Author Topic: Styxhexenhammer666  (Read 1340 times)

pi_rameses

Styxhexenhammer666
« on: October 06, 2017, 09:58:29 pm »
I started watching a certain Youtuber named Styxhexenhammer666 who vlogs about current events. And he has an interesting background in the occult, often writing on such topics. He has 100+ videos on the occult. Ex-Satanist who has gone off on his own path. This is him speaking of Satanism as a path of liberation:

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:04:33 pm by pi_ramesses »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra

Ave Lucifugus

Re: Styxhexenhammer666
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 05:46:01 pm »
I don't like watching Styxhexenhammer666 because he's an arrogant pseudo-intellectual. He never does proper research, and always strawmans the opponent he's trying to debate. In that video series you linked (Satanic Magick), he said that Temple of Set is atheistic. His really old videos were good, though. Back then, he did seem to care about research.

...Not to mention that he contradicts himself quite a bit, especially whenever he talks about his beliefs. He keeps saying he's spiritual, yet he only holds like 2 spiritual beliefs (synchronicity and a possibility of life in other dimensions). He also likes to spout this sentence a lot,

"It's not genuine occultism." Or "It's not real occultism."

Bleh...

I don't know about his political videos, though, as I didn't bother checking those out. Except the MGTOW one, which was...dreadful.

pi_rameses

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 06:03:04 pm »
Yeah. That's understandable that most of his content is disagreeable. And I certainly don't endorse them. I construe it more as an exercise in patience or separating from my inherent biases and attempting to see another perspective. For one, I didn't like that Setians were lumped into a theistic pagan group in his categories. There was a part in the series where he commits ad hominem on certain founders which was uncalled for. And I have noticed that he goes against Leftists in much of the current events.

But in all that sensationalism, he credits Satanism as a viable path to liberation. I grant that much and just highlight that.

Liu

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 06:13:40 pm »
I once watched some vids by him and didn't like his approach much. But maybe it was just the topics I found boring.

Also, anyone having an idea why his channel is blocked in my country (Germany)? I can see his vids, but not his channel.

pi_rameses

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 06:54:12 pm »
@Liu I couldn't tell you.  :| A lot of things come to mind as his approach is rebellious but I have no grounds for supposing it.

Ave Lucifugus

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 04:50:34 pm »
Here's a prime example of why I think Styxhexenhammer666 is a trash source of information, and does no research whatsoever. Behold:

Not only does he mispronounce the name every single time, he also just gives a shallow overview of the ONA, which isn't even accurate. He also does not cover their core beliefs.

Edgy pseudo-intellectual wannbe-occultists like him should not be allowed to post anything on the internet before they do any substantial research.

pi_rameses

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 11:06:09 pm »
Lol. Nine angels. I pretty much had to stop 5 minutes into it as I was cringing. All in the posture I guess. He comes across as a reactionary type of vlogger to me. Although I would probably prefer to watch Sargon of Akkad for that effect.

Sutekh

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 11:48:53 pm »
He also does not cover their core beliefs.

With the ONA they are a very complicated group when it comes to studying their belief systems. I can understand bits of their motivations behind their beliefs, but at the same time Iv'e always struggled to understand them fully.

I recalled that when I decided to read up on them for months and weeks I became rather spiritually and intellectually drained from to much occult studies.

I still believe in what I believe, and carry my beliefs with me nonetheless. I feel that I have obtained much of the knowledge from my insights of my studies from some of the philosophies and religions within the dark path.

I must however share my honesty on this thread, the occult isn't something in which you gain everything all in once. You may feel that once you study the occult you have the knowledge you need, but the Occult is based on curiosity by gaining more knowledge and creating an understanding of that knowledge.

Even if one has gained his own knowledge and is nonetheless fool metaphorically speaking, :mrgreen: he would still develop an interest with more hidden knowledge behind the occult.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:24:37 pm by Sutekh »
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Setamontet

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 10:02:32 pm »
Every one should know on this forum that I am not a fan of the ONA.  They are a society of frauds, who, in my opinion, offer nothing of any important value to the LHP.  At least now you know my opinion of them.  ;)  I will neither debate nor discuss their philosophy.

Xeper and Remanifest toward Entelecheia.
/Setamontet\
Magister Ordo
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:05:37 pm by Setamontet »

"O learn the Law, my brothers of the night - the Great Law and the Lesser Law.
The Great Law brings the balance and doth persist without mercy.
The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey

NEMO 93

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 10:05:50 pm »
@Setamontet

I pretty much agree with you. However, I'm sad that some just regular chaos magic stuff became associated with him so heavily.

Setamontet

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 10:14:35 pm »
@Setamontet

I pretty much agree with you. However, I'm sad that some just regular chaos magic stuff became associated with him so heavily.

I doubt it will last long though.  As those of us in the Know will soon show him up.  Look, this guy is ok, but there is just something about him I don't like.  Plus he is not an O.S. or forum member.  You can sense it too.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:31:11 pm by Setamontet »

The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!" - Anton LaVey

NEMO 93

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 12:09:24 am »
Whoops, typo. I meant them referring to O9A.

Ave Lucifugus

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 07:43:15 am »
Yeah, no, I'm not a fan of O9A either. I take some ideas from them, but I discard all the rest. I do the same with every system.

@Setamontet , who are you referring to? Styx? I don't think chaos magic is associated with him that much, if at all.

Setamontet

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 11:59:27 am »

Mike

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 03:56:21 pm »
Setmontent
Regarding O9A, wholehearted agreement! They are a bunch of coprophagic fuckwits that give me the boak (and that is genuinely the nicest thing I can think to say of them).