Author Topic: Kek, Consciousness, Meme Magic, and connection to Set  (Read 387 times)

Setamorphosis

Re: Kek, Consciousness, Meme Magic, and connection to Set
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2017, 01:45:51 pm »
I'm sorry, to both you and Shamira. I just found their subtle jabs quite amusing, so I had to be at least a little bit cheeky.
a.k.a. Ave Lucifugus

pi_ramesses

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2017, 05:35:40 pm »
I'm sorry, to both you and Shamira. I just found their subtle jabs quite amusing, so I had to be at least a little bit cheeky.

My apologies @Ave Lucifugus if my comments came across as jabs. That was not my intention.
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic atur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

Kapalika

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 09:03:56 pm »
Woah, you wrote quite the essay there. I apologize, but I won't address every single point. I can't be bothered, really.

I find it rather odd how you're quick to dismiss at least the possibility of it, given the amount of "coincidences" (which is huge), even though you've not bothered looking into it. The problem isn't that you actually dismissed, but that you dismissed it without hardly any research. Oh well.

I actually spend 3 or 4 hours reading everything on all the links you gave (including the CTMU guy). Maybe I should of been clear why I didn't have time to look into the video but the reason wasn't as such that I couldn't look into the topics, just that I couldn't play videos. My internet is bad and it would choke up my internet so I couldn't do much else while watching it.

So I did look into it, I just wasn't convinced by anything. It's worth noting however that I forgot to mention I see what happened as a form of lesser black magick when it comes to using culture and jokes as intentional transformative tools of culture. Trump knows how to be a reality star and places like 4chan know how to make memes spread like wildfire. It was the perfect storm since elections are a lot like popularity contests in America... which is also a lot like how reality shows are.

I just don't agree that greater black magick was at play.

This is adorable, how subtly defensive you are. But, hey, listen, someone, somewhere thinks your views are delusions. Mine too. You can't change it, whether you like it or not. :P

Then why do you keep trying to convince me l? Or were you just trying to get me to acknowledge a possibility?

As for the "theory" I had linked you, I don't believe it. But it's interesting to look into, at least. I like hearing other ideas even though I don't agree with them. I also like thinking about said ideas. By the way...whether or not I believe the theory, it's irrelevant to our discussion, eh?

The guy was an incoherent creationist with ties to Christian organizations. I assumed it had some kind of relevance. I was more set off by him more than anything else. Okay, it might be interesting, in the way that anything else crazy is. But the way it was brought up seemed to conflate it with everything else. I wasn't given a context for what you were trying to say about his work.

It didn't help at all that he wrote for and is idolized by YEC Christian creationists or I couldn't stand to read too much of his work directly. He might not technically be a Christian but he's just as bad.

Friendly reminder to play nice everyone. We're a very diverse forum and there's bound to be some major disagreement. One of the most impressive feats of greater black magic is to disgree without getting too condescending, snippy, or personal.

Until my last post about the CTMU thing I thought we were just giving our viewpoints but I can see how it might of edged towards debate before that. Everything about Langan (the guy who wrote CTMU) set me off (see the quote I responded to just above this one).

If I stepped over a line (other than in criticizing that Langan guy) I apologize. It wasn't my intention to antagonize anyone.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:08:56 pm by Shamira »
My Music and Blog

My religion is Satanism & Trika via Vāmāchāra

Setamontet

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 12:57:10 pm »
Until my last post about the CTMU thing I thought we were just giving our viewpoints but I can see how it might of edged towards debate before that. Everything about Langan (the guy who wrote CTMU) set me off (see the quote I responded to just above this one).

No, hey folks, we love and encourage healthy and intense debate on this forum.  All we ask is you just be as respectful as possible to one another.  No infighting here.

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

King Mob

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2017, 11:16:48 pm »
"meme magic" is not really a new concept in sympathetic magic or chaos magic. It's just a new coat of paint.

Want to curse someone? Well, the best way to do that is to convince them they *are* cursed. Their belief will do the rest. A lot of hoodoo is based on this concept which is why cursed items are left on the victim's property. The same reason a lot of sympathetic magic meant to influence another's will require magical links with a lot of them being shown to the target after is trained.

Chaos magic really upped the ante by emphasizing the fact that we don't really have objective truths but rather subjective beliefs and that these beliefs is what influence our realities. The chaos magic tradition soon became linked with quantam theory in pseudo-sciencey way but the philosophies intermingling seem natural and does have some logical connections.

As a result, expirimentes followed suit. If one can effect their own reality, can a group of people effect the reality of the world? Short answer, yes. Egregors are the result of this. Godforms created by the power of belief. I think the first creation of something similar to this was the creation of the servitor Zippy at some conference who was a pretty beloved servitor at one point. Eventually, the DKMU decided the lofty ambition of breaking down the barriers of reality using simply working together across the country with multiple people and one sigil. Their group evolved to the use of Godforms, or Egregors.

The only question the meme magic raises is can tongue in cheek belief or ironic belief also effect reality? Can a large enough hivemind effect reality accidentally?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 10:31:07 am by King Mob »
"A wolf  is  a  shadow  and  should  never  be  chained.  To  me,  Vánagandr  represents the  very  essence  of  chaos.  He  is  the  antithesis  of  law  and  order.  Without  chaos in  one's  life,  you  fall  into  stagnation  with  no  room  for  growth.  That  is  what  Vánagandr  represents."

Setamorphosis

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 04:48:11 am »
"Can a large enough hivemind effect reality accidentally? "

It seems so, just look at all the events that happened. Hell, even Hilary waged war on Pepe...a cartoon frog. It's pretty hilarious.

a.k.a. Ave Lucifugus

xx
Magic and Machines

Started by Onyx on General LHP Discussion

3 Replies
Last post April 02, 2017, 06:39:41 pm
by Onyx
xx
Nine States of Consciousness

Started by Setamontet on General LHP Discussion

10 Replies
Last post October 07, 2017, 10:34:56 am