Author Topic: A resource on the behavior of fundamentalist atheists  (Read 409 times)

Re: A resource on the behavior of fundamentalist atheists
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 11:34:06 pm »
For those who are actually looking for the context behind OP's misrepresentation of us, we've already had a lengthy discussion with OP:

https://www.reddit.com/r/religion/comments/6udvy4/a_resource_on_the_behavior_of_fundamentalist/

Xepera maSet

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 01:28:11 am »
Really, I'm the supposedly childish obsessed one and you had to sign up on a forum you have no place in just to try and get more in? The entire threads already been shared here, why don't you look through this one and get a feel for what people think? Obviously I'm not just going to instaban you, but be aware we don't tolerate trolling and fallacy.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Onyx

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 05:40:25 am »
See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya. Go back to reddit, this is our house not yours.

Xepera maSet

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 02:55:06 pm »
This one truly bothers and disturbs me, the whole thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateReligion/comments/6txpkz/atheism_and_the_soviet_union/
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:03:43 pm by Xepera maSet »

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Xepera maSet

Onyx

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2017, 12:20:06 pm »
I like the term "rational theism".

I think the mistake some people make is in what defines something as "real". Some aspects of sentient beings are measurable, others are not. The idea that self-awareness is a product of the natural universe is absurd to me. They say we can't prove otherwise, and should therefore accept a materialist view while science catches up. But I would argue that material science will probably never explain self-awareness because it doesn't exist within the context of measurable parameters. We can measure some effects (influence of thought on L-Fields, etc) but not the phenomena itself.

Xepera maSet

Setamorphosis

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2017, 12:49:59 pm »
Why do you torture yourself, Xepera MaSet?

Why do you bother with that circle-jerking hivemind?

:(
a.k.a. Ave Lucifugus