Author Topic: 2 Hour interview with a well known public Satanist  (Read 1242 times)

Sutekh

2 Hour interview with a well known public Satanist
« on: August 22, 2020, 04:51:53 pm »
This is a 2 hour interview with a successful Satanist/businessman/musician and former vocalist of Vital Remains. This is pretty political, while I personally find politics including political ideologies to be a waste of time, their are some solid points that are pointed out and that can be personally agreed on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3XZYzp3nUU
"To achieve Xem, the Setian must perceive what he can of Xem, and must Become that
perception. He must incorporate the knowledge, understanding, and lessons of that perception
into the Setian's being. Remanifesting that ennobled state, the Setian will perceive more of
Xem, and will be able to Xeper further towards Xem. It is only through pursuit of this
repeating cycle of perceive / achieve that the initiate will eventually near and reach Xem"- Ruby Tablet of Set

Onyx

Re: 2 Hour interview with a well known public Satanist
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 06:52:08 pm »
Thanks @Sutekh  8)

Mindmaster

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 12:51:01 pm »
This is a 2 hour interview with a successful Satanist/businessman/musician and former vocalist of Vital Remains. This is pretty political, while I personally find politics including political ideologies to be a waste of time, their are some solid points that are pointed out and that can be personally agreed on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3XZYzp3nUU

Friend of mine, but yeah he's a great dude... in regard to all aspects...

If more people like him were walking around the world would be better place.

He's alright though despite all that and has a lot of other businesses. He's mostly working on MMA atm.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 12:52:46 pm by Mindmaster »

Liu

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 01:11:12 pm »
Surprised antifa is as influential in Brazil and that they bother with protesting concerts. Considering the government and what I hear about things there in general, I would think they have more important battles to fight.

But considering that antifa is not one organization but just a banner under which people group, no surprise. And I encountered similarly thoughtless reactions here in Germany, with concerts being cancelled because antifa people considered anyone nazi who made medieval folk metal because of course only nazis can be interested in paganism or medieval literature.

Interesting view of the 7 tenets being in line with LaVeyan Satanism.

His complaints regarding certain actions of TST aren't something I find as convincing - I could see how the respective actions are done based on motivations quite in line with what he describes as Satanism. Yet he probably knows the people who were involved, or at least some of them, so he can judge their motives better than I may. Similarly, I would have some different political opinions (e.g. regarding 2nd amendment, and I'd also not be as convinced that starting one's own business is guarantee to success) but I can't really argue for or against some stuff of what he says as it's about US-specific issues and person-specific issues so he obviously knows more about it.

He also says a couple stuff that could be taken the wrong way. And I wouldn't agree that Satanism is only for "alphas", which might also be something I took the wrong way. But overall seems like quite a decent guy. I remember watching some other, shorter interview by him a few years back getting a different impression, so either he changed or that one didn't bring his point across well.

Sutekh

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 07:24:39 pm »
He's alright though despite all that and has a lot of other businesses. He's mostly working on MMA atm.

So Iv'e heard, I actually follow him on Instagram.
"To achieve Xem, the Setian must perceive what he can of Xem, and must Become that
perception. He must incorporate the knowledge, understanding, and lessons of that perception
into the Setian's being. Remanifesting that ennobled state, the Setian will perceive more of
Xem, and will be able to Xeper further towards Xem. It is only through pursuit of this
repeating cycle of perceive / achieve that the initiate will eventually near and reach Xem"- Ruby Tablet of Set

Sutekh

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 05:36:09 pm »
And I wouldn't agree that Satanism is only for "alphas", which might also be something I took the wrong way.

I personally believe strongly in Satanic elitism, I am not implying however on the kind of elitism where the Atheist is smarter and better than the Theist. But on the Elitism vs. the rest of the (herd) or non elect. I regard the elect you might say as the watch dogs of the herd, including society or the (Aeon, you might say). Being that Elect is not only being the Prince of Darkness's kind, but also by bettering yourself as that elect outside of the rest of the non elect.

