Author Topic: Michael Aquino and AMORC  (Read 138 times)

Mike

Michael Aquino and AMORC
« on: September 12, 2017, 02:48:51 pm »
I have no idea if I'm posting in the right place, but...
Does anyone have the vaguest idea why Michael Aquino is/was recently involved with AMORC (p13 of his CV: http://www.rachane.org/docs/AquinoVitae.pdf)? It is several miles beyond bewildering (my jaw is currently resting on the axminster) so I would genuinely appreciate ANY illumination...

crossfire

Re: Michael Aquino and AMORC
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 03:09:03 pm »
Does anyone have the vaguest idea why Michael Aquino is/was recently involved with AMORC (p13 of his CV: http://www.rachane.org/docs/AquinoVitae.pdf)? It is several miles beyond bewildering (my jaw is currently resting on the axminster) so I would genuinely appreciate ANY illumination...

Bad link when you click on it.  Try this one:
http://www.rachane.org/docs/AquinoVitae.pdf
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."
~Carl Jung

Setamontet

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 10:05:27 am »

It's not a concern of mine or a mystery to me, but if it is so "bewildering" to you perhaps you should ask Dr. Aquino yourself?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:39:49 am by Setamontet »

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

pi_ramesses

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 12:24:03 pm »
One of the rays of the spectrum in the Order of the Trapezoid - in which he was the second Grandmaster - is Magica Germanica. Magica Germanica entails the German lodge traditions so that includes the Bavarian Illuminati and the Rosicrucians.

There is still more that Dr, Aquino would like to experience I'm sure. But he definitely could supply a more satisfactory or adequate answer.
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic atur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Xepera maSet

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 01:25:10 pm »
I've been meaning to invite Dr. Aquino here, it has to be better for him than 600c haha. I'll contact him when I'm off, maybe he'll at least address this question.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Setamontet

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 01:25:41 pm »
One of the rays of the spectrum in the Order of the Trapezoid - in which he was the second Grandmaster - is Magica Germanica. Magica Germanica entails the German lodge traditions so that includes the Bavarian Illuminati and the Rosicrucians.

There is still more that Dr, Aquino would like to experience I'm sure. But he definitely could supply a more satisfactory or adequate answer.

Dr. Aquino is his own being and does not owe anyone any kind of explanation, and is not obligated to provide any further answers to anybody or any questions than he already has over so many years and decades.  But you folks do what you want, I am not one to stifle you or your interests.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:05:48 pm by Setamontet »

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,

pi_ramesses

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 02:09:09 pm »

Dr. Aquino is his own being and does not owe anyone any kind of explanation, and is not obligated to provide any further answers to anybody or any questions than he already has over so many years and decades.  But you folks do what you want, I am not one to stifle you or your interests.  However, I may very well stand in contradiction to your own mind and will.

Certainly @Setamontet . What I meant was that he could supply an answer to the inquisitor better than that of an observer such as myself. But it does not mean that he is obliged to do so.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:03:03 pm by pi_ramesses »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic atur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Xepera maSet

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 05:14:41 pm »
I certainly don't think Dr. Aquino "owes us" an explanation, I'd just be curious to know the thought behind joining.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Sutekh

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 08:39:31 pm »
I've been meaning to invite Dr. Aquino here, it has to be better for him than 600c haha. I'll contact him when I'm off, maybe he'll at least address this question.

I actually had the same idea in mind on having him in the forums. I was originally thinking on talking about my idea to you and the other founders,  if it would be awesome to have him on board. :)

"Absolute power corrupts man, absolute power corrupts mans soul, his soul then rots away. He and his soul must be cleansed." - Sutekh

Mike

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 08:11:08 am »
I seem to have inadvertently generated rather more heat than light!

"It's not a concern of mine or a mystery to me, but if it is so "bewildering" to you perhaps you should ask Dr. Aquino yourself?"

Setamontet - not sure you intended that to be quite as disapproving as it sounds, however, given the significance of Michael Aquino, my query seemed both legitimate and reasonable to me on a forum rich in Setians. I can appreciate your lack of concern, but this is a High Priest of Set, founder of ToS, associating himself with, well, AMORC.  My query arose from information Michael Aquino posted [crossfire thanks for fixing the link] himself, not from trawling through his bins and I promise you I don’t own a telephoto lens.  [I did try to look on Michael Aquino's Google+ Profile page but sadly the link doesn't seem to work and I can find no recent reliable comment regarding the matter]. I received a very kind letter from Michael Aquino in the late 80’s (difficult time for a lot of folk) but I in no sense know him personally or as a correspondent, unlike some of the folk here, so I wouldn’t just fire off a single issue inquisitorial email!

“Dr. Aquino is his own being and does not owe anyone any kind of explanation, and is not obligated to provide any further answers to anybody or any questions than he already has over so many years and decades.”

Well yes obviously, but AMORC seems such an unusual (and yes "bewildering") esoteric school choice as to provoke my curiosity and query! I rather expected someone here would offer me a link or offer me an informed opinion (thank you pi_ramasses). I mean we value a a questioning intellect don't we?

Setamontet

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 09:27:08 am »
Wanted to post this yesterday but my internet was down.  On looking at my posts again on this thread, they do seem to be a bit hostile, this is regrettable, I do apologize.  The questioning intellect is most valued on this forum and the O.S.  ;)

Mike

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 10:35:55 am »
Setamontet - I appreciate that. Thank you [I'd add an appropriate emoji but they are entirely mysterious to me!].