Is the Forum Dead?

• 10 Replies
Is the Forum Dead?
« on: December 07, 2020, 01:05:10 pm »
I haven't seen any activity in a long time . . . has this forum died?  :(

Sutekh

Re: Is the Forum Dead?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 05:14:33 pm »
Glad you're the first one to bring this up. A lot of what I have seen over the years of Satanists/LHP groups/communities have been becoming defunct very quickly. I still hold this organization spiritually, but at the same time I feel that the future for a lot of LHP collaboraters/practitioners would be working solitary. I am also a member of Satanic International, founded by Zach Black, his forum has been defunct as well.

It's sad really to see an organization/a forum no longer being set as it once was.

Sutekh

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 05:16:03 pm »
The only exception that I would see working, would be Organization's in person that has a strict bylaw intact.

Sutekh

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 05:21:05 pm »
For those who wish to correspond with me, my email is coolspartacus7@gmail.com. I will not however respond to anything that would be nutty/irrelevant.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 12:09:50 am »
I ran the Herald of the Dawn for 7 years and it too is defunct . . .

Liu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 01:40:54 pm »
It's a bit of a pity that LHPers only groups tend to get inactive after a while.

Nowadays I mainly hang out with more mixed groups that are tolerant of people of any paths. Mainly pagans and a couple chaos magicians, few self-identifying LHPers around. There's a couple of pagan/esoteric chat rooms over at the self-help/personal-development app Habitica (whose gamification elements can be used for magickal practices if you're into tech magick), and I recently joined a Discord server where some pagans teach classes on esoteric practices, called Urban Conservatory.

I guess we could get the forum active again, but often there were just not enough people around to keep conversations going as many of us are busy with our own lives.

I'll probably keep checking for at least a while for new posts or messages here. I should also get an email if someone sends me a message or tags me (it might get buried in my general forum-notifications folder, though, so I might not notice right away).

Onyx

• O.S. Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 02:47:33 am »
I think one big problem is that the board is not phone-friendly. I have purchased phone-friendly themes, but they are pretty ugly, and most don't work that well anyway. I tried to modify one halfway decent theme I bought to have a dark look, but it's intractable because web programming sucks (you have to change every instance of every color manually).

Well this doesn't help: apparently 179 people are awaiting activation, the emails aren't being sent out. Working on the problem, for now I'm just going to activate the accounts manually, although I can't alert anyone until I can get the server working correctly. :facepalm:

« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 03:37:11 am by Onyx »

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 06:20:36 pm »
I still check in from time to time to see if any topics or new discussions are going on but I haven't been active since the summer.

I've mostly been consumed with work, college, my music projects, and have gotten into Chaos Magic which has intertwined with my life as a whole. I'd be sad though to see this forum die out completely. I've learned a lot here and from what I've gathered, a lot of the members are cool, down to earth, nice people. I also understand it's been a whirlwind of a year for everyone so it's understandable people haven't been as active here as they've been dealing with other things.
"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~Ernest Henley

Kapalika

• Someone's Succubus Queen ♡
    • View Profile
    • My Music and Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 09:34:12 am »
im alive but i was so busy fixing my dumpster fire of a life idk
magical work took a bit of a backseat because hieriarchy of needs and all that shit
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Km Anu

• Speaker for the Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2021, 06:22:54 am »
((Lurking))

Onyx

• O.S. Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 08:36:32 pm »
im alive but i was so busy fixing my dumpster fire of a life idk
magical work took a bit of a backseat because hieriarchy of needs and all that shit

My life has been a hot-mess lately. I did renew the site for a few more years and continue to maintain it. There are over 12k posts on here, and I'm not about to take the site down given so many contributions despite things being slow right now.