I strongly agree that collectivism has no business with Satanism or the LHP, all you are primarily doing is being stuck on the right side of the Path. I laugh at the things I find on political ideologies being combined with Satanism, whether its on the far left or the far right, both of these politics have contradictions with the religion of darkness.

Liu

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 05:21:25 pm »
And I wouldn't agree that Satanism is only for "alphas", which might also be something I took the wrong way.
I personally believe strongly in Satanic elitism, I am not implying however on the kind of elitism where the Atheist is smarter and better than the Theist. But on the Elitism vs. the rest of the (herd) or non elect. I regard the elect you might say as the watch dogs of the herd, including society or the (Aeon, you might say). Being that Elect is not only being the Prince of Darkness's kind, but also by bettering yourself as that elect outside of the rest of the non elect.

Bettering yourself yes, that's certainly part of Satanism. And I agree, one doesn't have to start at an elite position in order to be a Satanist.

Regarding the watchdog metaphor, I don't think you need to be invested in herding other people in order to be a Satanist.

Also, you seem to equate Satanism with atheism?

I strongly agree that collectivism has no business with Satanism or the LHP, all you are primarily doing is being stuck on the right side of the Path. I laugh at the things I find on political ideologies being combined with Satanism, whether its on the far left or the far right, both of these politics have contradictions with the religion of darkness.
Depends on what you call collectivism. When TST is criticized as being collectivist, it's usually for helping underprivileged parts of society, which can easily be completely in line with the personal values and goals of the TST-members supporting it. If someone helps because "that's what good people do" or out of peer-pressure, I'd agree calling that RHPy. If someone does so based on their personal values, that's a different thing.

Sutekh

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 08:51:57 pm »
Regarding the watchdog metaphor, I don't think you need to be invested in herding other people in order to be a Satanist.

I wasn't necessarily implying "herding" other people to be exact. What I mean as a watchdog is one who is outside of the society within that physical Universe. One you might say that primarily sits on the throne and watches the events unfold and how the herd primarily clashes within those events in which the Satanist/LHPer laugh's at.

I also wasn't trying to equate Satanism with "Atheism." Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Sutekh

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 02:47:59 am »
Depends on what you call collectivism. When TST is criticized as being collectivist, it's usually for helping underprivileged parts of society, which can easily be completely in line with the personal values and goals of the TST-members supporting it. If someone helps because "that's what good people do" or out of peer-pressure, I'd agree calling that RHPy. If someone does so based on their personal values, that's a different thing.

I still may disagree with you on that, personally if an organization has a collectivist approach whether it be viewed as "personal values" in which its every members mission, that would still be in conforming with that line. I come from a LaVeyan/Setian School of thought, in which I have a traditional approach to the Left Hand Path. I have no interest in sharing the so called equality or being like everyone else/helping parts of society, since I personally find it illogical in my own personal goal within the Path of Darkness. You can argue that certain organizations that you might consider on the Left Hand Path to be collectivist and that this idea fits perfectly etc. But at the same time, if you look at Organizations including ours we do not hold the collectivist view. Since many of us are individualistic in our approaches.

If one has a group of same minded people with the same views/goals, you would be in the conformist bubble. And at the same time, if you have someone or an organization who says that they are going with the antinomianistic/heterodox approach and at the same time believes in equality for all, where is the logic in that?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 02:52:17 am by Sutekh »

Liu

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 11:22:23 am »

I wasn't necessarily implying "herding" other people to be exact. [...]

I also wasn't trying to equate Satanism with "Atheism." Apologies for the misunderstanding.
Yes, I wasn't sure whether you meant things that way, thanks for clarifying.
What I mean as a watchdog is one who is outside of the society within that physical Universe. One you might say that primarily sits on the throne and watches the events unfold and how the herd primarily clashes within those events in which the Satanist/LHPer laugh's at.
Sure watching events unfold from outside can be fun, and just watching what will happen instead of fighting against it is more relaxing.
And while spending time outside of society is nice, there is much opportunity for personal growth found in interacting with society.

