Author Topic: Is anyone here Theistic?  (Read 194 times)

Neutrino

Is anyone here Theistic?
« on: August 13, 2017, 10:42:21 pm »
I hate that word theistic lol, because even though I do believe in real gods, deities, and entities that exist outside of my mind (I don't believe them to be hallucinations or Jungian archetypes), I believe everything can be explained on a scientific level at some point. But yeah I'll put it out there, call me crazy or misguided or whatever, but these are just my views and I'm telling you all them just to see if anyone else has the same type of beliefs, I don't want to proselytize...

Anyone else believe in:

Chakras/the astral body/spiritual energy
Chi/prana
Aliens
The astral plane
Astral projection/OBE
Clairvoyance
Clairaudience
Clairsignation
Telekenisis
Pyrokinesis
Telepathy
Mind reading (on some level..not sure how much I believe this)
Intuition (again..on some level..i think we're just smart)
Precognition
Spells, curses, hexes and astral combat
Energetic healing and energy manipulation
Crystal energy
Using herbs for energy purposes

I hate using the term energy repeatedly I sound so new age (I am not a new ager), some call it chi some call it prana or life force..i call it energy..its simple and what I'm referring to is really ineffable

EvilMeow

Re: Is anyone here Theistic?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 05:36:31 am »
Chi/prana

I have never called energy inside body as chi or prana, I prefer to just call it energy. I believe that energy forms a system through which it flows and ideas such as chakras are attempts to describe that system and how it connects with the physical body. I do not believe that chakras is a complete system... for example, sephiroth tree might be more complete for others. It is a useful system to use, because it produces results and simplifies some tasks with energy work (giving some ideas about where to direct energy and how).

Aliens

I believe that its highly unlikely that earth is the only planet in universe with life on it, but thats where my thoughts about aliens stop.

The astral plane
Astral projection/OBE

In my occult practices, I had success in travelling to non material places and I have found many different worlds. I have never called the worlds that I found as an astral and the description of what is commonly considered astral does not much with my experiences. I feel like people that talk about astral are people that actually never travelled anywhere with their spirit.

Clairvoyance
Clairaudience
Clairsignation

Intuition
Precognition

I really dont like using fancy names like that, but well, my senses were always sharp, even before I was practicing occult. Back at school, when I did not know an answer, I would just feel what the answer is supposed to be and wrote several pages on that answer (for example, retell a book that I have never read). When being lazy to study for exams, I would study only the questions I knew that I would be asked... And well, my senses were always correct, so I have no reason not to believe.

Telekenisis
Pyrokinesis

I believe that is possible, but did not have much success with it in my personal practices. So, cant really comment on it.

Telepathy
Mind reading

I had a lot of success with reading people and also a lot of success with making people do something, but I havent had success with making people aware of my influence and consciously recieve my messages. I dream about becoming more skilled in communication aka telepathy, because human language is too limited and I would rather have a communication that is less limited... And my success was generally one sided so far.

spells, curses, hexes, healing and manipulation are all the same thing... Healing is casting a spell to manipulate energy to become a more healthy structure, which could as well be a curse if the target of the spell thinks that your view on "healthy structure" is very "unhealthy". Astral combat would be your personal visualization of how you try to make things happen or not happen, but I am not sure what would one mean when they use words "astral combat".

Crystal energy

Never worked with crystals or herbs.

I am not sure what word "theism" means for you, because first you say that you are not theistic, but second thing you say is that you believe in deities. I assume that you want to say that human religions are a terrible description of deities. I am not an atheist or agnostic, I believe in existance of spirits of all sorts and well, within my subjective experience while studying occult, I had interactions with spirits. I do not follow religions such as christianity. I do not worship Gods in general. I do believe that eventually, science might create a device that would allow any person to communicate with non material beings without any effort.

Modern science doesnt have any progress in that direction, because for scientific research you need to be able to make measurements. I believe that creation of something that can measure non material planes is possible, just like its possible to measure magnetic fields... Because I as a being can have an experience with non material, I do not believe that its an illusion of mine and I had success influencing material plane through non material means... Based on that, it should be possible to measure what we call non material on the material plane.

pi_ramesses

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 07:40:06 am »
Great topic and I have to revisit this when I have condensed my thoughts on it.
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Kapalika

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 10:28:04 am »
Anyone else believe in:

Chi/prana
Aliens
The astral plane
Astral projection/OBE
Clairvoyance
Clairaudience
Clairsignation
Telekenisis
Pyrokinesis
Telepathy
Mind reading (on some level..not sure how much I believe this)
Intuition (again..on some level..i think we're just smart)
Precognition
Crystal energy

I hate using the term energy repeatedly I sound so new age (I am not a new ager), some call it chi some call it prana or life force..i call it energy..its simple and what I'm referring to is really ineffable

Chakras, yes (I'm Hindu). Astral/spiritual body? No. The concepts are not linked but that doesn't stop New Agers from mixing them up.

Chi/prana... I don't believe in that Chi stuff and prana is basically breath and linked to chakras so I guess so.

