Author Topic: I am a Setian [Revelation & Details inside]  (Read 215 times)

Setamorphosis

I am a Setian [Revelation & Details inside]
« on: September 04, 2017, 05:58:21 am »
As some of you know, yesterday I made a symbol which I refer to as "The Sigil of Set." It's not the first, nor the last sigil of Set, not by any means. However, it is special to me, as I got the idea and made the symbol myself. It has meaning, and thus power to me. The purpose behind making this sigil was not purely out of aesthetics - although that's one of the reasons. The primary reason was:

I wanted to meet Set.

I wanted to know Set.

I had a fascination with Set for quite a while, and if my magickal practices had taught me anything, it's that whenever you feel drawn to a particular entity, you should investigate. Research. Evoke. And I did.

Last night I performed an evocation, and what I've learned is staggering to me. Unlike most entities I worked with, Set seems to speak in many different ways at the same time - via thoughts, mental images, memories, ideas, etc. It was almost overwhelming, but beautiful, nonetheless.

What I've learned is that Set is so much more than the figure of legends, or a mere Platonic Form, although he is these things as well. Set is THE Prince of Darkness himself. He is an isolate consciousness, the embodiment of spiritual progress, of isolation, of going against the grain, a Promethean figure who bestowed the Black Flame upon man. He is (a) Satan; He is (a) Lucifer.

Set is easily the bearer of these titles, and so many more.

I've also learned that, in a way, Set has been a part of my life for a very long time, and I didn't know it. You see, I was born with a particular birthmark which is too specific, as well as the fact that I'm always evolving. I'm a fast learner, I grow as a person very rapidly - much to surprise to my peers and family - which often results in me isolating myself from them, involuntarily even. I'm a lone wolf type of person, and I prefer being alone for the most part. I do socialize, but I spend most of my time alone because I can think clearly and do activities that interest me. I've always been fascinated by magick, spiritual growth, and self-development - all of which I practice every day, even if I don't intend to do it sometimes.

What I'm trying to say is, I've been nurturing this Gift of Set, and I am grateful for it, even though I had no idea what it was.

Now, with all this being said, I think it's worth noting that I will not worship Set, as I don't worship anyone. Not to mention that, to me, Set seems like the type of being that wouldn't want to be worshiped. Instead, he'd much prefer to see us think for ourselves, grow, and walk our own paths.

To me, Set is a mentor, a (spiritual) father figure, I suppose. And there's so much to learn from him.

Also, and this bears mentioning as well, I'm a polytheist, but again, I don't worship anyone (not even myself, because I think that's just silly). However, my "pantheon" consists of entities I want to learn from, think of it as hiring many teachers at the same time. And these entities are:

Astaroth

Belial

Lucifuge Rofocale

Set

The Infernal Hierarchy I posted here is an idea I revamped; I narrowed it down, because I realized that these 4 figures are interpretations of multiple Platonic Forms at the same time, so it's really unnecessary to say, for example, that Lucifuge is the Form of Knowledge, and someone else represents the Form of Balance, when Lucifuge represents both.

So, while I do acknowledge myself as a Setian now, I won't limit myself by the label. Because I identify with many other labels. And thus it's unproductive to go around saying, "My name is 'Lucifugus,' and I am a [insert one label]."

That said, I just wanted to let you all know that I've discovered another label for myself.

Anyway, that's enough of my rambling. Thank you for reading this lengthy post.

Edit: Formatting
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 06:28:26 am by Ave Lucifugus »
a.k.a. Ave Lucifugus

Xepera maSet

Re: I am a Setian [Revelation & Details inside]
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 10:53:14 am »
The consistent nature of interactions with Set is always fascinating up me.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Setamorphosis

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 12:57:13 pm »
Same here! Having an experience like this is always amazing, but hearing that others had a same/similar experience makes everything even better.
a.k.a. Ave Lucifugus

Setamontet

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 09:05:54 am »
Last night I performed an evocation, and what I've learned is staggering to me. Unlike most entities I worked with, Set seems to speak in many different ways at the same time - via thoughts, mental images, memories, ideas, etc. It was almost overwhelming, but beautiful, nonetheless.

This is very similar to what I experienced when I first invoked the Name of Set, so many years ago.  The presence was so powerful it changed me and my life for ever.  = )

Set does come to those who seek him, and indeed he does think of those who think of him.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 09:07:33 am by Setamontet »

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

Setamorphosis

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 12:04:34 am »
Yeah, I too believe that when you think of Set, he thinks of you. Communication with Set isn't that difficult from what I've learned. He doesn't care about sigils, rituals, or anything of that nature. One only need look inwards and outwards (if that makes sense).

Ah, I'm really glad to hear that others had a same/similar experience!
a.k.a. Ave Lucifugus

xx
Not a Setian?

Started by Xepera maSet on General LHP Discussion

8 Replies
Last post June 15, 2017, 09:08:54 pm
by Kapalika
xx
Setian Esotericism

Started by Setamontet on General LHP Discussion

9 Replies
Last post September 17, 2017, 01:55:55 am