Author Topic: Discussing Beliefs  (Read 868 times)

Liu

Re: Discussing Beliefs
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 11:19:20 am »
Remember, Forms are hierarchical, and do partake in each other and overlap. The different Forms of blueness all fit under the overarching category of "blue".
I agree, didn't think of them being hierarchical. But how does it work if the same shade fits both under the category of blue and green?

I agree, I meant more specifically higher consciousness, like that of humans, which includes self-awareness.
Okay, so this also would be a combined form. Not sure whether I like that concept.

That's what the evidence we have seems to suggest - a "revolution" or "great leap". I am curious to know why you think life-fields explain this better though? The way I understand, life-fields are basically the same in nature to matter, but simply the field precedes the matter itself. So instead of, say, Set influencing our literal brains he would influence the L-Fields. I'm not sure if this change could spontaneously happen in the L-Field on its own?
Why not? As I understand L-Fields, if there is one mutation, they can cause the spread of that mutation in ways that other theories of genetic evolution can't explain. I would prefer that explanation as it doesn't rely on a singularity.

I would say our ontology does seem to have changed, we are ontologically different from things without higher consciousness. By nature I more mean the material, deterministic, objective universe aspect of Reality. What you call "nature" I would call "reality" in this case, with the mindless material/natural and the mindful immaterial/unnatural existing as parts of reality.
I don't believe that reality is objective but that it's inter-subjective, and I believe that also higher consciousness is deterministic, so there doesn't seem that much of a difference.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:21:35 am by Liu »

Xepera maSet

Re: Discussing Beliefs
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 01:28:26 pm »
But how does it work if the same shade fits both under the category of blue and green?

Overlap within the Form of Color I'd say, like a Venn diagram.

Why not? As I understand L-Fields, if there is one mutation, they can cause the spread of that mutation in ways that other theories of genetic evolution can't explain. I would prefer that explanation as it doesn't rely on a singularity.

I'm actually not sure, I need to think about this.

AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"The Degradation of the Great Bear, Draco, and other types of eternity,
 proved to be the creation of Hell."
- Kenneth Grant