Author Topic: A resource on the behavior of fundamentalist atheists  (Read 592 times)

Re: A resource on the behavior of fundamentalist atheists
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 11:34:06 pm »
For those who are actually looking for the context behind OP's misrepresentation of us, we've already had a lengthy discussion with OP:

https://www.reddit.com/r/religion/comments/6udvy4/a_resource_on_the_behavior_of_fundamentalist/

Xepera maSet

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 01:28:11 am »
Really, I'm the supposedly childish obsessed one and you had to sign up on a forum you have no place in just to try and get more in? The entire threads already been shared here, why don't you look through this one and get a feel for what people think? Obviously I'm not just going to instaban you, but be aware we don't tolerate trolling and fallacy.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Onyx

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 05:40:25 am »
See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya. Go back to reddit, this is our house not yours.

Xepera maSet

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 02:55:06 pm »
This one truly bothers and disturbs me, the whole thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DebateReligion/comments/6txpkz/atheism_and_the_soviet_union/
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:03:43 pm by Xepera maSet »

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Xepera maSet

Onyx

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2017, 12:20:06 pm »
I like the term "rational theism".

I think the mistake some people make is in what defines something as "real". Some aspects of sentient beings are measurable, others are not. The idea that self-awareness is a product of the natural universe is absurd to me. They say we can't prove otherwise, and should therefore accept a materialist view while science catches up. But I would argue that material science will probably never explain self-awareness because it doesn't exist within the context of measurable parameters. We can measure some effects (influence of thought on L-Fields, etc) but not the phenomena itself.

Xepera maSet

Setamorphosis

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2017, 12:49:59 pm »
Why do you torture yourself, Xepera MaSet?

Why do you bother with that circle-jerking hivemind?

:(
"Darkness is just light turned inside out."
  --Beelzebub

Xepera maSet

pi_ramesses

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2017, 01:29:19 pm »
Sheesh. I honestly wished that they had suggested something constructive or points for clarification. Kudos for that one guy being happy for you.
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Onyx

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2017, 08:49:33 pm »
I'm all in favor of doing a follow up paper on Thought Fields, that will really piss them off. ;)