Author Topic: How did you come upon the Left-Hand Path?  (Read 1695 times)

NEMO 93

Re: How did you come upon the Left-Hand Path?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 04:52:38 pm »
Honestly, it was mainly this forum.

RHP was becoming unhealthy for me, I slowly got into Runes and found Flowers' Nine Doors of Midgard which was a cool program. From there I researched Thursatru. That was the start of my LHP philosophy and curiosity but everyone on this forum helped me to find a path more unique to me based on some LHP stuff and I'm grateful for that.

Cabshear

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 10:23:29 am »
Well,

I was a devoted Nichiren Buddhist, vegetarian, super liberal. Attending a liberal arts college for Psych and a minor in Philosophy.

I was getting criticism from my family, girlfriend, and friends for being Buddhist, so there was some tension. To say the least. I was growing disillusioned with my studies. Something vital about my life was shrouded and I couldnt put my finger on it.

One weekend I went to a Buddhist meeting on a sunny afternoon. As the meeting continued something in me changed. A storm in my mind brewed as real storms raged outside our meeting hall.

After the meeting my friends and I went to a Barnes and Noble near by. We always had good disscussions over coffees. But this time I wasn't extolling the dharma. I was ready to discover my true nature. 

I was looking for "something", it was like a push an urge. I methodically paced the stacks eyes open, ready to find what I wanted to really be.

And there it was spying me from between two copies of the Simon Necronomicon. The Satanic Bible. I pulled it off the shelf and nearly read the whole thing standing there. That was 10 years ago, during a raging hailstorm I met the archetype of Chaos. The symbol of my prideful carnal nature. 

Since then, I left the empty University shell. I became a professional firefighter, paramedic, woodburning hobbyist, Egoist, weightlifter, travelled and now enjoy my Satanic bachelorhood sipping brews in the peace of my library next to my alter.

pi_rameses

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 03:06:09 pm »
Awesome @Cabshear thanks for sharing. I really like the parallelism you drew from within your psyche and in the outer world.
Master Willem was right. Evolution without courage will be the ruin of our race.
-Lawrence

BasiliskEggg

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 11:09:31 pm »
Necronomicon / Satanic bible barnes & Noble 1999 / 2000?

Apophis at a used book store in 2010?

IlluminAnX from Amazon 2017

NEMO 93

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 11:15:56 pm »
@BasiliskEggg  What did you think of Apophis?

BasiliskEggg

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2017, 11:56:30 pm »
@BasiliskEggg  What did you think of Apophis?

I really enjoyed / Learned from working through that book.