Author Topic: Nine States of Consciousness  (Read 445 times)

Setamontet

Nine States of Consciousness
« on: August 27, 2017, 10:15:13 am »
Some P.D. Ouspensky inspired definitions: the Nine States of Consciousness, also based symbolically on the Enneagram, and the Seal of the Nine Angles.  Something I've revisited which I posted on another forum some 8 years ago.  These are only formative thoughts and ideas.

The first three states of consciousness are basically on the same level:

First state - instinctive consciousness= one in whom the moving or instinctive centers predominate over the intellectual and emotional, that is, Physical man.

Second state - emotional consciousness= one in whom the emotional center predominates over the intellectual, moving, and instinctive. Emotional man.

Third state - intellectual consciousness= one in whom the intellectual center predominates over the emotional, moving, and instictive. Intellectual man.
We are all born either no. 1, no. 2, or no 3. One can only reach higher states of conscious existence through self-directed self-evolution i.e. Xeper.

Fourth state - relative consciousness. This state is the product of Initiation and Xeper. Man no. 4 differs from man no. 1, no. 2, and no. 3 by his knowledge of him Self, by his understanding of his position, and, as it is expressed technically, by having acquired a permanent center of gravity. The idea of acquiring the permanent "I", and Will - that is, the idea of his self-directed Evolution has already become for him of paramount importance.
Also, according to Ouspensky man no. 4, his functions and centers are more balanced, in a way in which they could not be without Work on his Self.

Fifth state - self-consciousness= one who is different from ordinary man, because in him, one of the higher centers already works, and he has many functions and powers that an ordinary man - that is, man no. 1, 2, and 3 does not possess.

Sixth state - objective consciousness= one in whom another higher center works. He possesses many more new faculties and powers, beyond the understanding of an ordinary man.

Seventh state - "immortal consciousness", or man no. 7 is a man who has attained all that a man can attain within the limits of known existence. "He has a permanent "I" and Free Will. He can control all the states of consciousness in himself and he already cannot lose anything he has acquired."  He is immortal within the limits of time and space.

I cannot define states 8 and 9 at this time, for in order to truly Understand them one would have to attain them. I would think that the ability to attain them is possible, but they are States of Higher Consciousness which transcend time and space and the totality of known existence. However, I call the 8th State "Cosmic Consciousness" and the 9th State "Absolute Consciousness"= the Self made perfect and complete, the Aristotlean Entelecheia.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:08:33 am by Setamontet »

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

Deidre

Re: Nine States of Consciousness
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 05:30:19 pm »
I was totally unaware that there are nine states of consciousness, how interesting!
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

Setamontet

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 11:17:30 am »
I was totally unaware that there are nine states of consciousness, how interesting!

The Nine States of Consciousness is pure theory and speculation, (eclectic remanifestation), derived from some of the teachings of P.D. Ouspensky and G.I. Gurdjieff, which I have found to be quite fascinating.  I would suggest a good reading of Ouspensky's book "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution".

It's sort of the Westernization of certain Eastern esotericism.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:25:24 am by Setamontet »

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,

Setamontet

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 11:56:16 am »
I cannot define states 8 and 9 at this time, for in order to truly Understand them one would have to attain them. I would think that the ability to attain them is possible, but they are States of Higher Consciousness which transcend time and space and the totality of known existence. However, I call the 8th State "Cosmic Consciousness" and the 9th State "Absolute Consciousness"= the Self made perfect and complete, the Aristotlean Entelecheia.

Perhaps the 8th State "Cosmic Consciousness" is the realm of he who has attained Understanding and Mastery of the macrocosmos and the microcosmos, the objective and subjective universes, and how they relate with one another on all levels.  What in some LHP Initiatory schools is the Degree of Magister Templi.

Setamorphosis

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 01:55:45 pm »
Interesting...I'm not really familiar with this concept. Do you have any further reading material on this topic that you can recommend me?
"Darkness is just light turned inside out."
  --Beelzebub

Setamontet

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 04:26:42 pm »
Interesting...I'm not really familiar with this concept. Do you have any further reading material on this topic that you can recommend me?

