Author Topic: Consciousness as the Field that Connects Brain to Form  (Read 318 times)

Xepera maSet

Consciousness as the Field that Connects Brain to Form
« on: April 19, 2017, 10:38:29 am »
So I have been studying Dr. Aquino's Mindstar, which is basically his entire metaphysical foundation in a book. In it Dr. A seems to suggest that consciousness is the field that connects the brain to the personal Form/higher self, similar to the L-Fields proven by Dr. Harold Saxton Burr, and used by him to argue against materialism. This idea blew my mind, to say the least. I'm still pondering this idea and its implications.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Onyx

Re: Consciousness as the Field that Connects Brain to Form
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 07:31:22 pm »
I have some of Dr. Aquino's books on order, looking forward to reading more about this concept.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:53:24 am by Onyx »

Hammerheart

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 11:40:17 am »
I think that makes sense. We have our instinctual driven, pre-programmed Lesser Mind, our Conscious Mind, and our Greater Mind, or highest representation of the self. Obviously, sentience is intermediate between the two, that is pretty much given, but it seems like in the physical world (Midgard in my system of theology), is navigable simply by our instincts. Our drive to eat, stay alive, and procreate is sufficient. However, in order to connect our mind to the spiritual, we need consciousness.

Xepera maSet

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 07:47:23 pm »
Indeed, the Form come into being when the physical manifestation does, the two must be connected. This connection is isolate consciousness. As the anchor of consciousness, the brain, grows, we become able to understand our true self, out fundamental principles and out telos. If it is true of the body as in L Fields, surely it may be true of consciousness. I believe this would be the Ba in Egyptian metaphysics, connecting the Khat, Ren, Sheut, and Ib to the Ka.

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Xepera maSet

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 08:26:40 pm »
Aquino brought up something new to me in Mindstar: the concept of [Life Fields](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Saxton_Burr#Academic_career) by Dr. Harold Saxton Burr. Burr theorized that there is a L(life)-Field for every human body, that it could be detected and that it was essential to how the human body works. I honestly mostly ignored this my first readthrough, brushing it off as new age garbage (very surprising for Dr. Aquino). Second time around I looked into it and holy crap, its [actually](http://www.wrf.org/men-women-medicine/dr-harold-s-burr.php) a [known](http://www.stealthskater.com/Documents/Bio_2.pdf) scientific [fact](http://journals.sfu.ca/seemj/index.php/seemj/article/download/401/362). You see, Burr wondered how the body remained mostly the same, despite the entirety of its physical components dying and having to be replicated over and over again throughout life. What he discovered was this L-Field which essentially provided a blueprint for the continued recreation of the body. Perhaps not surprisingly, Burr later went on to argue that this L-Field proved a type of teleology, that there is a purpose to these L-Fields and the purpose is the aforementioned blueprint that cells essentially “grow into.” He was adamantly anti-materialistic due to his discoveries, which is why you likely never heard of him! As Dr. Aquino mentions, “Centuries ago religious heretics were tortured and executed. Modern academic/scientific heretics will merely find themselves Orwell’s “unpersons”: unpublished, unemployed, and professionally exiled” (page 16).

Following Dr. Burr was a man by the name of Edward Russel, who extended Dr. Burr’s ideas to include a field connecting thoughts to the brain, specifically memory. He saw that memory and its recovery do not seem to act in linear ways. You may remember your first kiss clearly and forget what you had for dinner last night, memory access is instantaneous barring any illness or damage, and even in most cases of memory loss, memories can often be formed further, or remembered before a certain period.

Dr. Aquino ties these theories together in his attempt to answer the mind-body problem. He sees consciousness itself as the field which connects the Form or soul to the physical individual. As each individual human being is a unique and isolate incident, consciousness is not only teleological like other fields, but there must be a unique telos to each individual. As the brain grows and learns to better process consciousness, the individual is able to discover their telos and chose to follow or reject it. Aquino seems to think that it is the Form itself, being perfect and outside of time, which designs this individual telos, though most religions seem to believe that telos is put in place by God or Nature for each individual. In the end this really gets into a different topic all together.

So TLDR: Dr. Aquino believes the “consciousness” is a teleological field that connects the timeless, immaterial Form/Soul/Ka/Higher Self/whatever to the physical individual. Humans are capable of understanding this purpose, which Dr. Aquino believes is created by the soul itself, though this comes down to the LHP/RPH debate. What do you think of this theory?

Onyx

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 01:16:13 pm »
I knew Dr. Burr/Dr. Ravitz sounded familiar.. the book "Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain" (p. 74-77) mentions their work in relation to Soviet psychokinesis research.

This describes in detail the apparatus used to measure the tiny voltages involved:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2601500/pdf/yjbm00539-0079.pdf

pi_ramesses

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 11:45:32 pm »
Beside it being self-evident, It is nice to see a vast collection of empirical evidence that suggests the primacy and subsistence of consciousness.

I would like to highlight one such spokesman, Dr. Bernardo Kastrup (http://www.bernardokastrup.com/p/about.html?m=1). I have been perusing his works since I read Brief Peeks Beyond. The idea of monistic idealism seemed quite curious and somewhat counter-culture. But by the end of it, I was convinced that physicalism or materialism was not an adequate position to solving the "mind-body problem" either so idealism was as equally or more valid.

One of his works that is freely available sums up his philosophy succinctly to the appeasement of academics:
http://www.mdpi.com/2409-9287/2/2/10/htm
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic atur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

xx
Nine States of Consciousness

Started by Setamontet on General LHP Discussion

10 Replies
Last post October 07, 2017, 10:34:56 am
by Setamontet
xx
Consciousness, The Prince of Darkness

Started by Sutekh on General LHP Discussion

0 Replies
Last post September 26, 2017, 09:12:53 pm
by Sutekh
xx
Kek, Consciousness, Meme Magic, and connection to Set

Started by Setamorphosis on General LHP Discussion

20 Replies
Last post October 07, 2017, 04:48:11 am
by Setamorphosis
xx
How do you know you're dealing with an egregore or a thought-form?

Started by Setamorphosis on Other Religions

11 Replies
Last post October 13, 2017, 03:15:20 pm
by King Mob