Author Topic: Ether and Aura  (Read 48 times)

Melias

• O.S. Member
  • Non Omnis Moriar - Embracing the Aeon of XOR
    • View Profile
Ether and Aura
« on: March 25, 2020, 09:10:59 am »
I would like to ask people here what is their understanding of the aura/ether. Do they have any direct experience with it, ie healing hands, energy manipulation, chakra balancing etc? If it exists, where does it come from? Is it part of all matter, or part of living matter or part of sentient matter?

Liu

Re: Ether and Aura
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 08:11:52 pm »
Not any in-depth experiences and therefore not convinced that it exists anywhere outside of one's own mind.

I get some nice tingly feelings along my spine, especially when I listen to certain kinds of music or when I feel like my ego and my core personality are aligning especially well, and, to a lesser degree, when I do some qi gong- or kundalini-related meditations. But whether that has anything to do with those things you mentioned...

And when I do certain qi gong practices (like cloud-hands) and imagine manipulating a ball of energy, I get tactile sensations to that end. I encountered that as an argument for the existence of energy in the spiritual sense, but not convinced.

This guy teaches energy healing and intends to test it empirically: https://mikesententia.com/
But I think he doesn't have any large-scale results yet.

Melias

• O.S. Member
  • Non Omnis Moriar - Embracing the Aeon of XOR
    • View Profile
Re: Ether and Aura
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 05:15:55 am »
Yes, I think qi-gong certainly works with the aura/chi/qi/prana etc. So perhaps you are able to sense that, based on what you described. I would say aura is not so much spiritual energy, but more an energy that is a by-product of biological processes. It's closely associated with life, and even if it gets on certain inanimate objects, it tends to waste away and needs "recharging" (while living creatures always have it; in dying creatures, it dissipates quickly after death). I firmly believe that it's more on the area of the science-to-be-discovered and not so much on the side of spirit. Energy-consuming vampires (or better say, people acquiring sustainance through the absorption of the energy of other living beings) likewise feed on this aura/chi/qui/prana, and not on something mystical or astral.