Author Topic: Do you like Halloween?  (Read 1308 times)

Deidre

Do you like Halloween?
« on: September 12, 2017, 12:10:37 am »
This is like my favorite time of year. Halloween is such a favorite time for me...ghouls, ghost stories, scary movies, and fun with costumes. Halloween has some interesting roots, and some of it pagan, some religious. What are your views on Halloween? Do you ''celebrate'' it in any way?
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

Xepera maSet

Re: Do you like Halloween?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 12:46:02 am »
I love Halloween, though a few years before I moved out I got sick of it. My family likes like singing toys and fun garbage. I'm sorry but Halloween isn't supposed to be cute. I always notice a change around Halloween, you smell it in the air, and for me it tends to bring an uptake in spiritual activity. I'm always most active, happy, and involved with the occult from about Halloween - Solstice, then peter out as summer approaches.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

The stars don't tell the future, Donkey.
They tell stories.
- Shrek

pi_rameses

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 01:37:20 am »
Absolutely. I read Faust a lot and wonder why no one has tackled a cinematic adaptation of Part 2 of the novel. Perhaps it's too fantastic. And then of course, there's Walpurgis night. There is a pagan service around my location where the group will perform the rite of Saturnalia in a park. I really want to check that out.
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Setamontet

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 01:51:53 pm »
Autumn and especially the month of October leading up to Halloween has always been my favorite time of year, ever since I was a kid.  The smells, the essence, the changing of colors, seem to stir something awesome within me that no other time of year does.

"O learn the Law, my brothers of the night - the Great Law and the Lesser Law.
The Great Law brings the balance and doth persist without mercy.
The Lesser Law abideth as the key, and the Shining Trapezoid is the door!"  Anton LaVey

Deidre

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 09:37:04 pm »
Autumn and especially the month of October leading up to Halloween has always been my favorite time of year, ever since I was a kid.  The smells, the essence, the changing of colors, seem to stir something awesome within me that no other time of year does.
That is so weird you put it like this, because I feel the same. There is something about autumn in general, that motivates me, unlike summer. Spring I feel is boring and stagnant, even though it is supposed to be a rebirth of sorts. I just feel blah during the spring. Autumn and winter are my faves.

Deidre

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 09:43:06 pm »
I love Halloween, though a few years before I moved out I got sick of it. My family likes like singing toys and fun garbage. I'm sorry but Halloween isn't supposed to be cute. I always notice a change around Halloween, you smell it in the air, and for me it tends to bring an uptake in spiritual activity. I'm always most active, happy, and involved with the occult from about Halloween - Solstice, then peter out as summer approaches.

I feel the same way, just posted that to Setamontet. I feel like there is an energy that is fiercer for lack of a better word, during autumn for me than during other times of the year. I wonder why that is ...if there is some science to it, or spiritual energy forces at work.

Deidre

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 09:47:14 pm »
Absolutely. I read Faust a lot and wonder why no one has tackled a cinematic adaptation of Part 2 of the novel. Perhaps it's too fantastic. And then of course, there's Walpurgis night. There is a pagan service around my location where the group will perform the rite of Saturnalia in a park. I really want to check that out.

First, I LOOOOVE your signature.

I would like to read Faust, sounds interesting!

pi_rameses

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 10:18:58 pm »

Thanks, Deidre. And your avatars are captivating as well. Turns out you can attach gifs using (img)(/img) in BBCode. I had a ball playing around with color, (b)bold(/b) and (s)strikethrough(/s). Swap parenthesis for square brackets.

Faust is awesome.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:22:49 pm by pi_ramesses »
Nylfmedli14

Deidre

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 11:13:04 pm »

Thanks, Deidre. And your avatars are captivating as well. Turns out you can attach gifs using (img)(/img) in BBCode. I had a ball playing around with color, (b)bold(/b) and (s)strikethrough(/s). Swap parenthesis for square brackets.

Faust is awesome.

I'll have to find Faust!

You have a nice spirit, I sense it.

pi_rameses

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 11:46:14 pm »

You have a nice spirit, I sense it.

Shhhh... Don't let that get out lol.
Nylfmedli14

Sutekh

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 02:36:51 am »
What are your views on Halloween? Do you ''celebrate'' it in any way?

Iv'e found Halloween to be my favorite Satanic holiday where one becomes the beast at night  by indulging and exploring ones inner self.

Originally Halloween was looked down upon at my Fundamentalist Christian school.

They regarded it as the celebration of the Devil, however I chose to rejoice in that celebration as a little child in honor to the Dark Lord.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Deidre

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 12:31:32 pm »
What are your views on Halloween? Do you ''celebrate'' it in any way?

Iv'e found Halloween to be my favorite Satanic holiday where one becomes the beast at night  by indulging and exploring ones inner self.

Originally Halloween was looked down upon at my Fundamentalist Christian school.

They regarded it as the celebration of the Devil, however I chose to rejoice in that celebration as a little child in honor to the Dark Lord.

It's funny you say this, because I know many Christians who ''ignore'' the day because it represents evil. The thing about the LHP is that it doesn't represent evil, it represents a path to self, a path to discovering and exploring who we are and that may include darkness. We shouldn't ignore the dark parts of ourselves, and sometimes, those dark parts need changing. But Christians are afraid of darkness ...they're afraid of those parts...and that's why they stay lost, because they never face their dark sides. I think if anyone wants to follow any religion at all that's fine, but just being able to know yourself isn't evil.

NEMO 93

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 12:31:11 am »
Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays since a kid. I love everything about it. The fall, decorations, costumes, the traditions and their roots such as jack-o-lanterns, horror movies, the theatrical haunted houses. I always go all out for it in some way.

Having just go into the occult a few years ago, I haven't really been able to mix it with my pratice in any significant way other than dabbling in in some shadow work last year. This is the time I often began to start celebrating for Fall and Halloween due to my fanatacism but I have lost track of time due to college. However, my recent occult research has taken me to a darker side of things and it may be beneficial to consider the timing.
"“I ate civilization. It poisoned me; I was defiled. And then," he added in a lower tone, "I ate my own wickedness.” -Aldous Huxley

NEMO 93

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 09:11:36 pm »
@pi_ramesses

Punchdrunk did what sound and looked like an AMAZING adaption of Faust into interactive theater that I had always wish I could have seen. It ran for 6 months in London but the director said his favorite was the night that only 3 people showed up. They want as far to launch fireworks over the water so that the feild would light up to reveal creatures that had been stalking them hiding in the woods.
"“I ate civilization. It poisoned me; I was defiled. And then," he added in a lower tone, "I ate my own wickedness.” -Aldous Huxley

crossfire

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 01:15:20 am »
I found this really neat (and high quality) large round tray in with a skull on it with the Halloween stuff at Michael's. I can't seem to post a picture of it, though.  I posted it in the Gallery.
http://orderoftheserpent.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=34

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:23:27 am by crossfire »
"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."
~Carl Jung