Author Topic: How did you come upon the Left-Hand Path?  (Read 687 times)

King Mob

Re: How did you come upon the Left-Hand Path?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 04:52:38 pm »
Honestly, it was mainly this forum.

RHP was becoming unhealthy for me, I slowly got into Runes and found Flowers' Nine Doors of Midgard which was a cool program. From there I researched Thursatru. That was the start of my LHP philosophy and curiosity but everyone on this forum helped me to find a path more unique to me based on some LHP stuff and I'm grateful for that.
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

Cabshear

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 10:23:29 am »
Well,

I was a devoted Nichiren Buddhist, vegetarian, super liberal. Attending a liberal arts college for Psych and a minor in Philosophy.

I was getting criticism from my family, girlfriend, and friends for being Buddhist, so there was some tension. To say the least. I was growing disillusioned with my studies. Something vital about my life was shrouded and I couldnt put my finger on it.

One weekend I went to a Buddhist meeting on a sunny afternoon. As the meeting continued something in me changed. A storm in my mind brewed as real storms raged outside our meeting hall.

After the meeting my friends and I went to a Barnes and Noble near by. We always had good disscussions over coffees. But this time I wasn't extolling the dharma. I was ready to discover my true nature. 

I was looking for "something", it was like a push an urge. I methodically paced the stacks eyes open, ready to find what I wanted to really be.

And there it was spying me from between two copies of the Simon Necronomicon. The Satanic Bible. I pulled it off the shelf and nearly read the whole thing standing there. That was 10 years ago, during a raging hailstorm I met the archetype of Chaos. The symbol of my prideful carnal nature. 

Since then, I left the empty University shell. I became a professional firefighter, paramedic, woodburning hobbyist, Egoist, weightlifter, travelled and now enjoy my Satanic bachelorhood sipping brews in the peace of my library next to my alter.
I say: liberate yourself as far as you can, and you have done your part; for it is not given to every one to break through all limits, or, more expressively, not to everyone is that a limit which is a limit for the rest. - Max Stirner, The Ego and it's Own

pi_ramesses

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 03:06:09 pm »
Awesome @Cabshear thanks for sharing. I really like the parallelism you drew from within your psyche and in the outer world.
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

BasiliskEggg

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 11:09:31 pm »
Necronomicon / Satanic bible barnes & Noble 1999 / 2000?

Apophis at a used book store in 2010?

IlluminAnX from Amazon 2017

King Mob

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 11:15:56 pm »
@BasiliskEggg  What did you think of Apophis?
"Be goodly therefore: dress ye all in fine apparel; eat rich foods and drink sweet wines and wines that foam! Also, take your fill and will of love as ye will, when, where and with whom ye will! But always unto me."- Nuit, Book of the Law.

BasiliskEggg

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2017, 11:56:30 pm »
@BasiliskEggg  What did you think of Apophis?

I really enjoyed / Learned from working through that book.

xx
Left Hand Path Quotes

Started by Setamontet on General LHP Discussion

16 Replies
Last post December 11, 2017, 02:48:57 pm
by Olive
xx
My experience within the Left Way

Started by Sutekh on Journals

0 Replies
Last post July 26, 2017, 07:06:09 pm
by Sutekh
xx
The Path of Change

Started by Deidre on General LHP Discussion

7 Replies
Last post August 28, 2017, 08:57:22 am
by Kapalika
xx
LHPers, have you had any relationship issues related to the path?

Started by Xepera maSet on Lounge

46 Replies
Last post December 29, 2017, 03:23:58 pm
by Kapalika