Hey my friend, perhaps contemplate P.D. Ouspensky's book "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution".  Another good read is "The Gurdjieff Work" by Kathleen Riordan Speeth.

pi_ramesses

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 08:22:19 am »
I can attest that thinking on Gurdjieff and the Fourth Work was the primary impetus for me undertaking this journey at a time that I was not aware of magic. I definitely caught the Gurdjieff bug  :D
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Setamontet

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 10:50:38 am »
Updated with conjecture on the 7th, 8th, and 9th States.

First state - instinctive consciousness= one in whom the moving or instinctive centers predominate over the intellectual and emotional, that is, Physical man.

Second state - emotional consciousness= one in whom the emotional center predominates over the intellectual, moving, and instinctive. Emotional man.

Third state - intellectual consciousness= one in whom the intellectual center predominates over the emotional, moving, and instictive. Intellectual man.
We are all born either no. 1, no. 2, or no 3. One can only reach higher states of conscious existence through self-directed self-evolution i.e. Xeper.

Fourth state - relative consciousness= the product of Initiation and Xeper. Man no. 4 differs from man no. 1, no. 2, and no. 3 by his knowledge of him Self, by his understanding of his position, and, as it is expressed technically, by having acquired a permanent center of gravity. The idea of acquiring the permanent "I", and Will - that is, the idea of his self-directed Evolution has already become for him of paramount importance.
Also, according to Ouspensky man no. 4, his functions and centers are more balanced, in a way in which they could not be without Work on his Self.

Fifth state - self-consciousness= one who is different from ordinary man, because in him, one of the higher centers already works, and he has many functions and powers that an ordinary man - that is, man no. 1, 2, and 3 does not possess.

Sixth state - objective consciousness= one in whom another higher center works. He possesses many more new faculties and powers, beyond the understanding of an ordinary man.

Seventh state - "immortal consciousness"= a man who has attained all that a man can attain within the limits of known existence. "He has a permanent "I" and Free Will. He can control all the states of consciousness in himself and he already cannot lose anything he has acquired."  He is immortal within the limits of time and space.

Eighth State - "Cosmic Consciousness"= the realm of he who has attained Understanding and Mastery of the macrocosmos and the microcosmos, the objective and subjective universes, and how they relate with one another on all levels.

Ninth State - "Absolute Consciousness"= the immortal Self made perfect and complete, the Aristotlean Entelecheia.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:17:41 am by Setamontet »

Setamontet

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 11:35:26 am »
The Aristotlean Entelecheia.

Entelecheia
Noun.
The realization of potential.  Completion.

Entelechy - Greek word for soul.

The vital principle that guides the evolution and functioning of an organism or other systems or organizations.

"I seek to be Set-like."  Entelecheia = "I am become Set-like".

Xeper and Remanifestation is the process which leads to Entelecheia.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 11:40:10 am by Setamontet »

Xepera maSet

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 08:10:55 pm »
Updated with conjecture on the 7th, 8th, and 9th States.

Fourth state - relative consciousness= the product of Initiation and Xeper. Man no. 4 differs from man no. 1, no. 2, and no. 3 by his knowledge of him Self, by his understanding of his position, and, as it is expressed technically, by having acquired a permanent center of gravity. The idea of acquiring the permanent "I", and Will - that is, the idea of his self-directed Evolution has already become for him of paramount importance.

Seventh state - "immortal consciousness"= a man who has attained all that a man can attain within the limits of known existence. "He has a permanent "I" and Free Will. He can control all the states of consciousness in himself and he already cannot lose anything he has acquired."  He is immortal within the limits of time and space.

Eighth State - "Cosmic Consciousness"= the realm of he who has attained Understanding and Mastery of the macrocosmos and the microcosmos, the objective and subjective universes, and how they relate with one another on all levels.

Ninth State - "Absolute Consciousness"= the immortal Self made perfect and complete, the Aristotlean Entelecheia.

Do these map to the Egyptian parts of the soul? I am pretty sure there are nine parts of it as well.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Setamontet

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 10:34:56 am »
Honestly it hadn't occurred to me.  My essay was based upon my research of P.D. Ouspensky's theories and others.  But you do bring up an interesting perspective, I will have to investigate further.

xx
Consciousness, The Prince of Darkness

Started by Sutekh on General LHP Discussion

0 Replies
Last post September 26, 2017, 09:12:53 pm
by Sutekh
xx
Kek, Consciousness, Meme Magic, and connection to Set

Started by Setamorphosis on General LHP Discussion

23 Replies
Last post December 03, 2017, 05:51:54 pm