Author Topic: Need Opinions: Anti-Cosmic Approach to LHP  (Read 4777 times)

Ave Lucifugus

Re: Need Opinions: Anti-Cosmic Approach to LHP
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2018, 08:49:19 pm »
Ah, interesting. Thanks. Set-Horus being the same is also confirmed by Hermeticism, actually.

Rougue

« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2018, 02:50:47 am »
Nice.
From my understanding, The Child is the creation of Chaos  (& Void) ,
Chaos is the possibility of everything, but Chaos with manifestation is Chaos and The Child.
Different steps of the same self.
It's not structure because the form isn't set (lol), growing with Chaos as their Father.
(although One of the same)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 02:55:40 am by Rougue »
The Rose of the Palace of Fire

Ave Lucifugus

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2018, 10:54:55 am »
The Void/Chaos is a complicated topic, as you might imagine. It's all possibilities happening at once...however, there's a possibility that something is not possible. Chaos can't be comprehended by the human mind.

This could be an interesting book on the subject: https://www.amazon.com/Sync-Order-Emerges-Universe-Nature/dp/0786887214

NEMO 93

« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2018, 03:39:29 am »
@Olive I thank you so much! That is a wondeful repsonse and one I really needed to hear. I still can't quite place where I stand with her and if I've earned her respect or disrespect. But that's such great information to have.

To thank you, have this short film about pulling down the moon.  :)

@Setamorphosis Indeed it is. The Crawling Chaos by Lovecraft really makes me think of the void/chaos for some reason. Now what it descrbies but in the way it describes that, if it makes sense. Nyarlhotep stories in general seem to be close to accurately describing the void, in some manner.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:09:47 pm by pi_rameses »

Ave Lucifugus

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2018, 05:43:02 pm »
The way I see it, Nyarlathotep is the manifestation of Chaos that creeps into the order, and slowly but surely causes disarray.

Olive

« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2018, 06:08:57 pm »
@Olive I think you so much! That is a wondeful repsonse and one I really needed to hear. I still can't quite place where I stand with her and if I've earned her respect or disrespect. But that's such great information to have.

To thank you, have this short film about pulling down the moon.  :)

Haha thank you for that Mob. You gave me something to smile about while eating my breakfast.  :)

Nyarlathotep is one of my favorites of the Lovecraft mythos. Calling him Chaos in the veneer of Order seems pretty accurate. The way he plays with us like a cat with a mouse is just intriguing, considering he could just wipe us out if that was his desire - but it isn't. At least not yet. I'm not that into serious work with lovecraftian entities, but from a lay perspective the Great Race of Yith also tickle my fancy.
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley