Author Topic: What are your beliefs about Satan?  (Read 867 times)

King Mob

Re: What are your beliefs about Satan?
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2017, 07:56:23 pm »
I am personally not a fan of judeo-christian mythology or imagery beyond the bare minimum is included in Thelema and even then I used it as a road map for reference for various other practices and workings when possible. I feel that Deities/Egregors can be changed by how they are percieved and I could never trust the traditional Christian world view. Maybe Gnosticism but I don't see them having a positive view on Satan at all either. So, I like the Archetype, distrust the Satan and Christian forms of it.

I prefer to study the darker aspects mythology or more preferrably my own willpower and my own shadow. At least this you can trust the dark tricksters to not be trustworthy and often have their own ends. Their deciets are well recorded due to their egotistical nature whereas the Christian Prometheus is known for being ominous and mysterious which is part of his appeal. You could lump Hekate into the dangerous to try to read because of their mysteries as well but even Hekate had to make her power and style immortalized in MacBeth.

Of course, this doesn't mean Satan isn't useful. It can be useful for transgressing any Christian fears or taboos left in your or as a measure to see how much Christian doctrine you still have in your subconcious effecting you. There's also a great argument that due to the uprise of Satanism, Luciferianism, the memes about Satan being a good guy of the bible from athiests, and so on he's been broken free from Christian mold to be more true to his original Promethean nature.
"A wolf  is  a  shadow  and  should  never  be  chained.  To  me,  Vánagandr  represents the  very  essence  of  chaos.  He  is  the  antithesis  of  law  and  order.  Without  chaos in  one's  life,  you  fall  into  stagnation  with  no  room  for  growth.  That  is  what  Vánagandr  represents."

Xepera maSet

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2017, 11:26:21 am »
[Admin bump]
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

King Mob

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2017, 09:58:16 pm »
So over a month later, I'm still not a fan of the Satan imagery but I can strongly resonate with Lucifer and Luciferianism. Lucifer seems to highlight the most positive traits of Satan, in my opinion, and can easily be separate from Dogma where I feel the traditional figure of Satan is limiting even if you see it as a updating of Pan.
"A wolf  is  a  shadow  and  should  never  be  chained.  To  me,  Vánagandr  represents the  very  essence  of  chaos.  He  is  the  antithesis  of  law  and  order.  Without  chaos in  one's  life,  you  fall  into  stagnation  with  no  room  for  growth.  That  is  what  Vánagandr  represents."

King Mob

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2017, 10:00:00 pm »
I mean I'm definitely being pedantic and sematical here as the imagery, philosophy, and everything crosses over but if we're talking about the figure its self as well as the slight differences between the philosophy of the followers, definitely like the Lucifer fellow more.

xx
The True Name of the Biblical Satan

Started by Setamorphosis on General LHP Discussion

6 Replies
Last post August 09, 2017, 09:04:35 pm
by pi_ramesses
xx
Hail Satan the Morningstar! New member here!

Started by Ave Baphomet! on Lounge

6 Replies
Last post September 06, 2017, 09:18:23 am
by Setamontet
xx
Discussing Beliefs

Started by Xepera maSet on General LHP Discussion

6 Replies
Last post October 23, 2017, 05:50:14 pm
by pi_ramesses
xx
feedback on me describing my beliefs?