Author Topic: Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)  (Read 262 times)

EnergyGem

Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)
« on: April 01, 2018, 11:16:23 am »
Hi all,

I've come across a fascinating book that talks about high level spiritual things from a scientific perspective. This book is intriguing as it talks about many similar things to what people in mystical states mention such as seeing into parallel dimensions and interacting with beings from other worlds etc.

This book is called Zhuan Falun and it is from the Buddha Law School of Cultivation however it is not Buddhism the religion or Daoism the religion, it's something more profound. It seems to me to be more of a spiritual science as many of the terms and concepts in the book are talked about in a scientific down to earth manner instead of flowery mystical prose which I found very refreshing.

Now here is where it gets interesting, this book talks about the following things:

● Other Dimensions - Levels Of Dimensions spanning into the microcosm and also outwards into the macrocosm

● The Soul - It talks about people having a Master soul and a subordinate soul which is hidden from you but is at a more advanced level then you, it states some people have more then one Subordinate soul and some are of not of the same sex as you i.e males having a female subordinate soul etc.

● Microcosmic worlds - This concept was very far out but it talks about there being worlds within you, countless worlds. Similar to our world with life , water, animals etc. An analogy is zooming an an atom within one of your cells and realizing at that level of magnification it is just like our solar system. Then zooming into a single particle in that world and finding out it too is a vast world, apparently the level it can go onwards like this is beyond imagination.

● Supernatural Abilities - In the book they mention that everyone has them it is just that they have atrophied. It goes into depth about this topic. Some abilities that are mentioned are precognition, retrocognition and remote vision.

● The 3rd Eye - Talks about how at the front part of our pineal gland there is a complete structure of an eye there. Modern science calls it a vestigial eye but in the cultivation world they say this eye just naturally exists like that and it can be activated allowing one to pierce through this dimension and see other dimensions. It talks about how there are many levels to this 3rd eye and it goes into great depth about it.

● Thoughts - This part was amazing. It talks about how a human brain is just a processing plant. How the real you is actually your soul, it's like your whole body and brain is just a vehicle and that the true commands are issued by your master soul, but this master soul is very tiny and it can switch positions while inside you and it can also expand and shrink. It can move from your brain to your heart and to other parts of your body and it is 'he' who calls the shots. Your brain is just the factory which your master soul sends his cosmic commands to which then create the forms of expression and communication we use such as speech, gestures, etc.

These are just a few things that are covered but there are many many other things which blew my mind when I read it because of how it resonated with some of the mystical experiences people sometimes have, especially the multidimensional nature of reality and how all of them are hidden in our day to day perceptions of the world.

If this sounds interesting to anyone you can grab a copy of the book here:

http://en.falundafa.org/eng/pdf/ZFL2014.pdf

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Eternally Grateful to Our Forum Members; HAIL YOU!
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
Re: Zhuan Falun (Turning The Law Wheel)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 03:52:01 pm »
I will have to look into these!

"The Dragon became as a many-headed Serpent,
It's fiery tongues bearing forth speech
Into all the kingoms of the Earth."

My book, "Behold: the Prince of Darkness!": https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1726037460/ref=dbs_a_w_dp_1726037460

Liu

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 05:39:42 pm »
Might give it a read one day or another.

However, from the first glance it doesn't give of much of a scientific vibe.
I have encountered genuine scientific approaches to psychic abilities and similar, albeit rarely, and that looks pretty different.
Neither any bibliographical references nor does the author seem to describe any experiments. Only one claim after the other.

EDIT: Okay, leafed through it a bit more, and is that author actually putting homosexuality in the same category as drug abuse and murder?
I suppose I have seen enough. Perhaps there is interesting stuff to be found in there, but that book is now very much at the bottom of my reading pile.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 05:45:31 pm by Liu »

EnergyGem

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 06:15:36 am »
I will have to look into these!

I hope you find it of interest  :)

Might give it a read one day or another.

