Author Topic: Setian Esotericism  (Read 519 times)

Setamontet

Setian Esotericism
« on: March 23, 2017, 10:43:13 am »
Setian Esotericism – Q & A by Setamontet

What is a Setian?

The Setian is a Black Magician who strives and works towards becoming attuned to his/her own Higher Self, who strives and works to become his/her complete and absolute manifestation in the Universe.  The Setian is a spiritual Alchemist who through the Black Work, the process of Self-directed Self-evolution, is transformed from mortal into the essence of divinity.  The primordial source for this refined consciousness is that which is known as the Prince of Darkness whom we Setians identify as the ancient Egyptian god Set.

Why Set?

Set was the ancient Egyptian Neter or god of winds, storms, chaos, war, disruption of the cosmic stasis, and the god of Darkness and of the Sky by Night.  Set was originally honored and worshipped as a powerful Neter whose kingdom was the majesty of the night sky, which he ruled from his Seat behind the Constellation of the Seven Stars or Ursa Major.  Set is one of the most ancient and noble semblances of That which is also called Satan or the Devil, Prometheus, Beelzebub, Mephistopheles, etc.  Its names and faces are many.

Set’s Name ultimately means the Isolator or Separator, to Set Apart, which also makes him a perfect Lord of the Left-Hand Path.  As Set separated him Self from the laws of the Order of the Cosmos, so too have we who walk this path consciously rejected and have separated and liberated ourselves from socially established norms, the conventional, the traditional ebb and flow of society, popular culture and conventional religion and morality.

What is Xeper?

Xeper is an ancient Egyptian verb/noun (pronounced Khefr) written as a stylized scarab beetle, which in English roughly translates as “To Become” or “ To Evolve” or, “I Have Come Into Being”.  We all have within ourselves our own individual hidden truths of higher being.  The path and quest of Xeper is to uncover and to ultimately become the very embodiment and most complete and supreme manifestation of these truths.

“Xeper is the experience of an individual psyche becoming aware of its own existence and deciding to expand and evolve that existence through its own actions.”  It is a dynamic spiritual transformation in one’s life in which the horizons of the potentiality of one’s own being expands.  It is the establishment of a new higher mode or state of existence.  Xeper, like in Alchemy, is the transformation of the soul or psyche from a lower state or base element into that of a higher state or divine element. 

Xeper happens.  For instance, Xeper happened to me on that day when I first truly heard that piece of music which would inspire me to devote the next eight + years of my life learning music theory and piano technique.  Xeper happened to me on that night when I first invoked the Name of Set in a Working of Greater Black Magic and Came Into Being as a Setian.  In those moments of dynamic spiritual transformation, major paradigms in my life were shifted and I was changed forever.  Xeper is that which transformed humans from what we were millions of years ago to that which we are today, and which will continue to transform us into other forms.  Hence, it occurs on both a macrocosmic (racial) and a microcosmic (individual) level.  Xeper continues to occur through the Remanifestation of these transformations of being.

What is Remanifestation?

Remanifestation is another essential aspect of Setian philosophy and the path of Xeper.  It is what we do after Xeper happens, after a higher state of existence has become established.  It is through the continual exercise and application of the knowledge, powers, and abilities which we have attained thus far, to our continuing work, which enables us to uncover even deeper mysteries, develop stronger more refined abilities, and to establish new higher states of existence.  Without Remanifestation, Xeper would only be a single event happening.  Xeper and Remanifestation, in essence, is the food for the soul; we Come Into Being and continually feed and nurture that Being through the exercise of the re-energized Black Flame.  This is the process of self-directed self-evolution.

What is the significance of Darkness?

Darkness is more than just the absence of light, it observably envelopes the entire Universe.  It symbolizes the Mysteries, the unknown, the secret knowledge, that which is hidden, also the infinite potential of the self-aware Being, and that which is not-yet-manifest or Is-to-Be in the realms of Black Magic.  And as Don Webb once described the Path of Darkness: “In this darkling universe there are no lights save for those you create through your hard work, your spiritual rebellion, your seeking after the mysteries of your own choosing.  When that light dawns, it will by its very nature not only give you moments of clarity about things in your life closest to you, it will likewise show you new horizons – horizons for you and you alone to explore.”

What is the Black Flame?

The term “Black Flame” appeared in modern times in Michael Aquino’s document “The Diabolicon”, where Lucifer came down from Heaven and infused within all mankind the essence of his mind.  When doing this, the radiance of Lucifer’s mind radiated out across the Earth in the form of brilliant rays of black light.