But could you give some examples? I think you mean something different.

I still may disagree with you on that, personally if an organization has a collectivist approach whether it be viewed as "personal values" in which its every members mission, that would still be in conforming with that line. I come from a LaVeyan/Setian School of thought, in which I have a traditional approach to the Left Hand Path. I have no interest in sharing the so called equality or being like everyone else/helping parts of society, since I personally find it illogical in my own personal goal within the Path of Darkness. You can argue that certain organizations that you might consider on the Left Hand Path to be collectivist and that this idea fits perfectly etc. But at the same time, if you look at Organizations including ours we do not hold the collectivist view. Since many of us are individualistic in our approaches.
Well I also don't have much investment in equality for all. I don't mind it, and usually I benefit from it, but it's nothing I would list as a value of mine. But many people feel quite strongly about it, or at least about supporting certain groups of people or fighting against certain forms of inequality. Now you can either say that this means they can't be Satanists or that it means that they need to overcome that part of their psyche to become proper Satanists. But if it's a central part of someone's psyche, then it would seem much more in line with Satanism to me to accept that and act in line with it.
If one has a group of same minded people with the same views/goals, you would be in the conformist bubble.
If you want to put effort into a goal, being in an organization with other people with the same goal as your own seems very helpful. Just because people share one goal they don't necessarily share their whole worldview, so there is still room for discussions between different perspectives. Also, one needn't be in only one group.

And at the same time, if you have someone or an organization who says that they are going with the antinomianistic/heterodox approach and at the same time believes in equality for all, where is the logic in that?
Improvements regarding equality for all may enable people to pursue an antinomianistic/heterodox approach in the first place. So some people might feel grateful for having that opportunity and may want to make sure other people have it as well.

Sutekh

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2020, 05:35:12 pm »
And while spending time outside of society is nice, there is much opportunity for personal growth found in interacting with society.

I believe that once you are journeying within the Path of Darkness you already know that you are outside of the cosmic flow in this Objective bubble permanently. As strong a word "permanently" is, once you Journey within the Left Hand Path you start to of course come to two conclusions, 1) The Path is for you 2) The Path is not for you. The way I see it, is that once you realize that the Path of Darkness is for you. You notice that you are unique in a sense, "what separates you from the rest." And you will remain as that separate part from the rest, for all eternity. As extreme this sounds, I regard this as the reality once you step on that Darker Plane outside of this existence.

I hope this can clarify a bit from what you are looking for.

Well I also don't have much investment in equality for all. I don't mind it, and usually I benefit from it, but it's nothing I would list as a value of mine. But many people feel quite strongly about it, or at least about supporting certain groups of people or fighting against certain forms of inequality. Now you can either say that this means they can't be Satanists or that it means that they need to overcome that part of their psyche to become proper Satanists. But if it's a central part of someone's psyche, then it would seem much more in line with Satanism to me to accept that and act in line with it.

If you want to put effort into a goal, being in an organization with other people with the same goal as your own seems very helpful. Just because people share one goal they don't necessarily share their whole worldview, so there is still room for discussions between different perspectives. Also, one needn't be in only one group.

Improvements regarding equality for all may enable people to pursue an antinomianistic/heterodox approach in the first place. So some people might feel grateful for having that opportunity and may want to make sure other people have it as well.

On organizations, what I was trying to get (this might sound as a repetition) at is if you have a group of people with a collectivist viewpoint, an organization would become conformist in that regard. The Church of Satan is a perfect example, you have people that would share the same collective philosophical viewpoint/goal and transform it into a conformist bubble which goes against LHP philosophy. The Order of the Serpent and the Temple of Set are perfect examples of an organization that does not adhere to the full on 100% same goals that other organizations have or have become.  Meaning what this Order including the TOS is doing, is placing the forbidden apple in practice, of what this forbidden apple means. (my own metaphor of the LHP)  Yes, we may share a 1 common goal as Magicians and philosophers, but at the same time we have our different approaches of how we view and do things. That is another perfect example of what an LHP organization composes of.

