Author Topic: Liminal Spaces in magic  (Read 163 times)

Kapalika

Liminal Spaces in magic
« on: September 29, 2020, 04:20:43 pm »
How do you feel in liminal spaces? One mix of the feelings I get is always an amazing feeling but I don't know to describe it. Link to explain explain the kind consciousness shift itself that I'm talking about. I've often relied on liminality for my magical practice and trying to figure out new ways to foster it.

https://theludlowgroup.com/2018/05/31/why-do-liminal-spaces-feel-like-an-altered-reality/
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 06:23:13 pm by Kapalika »
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Liu

Re: Liminal Spaces in magic
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 04:58:33 pm »
Relaxed. Because there usually are no people around when I'm staying at such places, and even if there are, because the fact that I can simply stay there instead of going to a destination with a function means that I don't have anything urgent to take care of.

idgo

Re: Liminal Spaces in magic
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 03:17:11 pm »
I find that they amplify my existing mindset.

When I enter such potential spaces preoccupied by concrete events of the past or future, they almost disappear or never exist to me, as recognizing a liminal space as such takes a certain amount of free attention and curiosity/interest.

When I enter them while receptive, curious, or generally looking openly for something, they are sets which can make it easy to see myself as exactly the sort of person I choose to be in that moment. In other words, such "unscripted" locales drop the calculus of "here are this space's clear norms, and here are the reactions which are to be consistently expected from others if one steps outside those norms".

Perhaps by offering an area outside our general expectations, I've noticed that such spaces can be conducive to some of the best conversations with other people.