Author Topic: Resources on Lesser Black Magic?  (Read 131 times)

King Mob

Resources on Lesser Black Magic?
« on: October 08, 2017, 02:10:32 pm »
I've started reading the book Apophis and really enjoy it. I'm currently undergoing The Nine Doors of Midgard program for Rune magic and I think I may begin replacing my previous practice of magical development with the outlines in Apophis but this all to me seems like Greater Black Magic.

However, I would like to learn some more practical results oriented magic and Lesser Black Magic seems like something worth exploring to me at this time.
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Setamontet

Re: Resources on Lesser Black Magic?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 10:39:36 am »
Hey King Mob,

Have you read "Black Magic" by Michael Aquino?

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

Mindmaster

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 05:15:50 pm »
I've started reading the book Apophis and really enjoy it. I'm currently undergoing The Nine Doors of Midgard program for Rune magic and I think I may begin replacing my previous practice of magical development with the outlines in Apophis but this all to me seems like Greater Black Magic.

However, I would like to learn some more practical results oriented magic and Lesser Black Magic seems like something worth exploring to me at this time.

What do you mean by LBM verses GBM? For me, magick is magick. Sometimes it is used to address a spiritual crisis or a mundane one, but it can also be used in adoration or elation. :D

Anyway, in order of effectiveness for me:

1) Theurgy/Demonic Invocation/Demonolatry (obviously requires theism to succeed on some of these, but w/e)

2) Energy Work (Elemental/Death/218 Current)

3) Chaos Sigil/Rune Magick (nearly the same thing)

4) Candle Magick, Folksy Stuff (mostly curious in this case)

5) Ceremonial Magick (GD, OTO, Thelma-style - far too complicated and nebulous in focus, irritates me)

Don't get too lost it what basically amounts to "using different brands of power tools", that stuff isn't very important in the long run. Experiment with effectiveness and then lock yourself down to the methods that return results.

King Mob

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 08:02:25 pm »
Hey, mindmaster. I was just asking about you in shoutouts. Mind if I shoot you a PM regarding demonalatry?

I'm going by Temple of Set/Satanic Church's guideline as it's useful. I think all that would classify as greater magic or medial(which to me is still Greater because same philosophy different symbolism so candle meditation is stil GBM and not medial to me.)

Lesser Black Magic is stuff that isn't magic perse but can effect your will. Esentially psychology, mentalism, etc. Hell, you could even learn actual illusionary and use it as LBM by digusing as real magic. For example, learn how to force a card than apply that trick to a tarot reading. It's esentially just manipulation honestly but it is an interesting field.
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Mindmaster

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 07:46:25 am »
Hey, mindmaster. I was just asking about you in shoutouts. Mind if I shoot you a PM regarding demonalatry?

I'm going by Temple of Set/Satanic Church's guideline as it's useful. I think all that would classify as greater magic or medial(which to me is still Greater because same philosophy different symbolism so candle meditation is stil GBM and not medial to me.)

Lesser Black Magic is stuff that isn't magic perse but can effect your will. Esentially psychology, mentalism, etc. Hell, you could even learn actual illusionary and use it as LBM by digusing as real magic. For example, learn how to force a card than apply that trick to a tarot reading. It's esentially just manipulation honestly but it is an interesting field.

I understand the value of such practices, but I find it strange to call it black magick. :D

Regarding Demonolatry, feel free. Not that I am hanging my expert hat out there, but I probably either know the answer or where to find it. :D

King Mob

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 10:56:01 am »
I just use the traditional language. It's all rooted in Lavey's theatrics although I can see the reasoning.

I partially feel it's still popular as it's a way to trick one's own conciense before they broke out of an old, outdated ethics system wose of hich I honestly feel is the purpose of most of Lavey's work. This one just happened to stick around and will do.

Xepera maSet

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 12:49:05 pm »
I've personally stopped using the term "magic" or "black magic" at all. Too confusing, too debatable. When writing the O.S. statement I came to the term "Self-Directed Self-Evolution" which I prefer to use now. It also can encompass both so called Greater and Lesser forms.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

xx
Extending Lesser Magic

Started by Cabshear on Satanism

9 Replies
Last post December 12, 2017, 01:31:31 pm
by Cabshear
xx
Outline of a Black Magic Rite

Started by Setamontet on General LHP Discussion

2 Replies
Last post September 23, 2017, 01:24:59 pm
by Setamontet