Author Topic: I'd appreciate your thoughts on this particular topic: Acasual Existence/Realm  (Read 233 times)

Setamorphosis

I'm sure most of you are familiar with ONA's concept of acasual existence, acasual realm, and acasual beings. From what I've read, they don't explain much about it; how they came to that belief, the evidence behind it, nothing. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but they seem to brush it off as an axiom.

So, what are your thoughts on this? Is there a reason to believe in it, etc?

Disclaimer: I do not support ONA in any way, I just found this particular belief of theirs interesting.
a.k.a. Ave Lucifugus

Setamorphosis

Not sure if this is allowed, but bump.
a.k.a. Ave Lucifugus

Onyx

The concept of an "acausal" realm was always based on axioms, but I don't think it was intended to be treated as absolute fact - rather an attempt to understand the metaphysical nature of human existence. Michael Aquino did a better job of that IMO, and supports his metaphysical views with as much information as possible so we can come to our own conclusions rather than relying on pie-in-the-sky theories.

Setamorphosis

I see. You know, I really wish I could get my hands on Mind Star, so that I can get a proper detailed picture of Michael Aquino's views on the metaphysical.

a.k.a. Ave Lucifugus

pi_ramesses

I see. You know, I really wish I could get my hands on Mind Star, so that I can get a proper detailed picture of Michael Aquino's views on the metaphysical.

Just curious @Setamorphosis . What's stopping you from doing so?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:29:05 pm by pi_ramesses »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Setamorphosis

@pi_ramesses , location primarily. I can't find the book where I live, and I don't want to shop online. It will cost me a lot, because I'm from Eastern Europe.
a.k.a. Ave Lucifugus

pi_ramesses

Ok. Got it. I was going to mention the Kindle edition but I suppose that might not be an option either.
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Sutekh

Michael Aquino did a better job of that IMO, and supports his metaphysical views with as much information as possible so we can come to our own conclusions rather than relying on pie-in-the-sky theories.

Great observation Onyx, I was nearly about to say the same thing. I find Michael Aquinos concept within Setian Philosophy to be quite simple even though it is a bit complex than regular plain Satanism.

I never understood the ONA's Causal and Acausal, I am pretty sure that these concepts are similar to the OU and the SU in which you and I have corresponded on this before.
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Xepera maSet

The causal is basically the mundane world of matter in ONA ideology. Mindless, deterministic, impure. The acausal can be compared to chaos and anti-cosmic satanism, forces far beyond and different from every day Life. The acausal can be compared to the Lovecraftian deities imo.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Xepera maSet

"Such causal-time is the time of sciences such as physics and astronomy, with the
universe, for instance, considered to be an entity 'expanding' as such expansion
is measured by fixed linear points termed past, present, and future. Similarly,
space itself is construed as a causal, dimensional, space-time manifold [4]. Thus
and conventionally, to understand matter/energy is to 'know' (to observe or to
theorize) how causal entities – such as elementary particles, or physical objects
such as planets and stars – move and change and relate to each other (and
other matter/energy in terms of composition and interactions) in this posited
space-time manifold. There is thus a sense of physical order; a hierarchy of
sub-atomic » atomic » 'classical mechanics' » gravitational » cosmological, with
events occurring in the causal sequence past-present-future, and with
interactions described in terms of certain fundamental physical forces, be such
descriptions based on 'string theory', quantum theory [5], relativity theory,
classical mechanics, or some theory which attempts to unify current
descriptions of the aforementioned causal hierarchy."

"The acausal theory thus proposes that living beings possess what is termed
acausal energy – that it is this acausal energy which in some way animates, or
which presences in, a biological cell to make that cell behave in a different way
than when that cell is dead. That it is such acausal energy – emanating from, or
having its genesis in, a posited acausal continuum – which gives to ordinary
physical matter the attribute we term life, and which thus enables a living
organism (in contradistinction to ordinary matter) to, and for example,
reproduce itself, be sensitive to, or aware of, its environment, and move without
any external (Newtonian) force being applied to it."

PDF warning: http://www.o9a.org/acausal-theory/

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Setamorphosis

Thank you very much! Acausal theory seems a bit far fetched (especially the part where there's such a thing as acausal energy that animates things in the causal continuum). But, I'll have to look into this further.
a.k.a. Ave Lucifugus

King Mob

O9A seems to be a bunch of chaos magicians who went as dark as possible in my opinion. Having a friend who followed them, I think it's personally a dangerous ideology if you do cherish individualism and wish to hold onto that. It warped away all of his best qualities, not just the ones that culture would deem good but also the ones that allowed him to further his will as an individual, and he started to lose things he'd never want to lose. Also, they have a pretty poor understanding of Runes from my limited research into O9A and Runes are strong enough to be risky without a misunderstanding.

Their theory on acasual needing to be let into the world to seems very similar to Peter J Carroll's theory on Lovecraftian deities. In fact, I would say that his theory and approach to Lovecraft is seemingly the best one I have seen yet and could offer the most fruits in the practice while minimizing the risk. The minimized risk is still huge, of course, but it offers a lot of tempting fruits of power. Carrol speculates that if you appear as a strong enough person who can use the knowledge they give you, the Elder Gods will give you forbidden knowledge so that they can work their will on the earth. This differs from O9A because they seem to just want to let the Elder God-esque forces in for antinomian reasons but I could be wrong.   

Someone compared it to anticosmic statanism and as someone studying an anticosmic branch of the Left Hand Path now, I would agree that what I have heard of their mythology from your newsletter appears to have similarities to both anticosmic satanism and anticosmic gnosticism.

There are many different and better approaches to Left Hand Path Chaos Magic out there, in my opinion.
"A wolf  is  a  shadow  and  should  never  be  chained.  To  me,  Vánagandr  represents the  very  essence  of  chaos.  He  is  the  antithesis  of  law  and  order.  Without  chaos in  one's  life,  you  fall  into  stagnation  with  no  room  for  growth.  That  is  what  Vánagandr  represents."

Xepera maSet

[Admin bump]

xx
New to the realm

Started by merytseth on General LHP Discussion

5 Replies
Last post April 30, 2017, 08:32:02 am
by Setamontet
xx
My thoughts on Fatalism

Started by Kapalika on General LHP Discussion

2 Replies
Last post November 15, 2017, 01:05:44 pm
by Liu
xx
The Pitfall of Magicians - Some thoughts on Magic(k) and its practitioners.

Started by Setamorphosis on General LHP Discussion

10 Replies
Last post September 08, 2017, 11:03:39 am
by Setamontet
xx
Some insights from Lord Rossiere with my thoughts on Demonalotry.

Started by King Mob on General LHP Discussion

1 Replies
Last post November 18, 2017, 01:55:47 pm
by King Mob