Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 543 times)

Cabshear

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 02:40:34 am »
Fortunately my work allows me time to experience sometime enjoying video games. While I spend more time in the pursuits of study, weight lifting, and other hobbies.

Currently, I am enjoying Just Cause 3. While I am not a massive fan of sandbox themed games, for some reason this one is extremely enjoyable. When I am not playing that I enjoy my Halo collection or Fallout 4.

King Mob

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 07:53:01 am »
I've loved Assasin's Creed: Origins so much I want to re-visit the series. I honestly only played 2, 3, and 4.

I loved 2, thought 3 was alright, and I hated 4. I kind of want to get into it cause of the lore around DNA memories is something that is common in my occult studies and paradigm right now.

Plus I'm a fucking huge history geek and I apparantly missed the french revolution and victorian england which are two of my obsessions right now.

There's a black friday sale on the play station network so I bought 1, the Ezio collection(2 and its trilogy), and Syndicate. I own 3 and 4 so all I'm missing is rogue(which ill probably skip) and unity(which I really want.
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

King Mob

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 08:17:54 pm »
Assassin's Creed: Origins is really fucking great now that I'm in th middle of the story. Ancient Egyptian Religion is being showed with a lot of emotional plots.

It does a really great job at painting the Templars(or Proto-Templars) to be more empathetic wich noble causes then the other games as well. I mean, they still do some horrible stuff but my last two targets had some truly great causes that I felt a little sad about stopping.

Meanwhile, your character who will start the assassin's is obsessed with revenge. I mean he has some caring, since he's a Medji and truly helps people but he seems more concerned with revenge.

Also, my current level is a vision quest.
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Mindmaster

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 04:03:37 am »
Divinity Original Sin, $10 now on Xbox :D

More time is about to be wasted, I assure you all. :D

Xepera maSet

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 04:27:02 am »
Scholar of the First on Xbox One this time.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"The Degradation of the Great Bear, Draco, and other types of eternity,
 proved to be the creation of Hell."
- Kenneth Grant

Frater V.I.M.

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2017, 01:50:18 am »
Just started messing around with this pretty amazing new hack of Castlevania for the NES called "Castlevania: The Holy Relics." It just came out the other day, and it's pretty insane what all they've managed to do with this one. It's WAY more than a simple graphics hack. Ya can check it out here:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3759/
“All my joy, perfect, transcending sense, is given of Aiwaz, whom we call the Devil.” - Uncle Al

King Mob

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2017, 03:00:49 am »
@Frater V.I.M. I've been meaning to get into the Castlevania hack scene. James & Mike Mondays feature them a lot and it's very interesting what people do. I'll have to check that out.

I'm about to play Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis to celebrate finishing and passing my Archeology class and for some motivation going forward in this academic area. Indie always has a special place in my heart and Atlantis is intriguing me again from a myth perspective.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:14:57 am by pi_ramesses »

Xepera maSet

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2017, 07:53:05 am »
I received AC:Origins from my girlfriend for the holidays. Once you get used to the combat it's amazing, you guys would most likely enjoy it.

- Kenneth Grant

King Mob

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2017, 08:05:02 pm »
The otherday I received an email from The Black Watchmen saying they needed help with Operation Tidalwave. I had to speak a latin contation and record it then draw the sigil on the phone I recieved (a dagaz rune) so I'm logging in now to check what's new.

Black Watchmen is fucking amazing, it's an Occult themed Augmented Reality Game. You basically play CIA-style agents of a secret organization that stop rituals and the like.

https://www.blackwatchmen.com

I understand that most people don't want to pay for an ARG but it's permanently ongoing. In addition to two seasons(which you can go back and catch up on- but miss the social interaction), they continuously put out free DLC to keep the story going.

There's different clearances. Highest one you need to pass some kind of physical test so you can do the real world stuff. It's a fucking awesome game and I think a lot of you here would like it.

It also has a tutorial to teach you the basics of ARG game and its where I learned.

Highly recommended! If any of you join, let me know as the fun part of ARG is being active in the community.

King Mob

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2017, 08:46:49 pm »
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1la1v6TclPW_ORNmRlIDEPwFZ6LkZLv8XQZocIEcqG7g/edit#

Her'es the briefinf on the corruent mission if anyone wants in. We're currently wating for a Green Coded agent to complete a real-life mission in Salem (slightly Jelly) while working out the clues he's recieved thus far on Discord.

https://forums.aliceandsmith.com

Forum if you want to get in, also the discord should be on there or the game.

That update should show you how Occultism and stuff works into it and what the stories are like.

It's really fucking cool, I love it. I still need to catch up on the original seasons but it's less fun without other agents to figure it out with in real time.

King Mob

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2017, 10:45:44 pm »
I'm about to play Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis.

I love the movies, it's partially responsible for my career choice despite it being totally unrealistic. The Mummy might be even more responsible, even if they're fantastic they inspired a deep love of history in me and a strong urge to travel the world.

The game is an amazing Lucasarts Point & Click adventure. Fantastic humor while perfectly capturing the tones of the movie. I never really completed it this one although I spent hours and hours on various replays in the similar game The Last Crusade in late high school when I heard news of a new Jones movie coming out.

I can actually recommend all the following indy games:

The one text adventure is surprisingly really good and captures the mood for it. I'd actually like to invoke Indy and play it one day.

Last Crusade Graphic Advneture. (point and click with combat that recaptures the feel of the opening of prologue Raiders)

Fate of Atlantis (point and click with refined combat- a sequel still during the nazi era).

Infernal Machine on N64 (platformer very much like tomber raider- sequel during the cold war era)

The Emperor's Tomb (similar to above, refined for ps2 era- prequel to Temple of Doom) Side note: both this game and movie serving as a prequel kind of ruin Indy's skeptic stance in Raiders, unfortunately.

I never played Staff of the Kings but thinking about buying it now despite it's horrible reputation.

But yeah, I'm definitely checking out Fate of Atlantis today and maybe Last Crusade for nostalgia.

Xepera maSet

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2017, 03:05:37 am »
Emperor's Tomb is bomb. It's on GOG for like $2.

- Kenneth Grant

King Mob

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2017, 07:17:30 am »
@Xepera maSet  I believe it's back up to 6 now but yeah, I just bought it and installed GOG's client for ease. Really looking forward to playing it again. Haven't played it since middle school.

Also ordered a screw driver so I can repair my N64 and play INfernal Machine and Goldeneye.

pi_rameses

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2018, 12:16:13 am »
I pre-ordered Monster Hunter World for PS4. It will be available Thursday evening.
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

King Mob

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2018, 04:40:35 am »
@pi_ramesses  Let me know how that is! It looks really interesting but I never played a game in the franchise.

I've been really into King's Quest lately, both the original graphic adventure that's super old now and the new one that's like Telltale but with more puzzles. It's really relaxing to just sit down, have a open level to explore and put together stuff then get by using your wit and logic alone.

I'm really considering buying Dragonball Fighterz, or whatever the new DBZ game is called. Also tempted to pick up Fallout 4 again, we shall see.