My take, going back on your other answer of the "benefits in interacting with society" including your other responses on the benefits of "equality for all," may differ. The way I view it, as a person who is on the Left Hand Path I only have one goal, and that is the concept of "Self Directed Self Evolution." Meaning my only focus is on the Self, not on the empathy for the herd or making sure the herd has the same "opportunities as I do." This may mean on going to the extremes in order to evolve that self, which is in my opinion the basis of the LHP, to focus and care only on that self in order to further your own personal will, not the will of others.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 06:13:36 pm by Sutekh »

Liu

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2020, 06:27:24 pm »
[

I believe that once you are journeying within the Path of Darkness you already know that you are outside of the cosmic flow in this Objective bubble permanently. As strong a word "permanently" is, once you Journey within the Left Hand Path you start to of course come to two conclusions, 1) The Path is for you 2) The Path is not for you. The way I see it, is that once you realize that the Path of Darkness is for you. You notice that you are unique in a sense, "what separates you from the rest." And you will remain as that separate part from the rest, for all eternity. As extreme this sounds, I regard this as the reality once you step on that Darker Plane outside of this existence.

Hm, not really, I was rather looking for a more concrete explanation than a metaphysical one.
Also, I'm a pantheist, so I obviously have some different opinions from yours regarding separateness from the cosmos.
Or do you really mean just societal? If anything I've moved closer to society since converting (by getting to know people and making friends) than away from it, as this path has been helping me with social anxiety. My impression of my uniqueness has also rather decreased than increased.
I mean, I'm still ultimately only heeding to myself, but that was already the case long before I ever heard of Satanism.

Etu Malku

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2020, 08:30:27 pm »
[

Hm, not really, I was rather looking for a more concrete explanation than a metaphysical one.
Also, I'm a pantheist, so I obviously have some different opinions from yours regarding separateness from the cosmos.
Or do you really mean just societal? If anything I've moved closer to society since converting (by getting to know people and making friends) than away from it, as this path has been helping me with social anxiety. My impression of my uniqueness has also rather decreased than increased.
I mean, I'm still ultimately only heeding to myself, but that was already the case long before I ever heard of Satanism.
Perhaps this explanation is closer to what you are looking for . . .
The objective universe is simply a self-perpetuating mechanism. The majority of religions and faiths believe they are tapping into some kind of Universal Mind, yet they are simply aligning their conscious awareness with a mechanism which in truth is of non-mind and is not cognizant sentience. They flood their brains with happy waves of theta and are thus deceived into the feeling of being connected to something greater than their local mind. The Work of the Mystai (western left hand path) is not directed towards this, this is not our path. Our path is that of developing our proto-conscious field and connecting with our nonlocal mind (Self). By doing so we create a bridge from this reality to our Greater Self's reality and thus we are changed from human to something more than human.

Sutekh

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2020, 12:38:04 am »
I believe that once you are journeying within the Path of Darkness you already know that you are outside of the cosmic flow in this Objective bubble permanently. As strong a word "permanently" is, once you Journey within the Left Hand Path you start to of course come to two conclusions, 1) The Path is for you 2) The Path is not for you. The way I see it, is that once you realize that the Path of Darkness is for you. You notice that you are unique in a sense, "what separates you from the rest." And you will remain as that separate part from the rest, for all eternity. As extreme this sounds, I regard this as the reality once you step on that Darker Plane outside of this existence. I hope this can clarify a bit from what you are looking for.

The way I see it is both ways, stepping onto the Path of Darkness would be that realization of the distinction from you and the societal herd. In which I believe in expanding that separateness/isolation in order to achieve the means on the Path (non metaphysically speaking). You and I both agree that Satanism is about bettering yourself as that individual or Elect. That is how I personally view it, isolating yourself from the mainstream society of the masses is that step of bettering yourself. The reason why I frown upon the collectivist or egalitarian nature of things is 1) I find it non achievable to my own personal individuality/individual quest on my Path. You can of course argue that some people find egalitarianism/collectivism to be a betterment upon themselves, nothing wrong with that, everyone's different to that extent. As a Black Magician, yes I do strongly believe in metaphysics and Magic. It might seem as if my life revolves around it, but not necessarily. My own personal goal is achieving my own means Magically/Non Magically, I am practical on my approach as a Magician. On my previous statement in which you were expecting a concrete answer, it may had seem complex of what my statement was implying. I was speaking both non metaphysically and metaphysically on that separation from the cosmos.