Aliens.... I believe they exist but not that any have ever visited Earth in human history.

Astral plane... depending on the definition maybe. People imagine this as some kind of otherness plane with it's own time and space and in that case no. I believe in an "abstract realm" however, and a nondual state, but those two are neither "here nor there".

Astral Projection... nope. But I think we can go to a dream realm and perhaps other types of nonphysical realms. Does that count? Or did you mean the awesome psytrance act? :p

Claivoyance/precognition... in very rare cases of something happening very soon. None of that fortune telling stuff. Could also apply to future spiritual events for the person recognizing the incoming signs. But that's hardly outside of natural explanation.

Clairaudience through pyrokinesis nope.

Telepathy only with spirits since they are nonphysical and so not "here nor there" in many cases. With people most likely not, I suppose it's possible but you would have to be super intune with them.

Mind reading... cold reading.

Intuition is a tattva in my religion as well as actually a very real thing proven to exist, so ya. It's basically the only instance of claivoyance that exists, although I might say the latter is one that falls just outside the edge of what's possible to explain through intuition alone.

All that healing crap no except where it's a placebo.

Spells and hexes sure but much more limited than what the rest of this list would imply.

Energy manipulation sure, but not in any new agey kind of healing sense. At most it's spiritual which can affect the mind and to some degree affect the body but no more than the mind can in any other instance through suggestion, placebo, or other stuff (the mind is actually pretty powerful at regulating the body's reactions but that isn't magical and is a step removed from the spirit affecting the mind) so it's effects are identical to that which can be described naturally through psychology or neurology.

As far as the rest ya I get what you mean about energy. Just don't go spouting off about vibrations and Reiki and alternative medicine and anti-GMO stuff and you're fine with me :D
My Music and Blog // My Chatroom
My religion is Satanism & Trika via Vāmācāra (Left Hand path)
"God and the individual are one, to realize this is the essence of Shaivism.” - Lakshman Joo

Kapalika

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 10:31:30 am »
It's worth mentioning that many here are at the very least not atheists. I'm probably one of the more not-theist kinds of people here though. At least leaning theism seems to be the default here.
"God and the individual are one, to realize this is the essence of Shaivism.” - Lakshman Joo

Neutrino

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 01:51:20 am »
On the contrary I think GMO food could actually be a step ahead in our society. I used to buy strictly organic until I did my research showing there's no difference in nutritional value. But that's besides the point. I made this post because on some forums they're just hardcore atheists that don't believe in anything science can't prove yet. It's weird to describe what I believe..i think the structure of language fails at some points, or maybe I do in describing it...i think all of this occult "mystical" stuff can be proven by science...so though I do believe in gods that I can communicate with..i still feel like I'm an atheist because I have a scientific point of view on how this all works (I'm in the elementary school of understand it though)...when I say astral I mean just "spirtual energy"...its like an eclectic term. I think the so called "astral plane" is intertwined with ours, and it all has something to do with dark matter/energy. We literally have no idea what the fuck 95% of all the matter we can measure in the  universe is lol..correct me if that statement is inaccurate. All of this is just conjecture..but the spirtual energetic experiences I've had are so real...im a little insane but I'm not crazy crazy ahahha if that makes sense

Deidre

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 08:26:02 am »
If one is a theist and following the LHP, who is/are the deity or deieites that are being shown worship/reverence? This will or could be unique to each person but just wondering.
"Don't look for riches, look for rich experiences." - Lucian Black

EvilMeow

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 08:57:08 am »
If one is a theist and following the LHP, who is/are the deity or deieites that are being shown worship/reverence? This will or could be unique to each person but just wondering.

Among many spirits that I have invoced, 4 with which I feel connection with:
Lilith, Eris, Hecate, Bastet.

Kapalika

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 12:32:06 pm »
On the contrary I think GMO food could actually be a step ahead in our society. I used to buy strictly organic until I did my research showing there's no difference in nutritional value. But that's besides the point. I made this post because on some forums they're just hardcore atheists that don't believe in anything science can't prove yet. It's weird to describe what I believe..i think the structure of language fails at some points, or maybe I do in describing it...i think all of this occult "mystical" stuff can be proven by science...so though I do believe in gods that I can communicate with..i still feel like I'm an atheist because I have a scientific point of view on how this all works (I'm in the elementary school of understand it though)...when I say astral I mean just "spirtual energy"...its like an eclectic term. I think the so called "astral plane" is intertwined with ours, and it all has something to do with dark matter/energy. We literally have no idea what the fuck 95% of all the matter we can measure in the  universe is lol..correct me if that statement is inaccurate. All of this is just conjecture..but the spirtual energetic experiences I've had are so real...im a little insane but I'm not crazy crazy ahahha if that makes sense

I think we might be of fairly similar minds on that then. In the broad ways I'd agree with you although we might disagree on specifics. The gist I get here is that someone like you or me are going to be the most "atheistic" here (for a lack of a better term) that post regularly as just straight LHP. Maybe the word "quasi skeptical" might fit better. I dunno. It sounds like we both at least reject supernaturalism.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:34:03 pm by Kapalika »