Author Topic: How long are your rituals usually?  (Read 195 times)

Kapalika

How long are your rituals usually?
« on: August 06, 2017, 08:10:34 am »
I'm writing a song intended for rituals, with 3 distinct movements (and some smaller sub movements) to mark a opening, invocation and working and closing ect.

I know how long my rituals normally last and I was aiming for 15 minutes long but I need to hear from others so that it can more match an average. The idea behind the song is to match one's ritual to each part or movement to act as a powerful tool in the ritual amplifying everything else going on.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:14:24 am by Shamira »
My Music and Blog // My Chatroom
My religion is Satanism & Trika via Vāmāchāra (LHP)
"God and the individual are one, to realize this is the essence of Shaivism.” - Lakshman Joo

Setamontet

Re: How long are your rituals usually?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 09:32:41 am »
I usually use a basic outline for my ritual workings, decompression, lighting the Black Flame, ring the bell 9x, invocation, etc., and I almost always use music and ambience during indoor workings.  I really can't predict how long my workings last, it depends on the goal, focus, and presences felt during the working.  I tried using certain pieces of music for certain parts of a ritual, but for me, it felt too much like the music instead of my own Will was dictating the direction of the working.

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

Kapalika

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 09:43:47 am »
I swear my only intent is to make people feel creeped out and yet powerful/inspired at the same time.  :D

As I've written it, I've imagined people using it as a powerful tool to focus their will and energy... so maybe an intent will be there but it's supposed to be a beneficial one. I plan to use it myself too. Basically I've imagined it as acting as an amplifier for magic.

I'm pretty keen to intentions, energies ect in music. I just hope I can pull off what I'm imagining. Going over music so much it's so repetitive sometimes it's like focusing on a sigil, but you are improving the song, writing, rewriting ect. That parallels or even straight up same mechanics are not lost one me lol
"God and the individual are one, to realize this is the essence of Shaivism.” - Lakshman Joo

Setamontet

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 09:48:39 am »
Hey Shamira, I hear you.  I too am a musician/composer, self-taught on the guitar and classically trained in melodic theory, and piano technique.  ;)

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,

Setamontet

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 10:18:42 am »
My point is that, yes indeed music/ambience does help inspire the mind and will during workings, however it shouldn't dictate how long the working or parts of the working last.  That is the province of the Magicians Will, this principle holds true for both singular and group workings.

Kapalika

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 10:45:39 am »
Hm. I was more hoping to do it the other way around, it fit the typical patterns of the magician.

However you bring up a point I've just thought of, and I think for me personally I've tended to use set rules for rituals as where I focus the power to. Following things strictly, and time can be a factor there, has always helped me focus my intentions better. Everything so laid out and prescribed. For the sake of my sanity that means though that the general format of rituals are mostly the same for me. So maybe it would work better for people like that... something more atmospheric that can be cut off at any time would be needed otherwise.

Do you write a lot of new rituals often? Or is it more that different "types" tend to take longer than others? Something I've been curious about is how much novelty effects the efficiency of ritual, and perhaps changing it up every once in a while would be refreshing. Although I've yet to really try it.

Anyways just wondering your thoughts.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 12:13:30 pm by Shamira »

Xepera maSet

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 11:07:54 am »
Eh, for me they last minutes at most, I'm not big on ceremony.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Mindmaster

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 03:48:39 am »
I'm writing a song intended for rituals, with 3 distinct movements (and some smaller sub movements) to mark a opening, invocation and working and closing ect.

I know how long my rituals normally last and I was aiming for 15 minutes long but I need to hear from others so that it can more match an average. The idea behind the song is to match one's ritual to each part or movement to act as a powerful tool in the ritual amplifying everything else going on.

Sort of an interesting question, but I've always felt that the answer is somewhat between whatever it takes to get in the mood and actually do it. For me, I'd say somewhere between 15-60 minutes, it just varies on days. Shorter than that and it's hard to get into the mood so to speak, for me. It's sort of like sex - there is definitely a bit of psycho-spiritual foreplay that has to happen for the right vibe. :D

xx
Halloween rituals?

Started by King Mob on General LHP Discussion

1 Replies
Last post October 31, 2017, 04:13:19 pm
by Xepera maSet
xx
Satanic Elemental Balancing and Cleansing rituals?

Started by King Mob on General LHP Discussion

1 Replies
Last post November 01, 2017, 10:16:44 pm
by Mindmaster