Author Topic: Magical Systems  (Read 207 times)

Onyx

Magical Systems
« on: September 10, 2017, 07:17:17 pm »
What methods have proven to be beneficial to you? Either tried-and-true, or those of your personal creation?

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:25:21 pm by Onyx »

pi_ramesses

Re: Magical Systems
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 07:59:15 pm »
Thinking back on the hierarchy by @Setamorphosis reminded me of the steps of ascent in Babylonian and Sumerian culture. I am bringing it up in this thread though because it doubles down as a magical system. And it has correspondences with the Sephiroth. The diamond format using the cardinal directions and with me in the center is one that I almost always use. While I may change the name of the entities, I nevertheless consider them as aspects of my Self. Aside from this, I normally work through my writings and sigils.

The link of the video to make any of this intelligible is below:

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 08:07:51 pm by pi_ramesses »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Sutekh

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 10:09:26 pm »
@Onyx  My own Magical System is quite simple  than all the other complicated systems of magick in which many practitioners put to practice. My own system is based on visualization, simple trappings, improvisation, and creativity. It has been a while for me doing rituals and workings in general.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

pi_ramesses

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 01:42:11 pm »
I find simple systems to be beneficial to me also. I can't speak enough on this especially when it comes to something as simple as the burning method or staring into a mirror at myself.
Nylfmedli14

Setamontet

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 02:40:30 pm »
What methods have proven to be beneficial to you? Either tried-and-true, or those of your personal creation?

It has always been my own methods combined with the philosophy, teachings, and initiatory systems of the Temple of Set that has proven to be the most powerful to me.  When I first invoked the name of Set began the most effective and beneficial of all my Greater Black Magical Workings.  And later when I Initiated my Self within the ToS, I truly began to experience and understand the realms of the Black Arts, and the Powers of Darkness.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:13:03 am by Setamontet »

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

pi_ramesses

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 02:57:14 pm »

It has always been my own methods combined with the philosophy and initiatory systems of the Temple of Set that has proven to be the most powerful to me.  When I first invoked the name of Set began the most effective and beneficial of all my Greater Black Magical Workings.  And later when I Initiated my Self within the ToS, I truly began to experience and understand the realms of the Black Arts, and the Powers of Darkness.

This is something that I would like to experience more -- GBM   
Nylfmedli14

Onyx

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 09:30:05 am »
This is something that I would like to experience more -- GBM

There are few experiences in life like doing a ritual for yourself, by yourself - and doing it your own way.

From Michael Aquino's Black Magic:
And the final, inevitable words of caution: If you look for something long enough, you will find it. If you want something hard enough, you will get it. Accordingly you had better take the time to think the whole business through beforehand and be reasonably sure that you do in fact want to find or get “it”. Because in Black Magic there is no turning back.

Which brings to mind some words from the late Bruce DePalma:
If you can imagine it, it's imaginable - if it's imaginable, it must be real.

The Force of Will is a powerful one, something many people are fearful of and therefore try to suppress. Tread lightly and take things slow as you gain understanding from the results of your experiments.

Setamontet

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 09:33:13 am »
Upon further review of the past and present, the Magical systems and formulae that have attracted me the most and work best for me are Setian Magic, certain aspects of Satanism and Thelema, Hermeticism, metaphysics of the Lovecraftian mythos, Trapezoidal Magic, Chaos Magic, Runeology, Sigil Magic,...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:40:26 am by Setamontet »

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,

Setamontet

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 09:58:49 am »
Upon further review of the past and present, the Magical systems and formulae that have attracted me the most and work best for me are Setian Magic, certain aspects of Satanism and Thelema, Hermeticism, metaphysics of the Lovecraftian mythos, Trapezoidal Magic, Chaos Magic, Runeology, Sigil Magic,...

Future: just as the Temple of Set and other esoteric schools have become Magical systems in there own right, so too is the Order of the Serpent becoming a fledgling Magical system of its own, with unknown potential.  Just one man's opinion.

xx
Magical Links

Started by Setamontet on General LHP Discussion

4 Replies
Last post June 13, 2017, 10:23:36 am
by Setamontet