Author Topic: Jim Carrey at fashion week  (Read 154 times)

Xepera maSet

Jim Carrey at fashion week
« on: September 11, 2017, 09:23:16 pm »
At lot of people are laughing at him, and I laughed the first time. But my goodness, I find this ramble absolutely amazing. It's crazy to see such a famous person giving into such mysticism/nihilism, and in such a public way. He even states that he himself doesn't matter. Now I don't necessarily totally agree with his self hating nihilism, but it's hard to deny that this is actually rather inspired.

Also, what kind of horrible person asks a man who's girlfriend just killed herself if he's trolling for dates?

AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Setamontet

Re: Jim Carrey at fashion week
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 09:59:43 pm »
I don't like saying this, but Jim Carrey may need to be on suicide watch.  Remember Robin Williams, David Carridine?

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

pi_ramesses

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 11:14:04 pm »
He wants us to stare into the Abyss with him. I'm elated just by hearing this. It sounds like he is separating himself from the objective universe or is it posturing for a new role? And lastly, certain precautions need to be set in place for this experiment that he's running on himself.
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Xepera maSet

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 11:14:13 pm »
Oh definitely. I don't think most celebrities get hit with a dark night of the soul like that. Not to mention his fiance committing suicide and him being blamed for it. I really feel for him, I can emphasize a lot with that nihilistic feeling as your assumptions are torn down and you see the world for the complex and dark place it is.

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

pi_ramesses

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 11:21:21 pm »
I don't like saying this, but Jim Carrey may need to be on suicide watch.  Remember Robin Williams, David Carridine?

Robin Williams had so many awful signs of his demise in his natal charts. I don't know what Jim Carrey's chart looks like nor do I know of any interpretations. One interpretation of Robin Williams' chart is as follows:
Nylfmedli14

Xepera maSet

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 11:36:47 pm »
Hmm, my own charts to what I've seen have been pretty inaccurate.

Xepera maSet

pi_ramesses

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 08:20:39 am »
Hmm, my own charts to what I've seen have been pretty inaccurate.

My qualms towards astrology is that the interpretation could be based on any number of divisions of houses. I don't know how the houses came about.
Nylfmedli14

Xepera maSet

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 09:05:52 pm »
On one hand, Carrey is onto something rather profound, especially for someone who has spent so much time as a celebrity. He's really getting into the meat and bones of idealism. However, as I know he's depressed I find his behavior concerning. I mean, when someone with severe depression is calm in the face of nihilism and death, it's usually a bigger warning sign than someone bawling their eyes out threatening suicide.