The Black Flame is the Essence of Set within us, it is that which initiates and inspires the Will to Come Into Being, it is the energizing force of the Will to Magic, Self-Consciousness, and higher intellect; it is the very essence of being within all self-aware entities.  All understanding of science and mathematics, independent thought, abstract, and creative thought such as inventiveness, philosophy, metaphysics, religion; all music and works of art; all expressions of the creative mind and will are spawns or manifestations of the Black Flame.  It is that which gives us a higher sense of Self just like other animals have a more heightened sense of sight, smell, and sound.  This is the nature of the Black Flame whose essence has become infused within our very biological structure, our DNA.

What is Black Magic?

Black Magic is the Willful confounding and alteration of the universal laws of the Cosmos.  It is the Art of altering or changing the subjective universe in order to produce a proportionate change in the objective universe in accordance with the Will.  Setian Magic is divided into lesser and greater degrees of manifestation, Lesser Black Magic (LBM) and Greater Black Magic (GBM).  Lesser Black Magic is the manipulation or influencing of events, situations, people, in the everyday world by the Magician in order to produce a desired outcome.

There is a three-fold dynamic in the practice of Greater Black Magic:

1. Origination – all Magic originates and begins in the mind.  Abstract and subjective thought.

2. Manifestation – the refinement of the subjective Will through Ritual Magic employed by the Magician so that his/her Will is known to the Universe.

3. Crystallization – the realization of the subjective Will into a definite form, woven into the warp and weave of the objective universe.  Subjective thoughts and ideas become objective reality.

Xeper and Remanifest.
/Setamontet\
Magister Ordo
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:56:28 am by Setamontet »

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

Onyx

Re: Setian Arcanum
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 02:57:57 pm »
What is a Setian?

Conventional religions seek to exchange individuality for a comforting sense of safety in numbers. The Setian, by contrast, is a dedicated Black Magician who rejects becoming absorbed into the universe, but rather works to glorify, expand, and preserve his or her own unique identity and self-awareness.

Why Set?

Set is an ancient Egyptian god of chaos and darkness. He was the god of the night sky, storms, etc. Set was depicted as a very unusual creature with no earthly counterpart, owing to his importance as a representation of all things unnatural, unpredictable, and hidden.

If we consider the consiousness to be the unnatural side of the metaphysical mind/body experience, then Set may be accurately viewed as the transcendental origin thereof. Set offers no grace or hand-holding, but is able to reveal one's higher potential when apprehended.

What is Xeper?

The word Xeper (or Kheper) means "to come into being", and is related to the self-created Egyptian god Khepri.

Xeper represents advancement in the evolution of the psyche through the force of will. Something may inspire someone to embark on a new personal quest, but it is up to the individual to see it through to completion.

What is Remanifestation?

Remanifestation is made evident when something is repeated over and over. What was initially gained through Xeper is extended through Remanifestation, resulting in an even greater expansion of the consciousness and sense of selfhood.

What is the significance of Darkness?

Great things may be discovered in darkness: rare arifacts in tombs, new cosmic discoveries, etc. The psyche is a dark place few dare to explore, but the Black Magician boldly embarks down the dark corridors of the mind and seeks out the hidden treasures within.

What is the Black Flame?

The Black Flame is the Magical gift of self-awareness that allows humans to formulate their own thoughts and come to their own conclusions.

As it is separate from the natural order, it cannot be fueled by it. It is therefore the responsibility of the Setian to re-kindle the Black Flame through Xeper and Remanifestation, lest it die out.

What is Black Magic?

There are two forms of Black Magic:

Lesser Black Magic (LBM) is employed to influence a particular outcome in the Objective realm through direct, often subtle manipulation of people, places, and things.

Greater Black Magic (GBM) is the alteration of the Subjective experience of the Magician, which will instantiate a reflection of that change in the Objective realm if the Working is successful.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:14:45 pm by Onyx »

Setamontet

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 08:09:56 pm »
Onyx, you touched upon a vital point, it is through our magical work, our Xeper and continual Remanifestation which fuels and energizes the Black Flame, the very essence of our Being.  We cease to work, to create, we stagnate and the Black Flame dwindles.

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,

Sutekh

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 10:58:31 am »

What is Remanifestation?

Remanifestation is made evident when something is repeated over and over. What was initially gained through Xeper is extended through Remanifestation, resulting in an even greater expansion of the consciousness and sense of selfhood.

I agree with some of your views in response to the Setian Arcanum, but I wanted to ask you a few questions regarding some things within your response to the Arcanum.  I tend to regard Remanifestation to be nearly the same as Xeper where ones being changes through doing many things such as Magick in general. But what I don't understand is repeating things over and over within Remanifestation, I can understand learning from ones mistakes in general but I was curious on what you meant by repeating things over and over with Remanifestation.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Sutekh

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 11:07:19 am »

What is the Black Flame?

The Black Flame is the Magical gift of self-awareness that allows humans to formulate their own thoughts and come to their own conclusions.

