Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 2329 times)

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
  • Eternally Grateful to Our Forum Members; HAIL YOU!
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
What are you playing?
« on: September 26, 2017, 01:21:32 am »
I thought we already had this thread, but I couldn't find it. Same as the other stickies but for games!

I just picked up Ghost Recon Wildlands, and my God I wish I had more vacation time to take. If you like tactical, stealth, and sniping games it should be next on your list.

"My step is great, that I may traverse the sky."
- The Pyramid Texts

NEMO 93

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 01:17:41 am »
I started up Skyrim Remastered again as a break from Fallout 4. Injustice 2 every now and then. I'm highly considering deleting Battlefiled 1 for space for MGSV.

I'm so busy with school but I really want to hook up my Virtual Reality so I can finally get around to playing Resident Evil 7 again and check out the new Paranormal Activity game. I watched my friend play the latter for a bit and it looks pretty fun.

Mindmaster

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 06:28:18 pm »
I thought we already had this thread, but I couldn't find it. Same as the other stickies but for games!

I just picked up Ghost Recon Wildlands, and my God I wish I had more vacation time to take. If you like tactical, stealth, and sniping games it should be next on your list.

Witcher 3, went $20 on Xbone... I'm hopelessly addicted with over eighty hours in... :D

I do like Skyrim too, but I destroyed the game (beat it all) never could bring myself to pay another $60 for a simply remastered version... Even though I know the new one supports mods on Xbox... I tried it and it's not THAT MUCH different from the old game.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 06:30:21 pm by Mindmaster »

pi_rameses

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 02:28:20 am »
So Assassin's Creed Origins just came on my radar. I like that it is set in the Ptolemaic period in Egypt and that a lot of research to make it accurate had been invested. The discovery mode in the game impressed me as a museum tour almost.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 02:30:10 am by pi_ramesses »
"Some say Kos, others Kosm.
As you did for the vacuous Rom,
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

-Micolash, Host of the Nightmare

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 04:13:54 am »
I can't wait to get ACO but not until I see the reviews.

- The Pyramid Texts

pi_rameses

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 10:07:24 am »
I have mixed feelings in regards to video games, anime and manga. On the one hand, I certainly enjoy them and understand that consumers can remain patient for not too long.

But sometimes I cringe, hearing how the developers are treated as they crunch through ridiculous work hours:
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/25/opinion/work-culture-video-games-crunch.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&referer=https://t.co/IPHE9BSakY

At least for the magaka, I am aware that certain measures are taken to alleviate this stress (take longer breaks and rest) but I'm not aware of that happening for game developers.
Someone I admire commented on this Op-ed via Twitter that:
Many creative fields are like this. Preying on young people's enthusiasm. Same as Hollywood, only spiritual molestation instead of physical.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:11:10 am by pi_ramesses »
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

pi_rameses

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 06:15:38 pm »
A SMT Nocturne 100% compendium video commented profanely by The Dude. Skip to 30 minutes to see the gameplay. Something to whet your appetite for my upcoming contribution to the newsletter. The popular Persona games are spin-offs from this SMT timeline:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 06:20:52 pm by pi_ramesses »
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 07:07:28 pm »
I don't even know what I played last, mainly messing around with PoP 1989. Kind of have a Demons Souls itch, I still haven't beat that one.

- The Pyramid Texts

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 07:08:07 pm »
Oh I played dead space for like ten minutes. Still just can't get into that one.

- The Pyramid Texts

pi_rameses

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 08:40:24 pm »
I don't even know what I played last, mainly messing around with PoP 1989. Kind of have a Demons Souls itch, I still haven't beat that one.

Have you ever seen a speed run of Demon's Souls? It's awesome. I've seen one for every installment of the Souls-Borne series. Kudos to Speedsouls.
grant us eyes.
Grant us eyes."

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 08:56:59 pm »
Yeah if it exists for Souls I've probably watched it lol. Speed runs are insane.

- The Pyramid Texts

NEMO 93

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 06:22:21 pm »
I just downloaded and installed Assassin's Creed Orgin as well as Skyrim VR and Stifled VR. My friend got me to play chess again and I've been taking it up as a habit to make me more concious of my thinking patterns and to think ahead. It seems like a great mindfulness exercise that can contribute to lesser black magick.

When I get the money, I really want to get Chess Ultra since it's VR compatible and multiplayer. I feel it's better practice to play against a human opponent than AI ones especially for LBM reasons- it can become like poker where talking and socializing is part of the strategy, an attempt to distract them plus the conscious effort to not gaze at obvious parts for your next movie if you see an error you made.

Stifled is just an interesting concept that could only work in VR imo.

PSVR is best played at night due to tracking issues caused by sunlight and I love Ancient Egypt so Assassins Creed: Origins will probably be started first today. I'd also like to beat Until Dawn before the Inpatient comes out as well.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 10:45:02 pm by pi_ramesses »

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 11:45:12 pm »
Let me know about origins!

- The Pyramid Texts

NEMO 93

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 06:57:01 pm »
@Xepera maSet  I only played for about a hour and half to two hours but I'm really enjoying it so far. Keep in mind I haven't played an Assassin's Creed game since 4, which I hated so these may have been additions added in the past.

Egypt is an amazing setting, it's great for an open world game. Hunting to craft is pretty fun, I like the use of your pet hawk to scout both hunting grounds and assassination target areas. Interesting structures to climb.  Tombs to explore and loot. Interesting targets, one of your first targets is a false oracle that was instated for power.

My main criticism is it's extremely hard to find places to hide thus far but I am hoping they will increase as I unlock more of the game.

It's a beautiful game and the attention to the world in the game is amazing. My favorite moment is when I was hunting and I saw someone rowing to the city down the river(or whatever body of water it is) it was on.

I'm a bit of a Egypt fanboy though so I'm gonna be highly biased but I also grew tired of AC about half way through 3. As for practical gameplay, I don't think any setting will top Rome. Those maps were really well thought out.

You seem to have quite a bit of freedom in Assassination as well. I read in a review that there's Hitman-esque freedom but I'm not good enough of a player to confirm that.

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2017, 08:47:53 pm »
I'm stoked!

- The Pyramid Texts