However, from the first glance it doesn't give of much of a scientific vibe.
I have encountered genuine scientific approaches to psychic abilities and similar, albeit rarely, and that looks pretty different.
Neither any bibliographical references nor does the author seem to describe any experiments. Only one claim after the other.

EDIT: Okay, leafed through it a bit more, and is that author actually putting homosexuality in the same category as drug abuse and murder?
I suppose I have seen enough. Perhaps there is interesting stuff to be found in there, but that book is now very much at the bottom of my reading pile.

Liu, the contents of The book actually does explain things from a scientific perspective. Here is an excerpt from Zhuan Falun which highlights this:

"When we mention certain things some people blurt right out, "blind belief." Why do they do that? Their criteria for something being "blind belief" or "quackery" is that it’s whatever science hasn’t grasped, or whatever they haven’t experienced first-hand, or whatever they think can’t possibly exist. That’s their way of thinking. So is that way of thinking correct? Can you just dismiss something as blind belief or quackery just because science hasn’t grasped it yet, or just because science isn’t far enough along to explain it yet? Aren’t these people themselves full of blind belief?

And aren’t they caught up in quackery? If everybody thought that way, could science develop? Could it move forward? Society wouldn’t be able to make progress. The things that our scientific and technological community has invented are all things that people didn’t have at one time. If those things were all thought of as blind belief, then there’d be no point in talking about progress, right? Qigong isn’t quackery. But there are always a lot of people who think it is, since they don’t understand it.

But with the use of scientific instruments people have now detected on the bodies of qigong masters things like infrasonic waves, ultrasonic waves, electromagnetic waves, infrared, ultraviolet, gamma rays, neutrons, atoms, and trace metal elements. Aren’t those all concrete things? They’re matter. Aren’t all things made of matter? Aren’t other space-times made of matter? Could you call them blind belief? Qigong is for cultivating Buddhahood, so of course there are going to be a lot of profound things involved. And we’re going to explain all of them."

And here are some scientific experiments that backup this claim:

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/461442-superhuman-energy-cultivated-by-meditators-its-science/

Although Falun Dafa is not Buddhism the religion it's origins are very ancient indeed. Here are two excerpts from Zhuan Falun that talk about this matter:

excerpt 1:

"Our Falun Dafa is one of the Buddhist system’s 84,000 disciplines. It’s never been passed on to the general public before during this period of civilization, but it did once save people on a large scale in a prehistoric age. Today I’m spreading it again widely during this final period of the kalpa’s end, so it’s just extremely precious."

excerpt 2:

"What we cultivate in our practice is huge, it’s not like all those ones that imitate animal movements. What we cultivate in this practice is just immense. Back in the times of Shakyamuni and Lao-zi, all of the truths taught then were just truths within the scope of our Milky Way. Then what do we cultivate in Falun Dafa? We cultivate by following the laws governing evolution in this universe, we take the highest nature of the universe—to be True, Good, and Endure—as the standard to guide our cultivation. What we cultivate is something so huge, it’s the same as cultivating a universe."

In terms of homosexuality, it's True, Falun Dafa regards it as sinful. Many upright Cultivation ways also believe this to be so.

Liu

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 10:37:22 am »
Admittedly, that sounds better than the excerpts I read while leaving through.

Still wouldn't call something scientific if it doesn't provide the sources itself.

Thanks for the source in any case.
Yeah, heard of things like that. But that's basically the same mechanism as what is used in autogenic training and placebo, i.e. influencing one's own body functions via one's mind or subconscious.
Surely impressive and useful and all, but not what I would normally refer to as spiritual. Spirituality might help achieving this level of proficency, though.

(The scientific approaches I hinted on above were rather about investigating those kinds of psychic phenomena which can't be explained by those mechanisms, e.g. influencing one's luck, or healing other people via 'energy')

In terms of homosexuality, it's True, Falun Dafa regards it as sinful. Many upright Cultivation ways also believe this to be so.
Trying not to throw out the child with the bath water, but prejudices like that give off the impression that also other convictions of the author might be grounded in personal opinion or traditional dogma instead of being well-researched and trustworthy, thereby vastly reducing the credibility.