As it is separate from the natural order, it cannot be fueled by it. It is therefore the responsibility of the Setian to re-kindle the Black Flame through Xeper and Remanifestation, lest it die out.

I agree in part of your views regarding the Black Flame in general, as it is perhaps a permanent gift that can be offered to the Initiate in general. I agree in part that it is within ones body and psyche being a personal gift to the individual and not towards the natural order in general. However I think that ones Black Flame can always be fueled even if that individual is within the natural order judging by the outcome.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Onyx

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 01:21:07 pm »
I tend to regard Remanifestation to be nearly the same as Xeper where ones being changes through doing many things such as Magick in general. But what I don't understand is repeating things over and over within Remanifestation, I can understand learning from ones mistakes in general but I was curious on what you meant by repeating things over and over with Remanifestation.

Xeper isn't really the thing that is repeated. Remanifestation is the continuation of a specific aspect of personal development once made manifest by a moment of Xeper.

Around the age of eight, I was inspired to pursue computer programming. The school only had a single machine, and computers were primitive back then, but I went as far as I could at the time. As technology improved, I found myself Remanifesting this thing called "programming" over and over, perhaps even hundreds of times. But there was a single moment of Xeper which I remember well.

That's my personal understanding of the term.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 01:25:27 pm by Onyx »

Setamontet

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 09:26:56 pm »
Xeper and Remanifestation, the process of self directed self evolution, is like learning to master a musical instrument.  You discover your talent to play the piano and you decide to learn further certain techniques of the keyboard, you Xeper.  It is through Remanifestation, the continual exercise of the techniques you have learned which enable you to further enhance your talent and skills, to continue to Xeper, and eventually come into being as a master/virtuoso pianist.  A self-created divinity.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 09:30:49 pm by Setamontet »

Xepera maSet

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 07:22:21 pm »
What is a Setian, and Why Set?

A Setian is a henotheist who focuses on gods of consciousness over gods of order. Set is the main focus as the god of isolate consciousness, the Platonic Form of the individual, self-aware Self. H Te Velde gives three roles for the god Set in Seth: God of Confusion: a trickster type god of confusion, of god of isolation and separation, and a god of intoxication. By look at these 3 faces of Set we can see why Set is a good representative for this isolate consciousness. To our knowledge the vast majority of life and matter goes about what it does unthinkingly, like a planet on its orbit, a plant growing towards the sun, or an animal hunting for food and making shelter. It is only with isolate consciousness that humans come to experience the confusion of question like purpose and meaning. We do not go about like a star in orbit, but have reason and doubt much to the terror of the Hermeticists. Isolation and separation is rather self explanatory, and is the way I most commonly see Set. Human-like consciousness is something cut off from the rest of the world, from other conscious beings. At any given moment what one is consciously aware of may be anything from every day moments to unimaginable, unrealistic vistas only imaginable by that single individual. And intoxication, well, there's a reason most of us would not give drugs to children, or even most animals. It's a way to effect consciousness, and something for consenting, informed individuals to engage in.

What is Xeper and What is Remanifestation?

Xeper is a type of personal evolution. It is a static verb basically, something english does not have. Xeper is something always happening, whether you control it or not, whether you recognize it or not, and all things undergo some form of Xeper. The goal in Setianism is to control the Xeper willfully and recognize it, but this is a henotheistic preference, and not some monotheistic dogma. People are welcome to do what they want and focus on what they want. Remanifestation is a word for what Xeper occurs that had occurred previously, comparable to what happens when you rediscover a band you used to love.

What are Black Magic and the Black Flame?

These are the terms used by Dr. Michael Aquino to describe certain universal ideas. The black flame is comparable to the kundalini serpent, the Ka of Egypt, a divine spark of any sort, and so one. Black magic is self-directed self-evolution, not being swept up in the flow of deterministic and mechanistic nature, but separating and isolating yourself from that and directing your own path.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Onyx

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 08:12:30 pm »
More thoughts on Xeper/Remanifest:

If Xeper represents self creation, Remanifestation is analogous to self re-creation. A moment of Xeper can initiate a "positive-feedback loop" of Remanifesation that keeps things anew. But it can go the other way also, if negative thoughts and actions get in the way.

Therefore I feel that it is important to not only value past accomplishments, but also to see them in the "now", rather than become locked into a nostalgic mindset. Prior accomplishments can be picked up and become ever greater with a little effort put back into them.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:37:11 am by Onyx »

Xepera maSet

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2017, 01:55:55 am »
I am bumping some interesting topics new members may have missed and want to see.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

xx
Not a Setian?

Started by Xepera maSet on General LHP Discussion

8 Replies
Last post June 15, 2017, 09:08:54 pm
by Kapalika
xx
pi_ramesses - A Setian Journal

Started by pi_ramesses on Journals

14 Replies
Last post November 08, 2017, 08:55:31 pm
by pi_ramesses