law  and  order.  Without  chaos in  one's  life,  you  fall  into  stagnation  with  no  room  for  growth.  That  is  what  V├ínagandr  represents."

Sutekh

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 07:42:41 pm »
I think it would be good if the Order created a Chat room.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

pi_ramesses

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 08:35:09 pm »
I think it would be good if the Order created a Chat room.

I remember you and @Kapalika talking about a chatroom and disquss. Good idea actually.
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic atur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Sutekh

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 09:00:39 pm »
@pi_ramesses  Well I mean I understand that we have a lounge for off topic discussions, but it's not the same as a chat room since different threads come and go.

I mean a chat room can change depending on the amount of talks given in posts, but at the same time you have active users responding to each other 24/7 depending if they themselves are in the mood of the subject given.