Author Topic: What terms properly insult a Satanist's character?  (Read 1011 times)

idgo

Re: What terms properly insult a Satanist's character?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 12:27:29 am »
How would an involuntary reaction even differ from a voluntary one?

As an example: Let's say someone has an extremely stressful conversation with their boss and during the conversation they start crying. They don't want to be crying, yet they are. That's an involuntary reaction -- the person does not consent to the reaction occurring at that place and time, yet it happens anyway -- and would be commonly cited as a "lack of self-control".

By contrast: Let's say someone has an extremely stressful conversation at work, keeps it together for the rest of the day, then chooses to let themself cry when they get home. I'd say that's a voluntary reaction, since the person chooses the circumstances and in part the nature of the reaction (they might feel like shouting at someone as well as crying, but choose not to because they prefer not to have the consequences of doing so).

A large portion of "self-development" as I understand it involves gaining control of those involuntary reactions.

Mindmaster

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 03:34:18 am »
Or don't. Your time is yours to do with as you will, but I suspect individuals attracted to this forum come and stay out of some desire for knowledge, amusement, or a combination thereof. Thus a thread of amusements and knowledge (even if it's useless to some) does not seem out of place.

I think the subject of effective persuasion is something most people are completely oblivious to. It's not merely presenting a reasoned argument, but doing it in a sympathetic way. You can be absolutely right, but counter-productive at the same time. At that juncture, the listener may not feel you are correct but at least the problem wasn't in your presentation.

Injecting the insults into your speech will probably cause the listener/viewer to perceive the commentary as a negative appeal to emotion, a threat, and likely an unfounded notion. That's why I feel it's so important to steer clear of this in common speech/text.

Amusement at another's expense is just mental masturbation unless it was in the context where all involved were in on the joke, so to speak. If we're better than the Christians and other cults of conformity then we don't play the bully card even if we're smart enough to use it. If our ideas hold merit then they succeed on that -- there's no reason at all to shame, guilt, or make others feel stupid. If outsiders perceive us as a bunch of poison-fanged vipers they're not going to bother learning about the LHP because it isn't worth it to them at that juncture. They're just going to change their perception from, "That guy or gal is an asshole." to "All those LHP-types are assholes.", because our actions fit their analysis. Admittedly, my views on this are probably at odds with the mainstream of the LHP who think the asshole-ish behavior is perfectly fine but where I diverge it's simply in the spirit of the effectiveness of the communication. It's not that I haven't laughed at a few off-color comments or jokes.

And, though it has nothing to do with this post, might I suggest you stop using 8 point fonts (or smaller) on your text some people have 14" or less laptop/tablet screens and they're practically invisible.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 03:38:46 am by Mindmaster »

Kapalika

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 12:28:40 pm »
Well to me, saying I'm a jerk and on the side deserving some lex talonis. In my view, from a game theory perspective, to defect instead of cooperate when the other has cooperated, and then defect again when they forgive and cooperate again, is pretty bad.

Two tits for tat is the actual term. But if one acted that way and it's true, is it really an insult? All insults I could think of attack pride, but this is the one personally for me I'd hate the most, because it would mean I've acted as something I hate.

So.. perhaps calling someone a hypocrite?

Also, to point out one's flaws can be used to help them, not just attack them, worth noting. It all depends on how you say it and context.

* "Your behavior resembles that of an animal famed for its willfulness"

That is so specifically unspecific, I love it :D

You're edgy.

I don't like the "edgy" insult because it seems to be saying that you don't have something of substance to say, simply trying to push an aesthetic neutered of, or based on shock.
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

Liu

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 09:29:43 pm »
How would an involuntary reaction even differ from a voluntary one?

As an example: Let's say someone has an extremely stressful conversation with their boss and during the conversation they start crying. They don't want to be crying, yet they are. That's an involuntary reaction -- the person does not consent to the reaction occurring at that place and time, yet it happens anyway -- and would be commonly cited as a "lack of self-control".

By contrast: Let's say someone has an extremely stressful conversation at work, keeps it together for the rest of the day, then chooses to let themself cry when they get home. I'd say that's a voluntary reaction, since the person chooses the circumstances and in part the nature of the reaction (they might feel like shouting at someone as well as crying, but choose not to because they prefer not to have the consequences of doing so).

A large portion of "self-development" as I understand it involves gaining control of those involuntary reactions.
I see, thanks for explaining.
To me, self-development seems more about learning to release or re-channel such urges so that one won't even get into the situation where one would need to suppress them. But perhaps we mean the same thing.

Why I find it so difficult to relate that to insulting might perhaps be because I have a hard time remembering the last time I insulted someone or was insulted myself.
Sure, I sometimes insult people that are absent, but I don't normally say it in their face, except for in a joking manner or when I know someone well enough that they understand that I'm not criticizing them as a person but only a temporary, changeable aspect of them that needs improvement.
And sure, I have had my feelings hurt, but that much more typically is caused by words that are not phrased in the form of an insult.

Sutekh

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2020, 06:41:56 pm »
but what are your favorite insults to the character or personality of an insultee on the LHP?

1) "You may not like what I have to say, even though you show an interest in Satanism. Their are certain kinds that commit crimes and use the Satanic Philosophy for their crimes."

Half of this is true, but the other half isn't. Not everything isn't all peaches and cream, just like in any religion you have those who would consider themselves that label and practice their beliefs in some extreme ways. At the same time you never know if this 'Diabolical Satanist' puts himself out to be. The Satanic Panic which was exposed as inaccurate gives that clear uncertainty if that Criminal is true as that 'Diabolical Satanist,' or if he is just using it as an excuse.
"To achieve Xem, the Setian must perceive what he can of Xem, and must Become that
perception. He must incorporate the knowledge, understanding, and lessons of that perception
into the Setian's being. Remanifesting that ennobled state, the Setian will perceive more of
Xem, and will be able to Xeper further towards Xem. It is only through pursuit of this
repeating cycle of perceive / achieve that the initiate will eventually near and reach Xem"- Ruby Tablet of Set