Author Topic: The Path of Change  (Read 143 times)

Deidre

The Path of Change
« on: August 25, 2017, 06:03:32 pm »
So, I've continued my exploration of the LHP, and while there are some things that are still mildly confusing to me, I'd say that I've been growing. I've been looking deep inside of myself as to why I worry about dumb things, or procrastinate so much. The answers that have come back are amazing, and sometimes unsettling. When we look into the depths of who we are, it can be scary because those are areas that we have left dormant for a while, because you know, you get up everyday, and live your life, and don't really get all that deep if you don't have to. But, I recommend having to. lol I've completed my very first book on Luciferianism and while it was short and not very deep, it helped me view the LHP and Satan, in a very refreshingly new way. I no longer see Satan as a grisly guy with horns and a cape ready to smite me. I see him more as a vessel for change, earthly change. I come from a monotheistic background, and as a former Christian, my views on Satan were shaped in childhood to see him as an adversary, and never a friend. But, he doesn't need to be either really, he can just ...be. Satan can just be there, as a mirror for me to look into, and see the areas that require change. Or require me to embrace. Not all negative qualities about ourselves need to be ''fixed'' and eradicated. We have to learn to embrace exactly who we are, before we can find enlightenment.

Just wanted to share this with you all. <3
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

Setamorphosis

Re: The Path of Change
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 08:33:51 am »
Thanks for sharing!

Looking inside yourself is always a good thing, even though it can be a bit scary at times. And I think you said a very important thing in your post. Satan can just...be. This can be applied on other things, too. Nature, for instance. It's not good or bad. It just IS. People have a tendency to categorize things, but sometimes it's best to leave certain things alone. Let them just...be.
a.k.a. Ave Lucifugus

Setamontet

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 10:12:29 am »
Satan can just be there, as a mirror for me to look into, and see the areas that require change. Or require me to embrace. Not all negative qualities about ourselves need to be ''fixed'' and eradicated. We have to learn to embrace exactly who we are, before we can find enlightenment.

Introspection is an essential tool for growth.  One way of exploring this further is the use of the black magic scrying mirror.  Picture frame glass is ideal, just spray paint one side of the glass flat black.  In a ritual setting, light two black candles either side of the black mirror and gaze upon your reflection, looking deep inside, reflecting upon yourself.  You have to actually do it to understand the results that can come of it.  ;)

Sample pic;

https://img1.etsystatic.com/113/0/11149493/il_570xN.1023824985_3tlm.jpg

« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 10:51:52 am by Setamontet »

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

Deidre

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 04:07:09 pm »
Thanks for sharing!

Looking inside yourself is always a good thing, even though it can be a bit scary at times. And I think you said a very important thing in your post. Satan can just...be. This can be applied on other things, too. Nature, for instance. It's not good or bad. It just IS. People have a tendency to categorize things, but sometimes it's best to leave certain things alone. Let them just...be.
Yessss, this is it exactly. I had a light go off inside of my mind this week about all of this. Satan represents many things, to different people. He is often represented as evil, but what is evil about KNOWING SELF? What is evil about that? I'm reading the Bible again, and I'm coming away feeling that Christians have misunderstood even the Bible to mean that Satan was this teller of lies. But, he really told the truth. And it isn't that the god of the Hebrews didn't want people to know the truth, but that he wanted to not have truth of self compete with truth of him. Ultimately, the Christian way is about finding self through God, not away from him. So, make of that as one wills, it's been a great thing to read it again, and come away with insights about Satan, not being such a bad guy after all. And bad might not be that bad, either.

Deidre

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 04:09:14 pm »
Satan can just be there, as a mirror for me to look into, and see the areas that require change. Or require me to embrace. Not all negative qualities about ourselves need to be ''fixed'' and eradicated. We have to learn to embrace exactly who we are, before we can find enlightenment.