Yes I still personally find certain interactions with people in a society to be interesting and fun to that regard, but at the same time I'll always know that I am superior than the rest. As arrogantly as this may sound, that is a part of my elitist view as the one who is superior than the rest, I am not implying of course the dumb argument that the "Satanist is better than the other Satanist" nonsense. I regard those who are on the same path as I am, as a fellow Elect. (If you have trouble understanding, since English is probably your secondary language. I can try my best to clarify those misunderstandings)

Liu

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2020, 08:00:59 am »
Thanks for the replies!
Perhaps this explanation is closer to what you are looking for . . .
The objective universe is simply a self-perpetuating mechanism. The majority of religions and faiths believe they are tapping into some kind of Universal Mind, yet they are simply aligning their conscious awareness with a mechanism which in truth is of non-mind and is not cognizant sentience. They flood their brains with happy waves of theta and are thus deceived into the feeling of being connected to something greater than their local mind. The Work of the Mystai (western left hand path) is not directed towards this, this is not our path. Our path is that of developing our proto-conscious field and connecting with our nonlocal mind (Self). By doing so we create a bridge from this reality to our Greater Self's reality and thus we are changed from human to something more than human.
What would be the reason to distinguish between a local and a nonlocal mind?

The way I see it is both ways, stepping onto the Path of Darkness would be that realization of the distinction from you and the societal herd. In which I believe in expanding that separateness/isolation in order to achieve the means on the Path (non metaphysically speaking). You and I both agree that Satanism is about bettering yourself as that individual or Elect. That is how I personally view it, isolating yourself from the mainstream society of the masses is that step of bettering yourself. [...] As a Black Magician, yes I do strongly believe in metaphysics and Magic. It might seem as if my life revolves around it, but not necessarily. My own personal goal is achieving my own means Magically/Non Magically, I am practical on my approach as a Magician. On my previous statement in which you were expecting a concrete answer, it may had seem complex of what my statement was implying. I was speaking both non metaphysically and metaphysically on that separation from the cosmos.

Yes I still personally find certain interactions with people in a society to be interesting and fun to that regard, but at the same time I'll always know that I am superior than the rest. As arrogantly as this may sound, that is a part of my elitist view as the one who is superior than the rest, I am not implying of course the dumb argument that the "Satanist is better than the other Satanist" nonsense. I regard those who are on the same path as I am, as a fellow Elect.
Well no, I already felt separate from society much earlier, converting didn't make a difference really.

And I don't have the impression of being superior to the rest overall, many people have skills of daily life that I'm still developing. How would you distinguish between someone who is on the path from someone who isn't?

Also, society isn't one coherent group of people anyway - my academic colleagues are different from my relatives (which also vary a lot), which are different from my teachers of yoga, qi gong and the like, which are different from my neighbors... and based on what I see in the news, there are parts of society that I have no connections to whatsoever.

(If you have trouble understanding, since English is probably your secondary language. I can try my best to clarify those misunderstandings)
Not sure whether that plays a role - yes English isn't my native language but I use it more often than my native language nowadays, especially at work. But thanks for your willingness to help.

The reason why I frown upon the collectivist or egalitarian nature of things is 1) I find it non achievable to my own personal individuality/individual quest on my Path. You can of course argue that some people find egalitarianism/collectivism to be a betterment upon themselves, nothing wrong with that, everyone's different to that extent.
Yes, that was basically my point. Whenever I hear an explanation by TSTers of how their socialist approach fits in with Satanism, it's basically this one.