Author Topic: The Infernal Hierarchy  (Read 149 times)

Setamorphosis

The Infernal Hierarchy
« on: August 26, 2017, 08:45:10 am »
Hello. I've written what I like to call The Infernal Hierarchy.  Whether you take it literally or metaphorically, it's entirely up to you. A word of warning, though. I have excluded the Form of Order, and the Form of Chaos, as I find these to be very impersonal. Now, obviously since this is called The Infernal Hierarchy, I used demonic interpretations (demonic names) of the Platonic Forms. Of course, they can be replaced with other interpretations. Also, the text you'll read is based on: lore, accounts, and other interpretations. Let me know if something needs fixing.

1)  On the Infernal Throne rests Lucifer, The Light Bringer.  The emerging consciousness from the primeval  darkness.  He represents the Platonic Form of Consciousness, the source of all individual consciousnesses.

At Lucifer’s side is his trusted advisor, Lucifuge Rofocale, The Prime Minister of Hell. He represents The Form of Knowledge, and in other interpretations, also the Form of Equilibrium.

Although it’s not well known, there’s a great amount of similarities and parallels between Lucifuge Rofocale, and Thoth.  In fact, just as Thoth allowed Ra to rule, Lucifuge, who is just as powerful if not more than Lucifer, let Lucifer rule Hell, and becomes his advisor, and of course, the scribe of Hell.

2)  Second to Lucifer in terms of rulership is none other than Belial, The Lord of Anarchy. Belial, whose name means either ‘worthless’ or ‘he without a master,’ could also be interpreted as a Form of Independence. However, as a character, he’s more than just ‘he without a master.’  Belial is a powerful, sometimes forceful, influential king, who commands many demons and familiars, can influence other people, the government, and of course, he is known for his teachings of self-mastery. Because of his role and characteristics, he more accurately represents the Form of Will, and/or Willpower.

3) Right below Belial on this hierarchy is his brother, and by no means less powerful, Azazel. He is known for teaching man how to make weapons, and build civilizations. He is a Promethean figure of Hell, and also a master of spiritual alchemy. He is the Form of Progress, The Form of Spiritual Evolution.

4) The Fourth Lord is Leviathan, The Great Serpent of the Sea.  He is sheer power and strength personified, and thus he represents the Form of Power.

5) The Fifth Lord is Purson, a great demonic king. He handles affairs both earthly and divine, and can help the summoner achieve or restore balance in his life. Thus, he represents the Form of Balance.

6)
The Sixth Lord is Asmodeus. He is a mighty king, who is known to be one of the deadliest demons among the clergy, and even has a controversial reputation among the sorcerers. He teaches mathematics, geometry, brings treasure, sexual partners (mainly women), and breaks up couples. Asmodeus represents the Form of Desire.

7) Along with being strong, independent, and wise, Lilith is also very beautiful, so much so that she can be considered beauty personified. Thus, she represents the Form of Beauty, although she could (also) represent the Form of Strength, Independence, and/or Wisdom.

8,) The Form of Love, in this hierarchy, is represented by Astaroth, The demoness of Love. Before her demonization, Astaroth was known as the goddess Astarte, who was the goddess of love.  Of course, there were many interpretations of the Form of Love throughout the history of mankind, just like with all the other forms.

9) The Ninth Lord is the very embodiment of aggression and destruction, Abaddon, The Destroyer. He represents the Form of Destruction, and/or Aggression. Originally, Abaddon was a place where destruction took place, but later it became a name for the angel of destruction. His Greek name is Apollyon, and it is said that he’s one of the most powerful demons of them all, in terms of raw strength.

10) The Tenth Lord is Amaymon, a demonic king who, among other things, can make people honorable, and worthy of respect. Despite the negative reputation, and the demonization he received, Amaymon teaches ethics, and he represents the Form of Ethics.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 09:59:19 am by Ave Lucifugus »
a.k.a. Ave Lucifugus

Setamontet

Re: The Infernal Hierarchy
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 09:28:30 am »
I do like this Lucifugus, an excellent example of one coming to his own understanding, and formulating his own Magical system.  Keep up the good work! = )

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

Setamorphosis

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 09:54:26 am »
Thank you very much for the kind words, as well as helping me sort The Platonic Forms in a proper order!
a.k.a. Ave Lucifugus

Xepera maSet

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 10:40:32 am »
This is very interesting, I need to look at it more closely when I'm not wasting time at work.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

xx
The Infernal Project

Started by Sutekh on General LHP Discussion

0 Replies
Last post May 26, 2017, 11:04:42 pm
by Sutekh