Introspection is an essential tool for growth.  One way of exploring this further is the use of the black magic scrying mirror.  Picture frame glass is ideal, just spray paint one side of the glass flat black.  In a ritual setting, light two black candles either side of the black mirror and gaze upon your reflection, looking deep inside, reflecting upon yourself.  You have to actually do it to understand the results that can come of it.  ;)

Sample pic;

https://img1.etsystatic.com/113/0/11149493/il_570xN.1023824985_3tlm.jpg
That picture is pretty intense, for when you stare at it initially, you come away with the house in the background, but when you look again, there is much going on in that 'picture.' I want to try this now.  ;)

Kapalika

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 09:14:53 am »
Your top post of this topic kind of makes me think of Kali (long "a"... Kālī. Short "a" Kali something totally different), Deidre.

She, as an agent of change, and her earliest legends was as a slayer of demons. In a way, you are on that path of change by slaying your own personal demons (procrastination, fear ect). She has other domains though (time, maternal love, death, darkness ect) but those two I find are what are pertinent here (maybe time too since it's needed for change). She's an important figure within LHP Shaivism as well as of course the main deity of Shakta (which has some of the better known LHP Hindu sects.. but also in many forms of Hinduism RHP and LHP).

Also your point about a mirror... something in my early divination said Satan was the "vessel and mirror" and I find it pretty affirming to now and again see parts of this echoed once and a while even if rarely over the years... it's a phrase I've carried with me since the beginning of my journey.

There are a couple of other things you mentioned I'd love to talk about like "negative qualities" but maybe that's too heavy for me right now (I'm a bit tipsy forgive me lol celebrated something last night)...

Anyways it sounds like you have started to find a foothold on where you're gonna go as of late... I just wanted to offer those thoughts. Good luck and keep us updated on your journey!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 09:21:04 am by Kapalika »
My Music and Blog

My religion is Satanism & Trika via Vāmāchāra

Deidre

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 10:44:40 pm »
Your top post of this topic kind of makes me think of Kali (long "a"... Kālī. Short "a" Kali something totally different), Deidre.

She, as an agent of change, and her earliest legends was as a slayer of demons. In a way, you are on that path of change by slaying your own personal demons (procrastination, fear ect). She has other domains though (time, maternal love, death, darkness ect) but those two I find are what are pertinent here (maybe time too since it's needed for change). She's an important figure within LHP Shaivism as well as of course the main deity of Shakta (which has some of the better known LHP Hindu sects.. but also in many forms of Hinduism RHP and LHP).

Also your point about a mirror... something in my early divination said Satan was the "vessel and mirror" and I find it pretty affirming to now and again see parts of this echoed once and a while even if rarely over the years... it's a phrase I've carried with me since the beginning of my journey.

There are a couple of other things you mentioned I'd love to talk about like "negative qualities" but maybe that's too heavy for me right now (I'm a bit tipsy forgive me lol celebrated something last night)...

Anyways it sounds like you have started to find a foothold on where you're gonna go as of late... I just wanted to offer those thoughts. Good luck and keep us updated on your journey!

I have so much to ask you, I remember Kali being mentioned in a few threads on RF, and I never looked into it further. There is like a whole spiritual world that I never knew existed, because I was only immersed in one aspect of it for so long. I'm not that familiar Hindu beliefs, and it's curious to me that it involves the LHP. I will ask you more later in the week. ^_^

Kapalika

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 03:57:22 am »

I have so much to ask you, I remember Kali being mentioned in a few threads on RF, and I never looked into it further. There is like a whole spiritual world that I never knew existed, because I was only immersed in one aspect of it for so long. I'm not that familiar Hindu beliefs, and it's curious to me that it involves the LHP. I will ask you more later in the week. ^_^

It's more than involved... the term Left Hand Path comes directly from Vamachara which translates most directly to "Left Hand Attainment". The LHP has existed in Dharmic religions for thousands of years.

I feel like a lot of people, it was true for me and most I've come across anyway, don't really know about the LHP outside of their own contemporary context. That's my experience with Satanism anyway.
My Music and Blog

My religion is Satanism & Trika via Vāmāchāra

xx
How did you come upon the Left-Hand Path?

Started by Lord_Vats on General Discussion

13 Replies
Last post August 19, 2017, 08:18:32 pm
by Ningishzidda
xx
Left Hand Path Quotes

Started by Setamontet on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post July 19, 2017, 10:05:19 pm
by Xepera maSet