Author Topic: feedback on me describing my beliefs?  (Read 224 times)

Kapalika

feedback on me describing my beliefs?
« on: July 20, 2017, 03:31:45 am »
I've recently started work on a blog/site I've wanted to do for a long time largely focused on music and my brand of Satanic Tantra. One of my first things was going about the difficult task of talking about my beliefs as a whole, which is actually pretty darn hard. Part of my target demographic is people like you guys and gals who are into the occult and Left Hand Path as it overlaps a lot with my practice.

I was hoping you guys might tell me what you did and didn't understand, what does and doesn't make sense and what seems redundant, out of place or irrelevant. If I was too specific or too broad. This monster of a post isn't what I plan to be typical but it was kind of necessary considering the scope of what I'm talking about and giving some context (context was kind of the point of it). Otherwise I could say basically what I am in a single paragraph but not very many people would know what all that means without assuming a lot.

I'm also wondering how the balance of Satanism vs Tantra comes across. I looked at the technical breakdown of word usage but  that doesn't always translate to what it seems more focused on. Hoping to get an opinion on that as well.

This is my second draft, clocking in at 2,863 words (I hope to chop that down where I can). I really need feedback. Plus, maybe you guys will get some insight into me or learn a thing or two  :mrgreen:

Quote from: Shamira's 2nd draft
So I had been bouncing around ideas for my first post on this site, what it should be about, what to cover... and every time I thought of something I felt as if the context of my own beliefs would cause my opinions to seem out of place or confusing. Why am I a Satanist, and a Tantric?  And why does this combination make sense and how do I explain that? Why choose the name Satan's Grace for the site? Things like that.

Basically, at the core I'm a nondualist. I recognize dualism as the emenational branching off of this nondual source that is neither monistic or dualistic (since it defies even the monistic-dualism duality). I developed this core belief with divination, as well as from the help of spiritual powers as a Satanist years ago. I had no knowledge of Hinduism, Tantra, or Shaivism beyond what tiny bit of misinformation I was taught growing up.

Later I would be introduced to Trika and although I didn't understand it at first, it fitted perfectly with the divination I had done in the past. Even as recent as of a couple of months ago I found an old discarded part of my old Satanic system that fitted perfectly within Trika.

Trika is often another name for Kashmir Shaivism but it tends to be used to refer to the specific beliefs pertaining to triads. Either the 3 Shaktis of Aparā, Parā, and Parāparā, the 3 truths of Shiva, Shakti and Aṇu, or it could refer to Jñāna, Icchā and Kriyā, or even for me I tend to think of Shiva, Kali, and Satan. I also heavily associate Trika with the 3 gunas of Sattva, Rajas and Tamas (I will get to Gunas further down).

In my opinion Trika shouldn't be used as a name for Kashmir Shaivism, of which I would also include the more ancient Kāpālikas, and distinguish Trika from Kaula and Krama. I seem to have elements of each in my beliefs, but all were distint practices and ways of looking at Tantric Shaivism. Unfortunately even then name Kashmir Shaivism is somewhat of a misnomer as today most adherents don't live in Kashmir, even though that is where it originated. Interestingly Kashmir Shaivism had a lot of cross influence with Tibetan Buddhism and you can see this in a lot of century's old art from Nepal depicting Shaivia deities, as well as even older Tibetan art that borrowed Shaivia deities like Bhairava and Kali.

A lot of what we know now of the past beliefs is credited to Lakshman Joo who helped revive it after six-hundred years of silence. And later others would come such as Jaidev Signh who would talk to those few authentic lineages still existing, to make sense of ancient scriptures like the Shiva Sutras of Vasugupta.

One of the principle ideas of Kashmir Shaivism is that one is Shiva, and that they realize this through Shakti, which is to say, one is God, and they realize this through their nondual nature with the Universe. Unlike many other forms of Hinduism the material world is very real. I've seen it described as "concrete monism" and other things like that. I wouldn't consider myself a monist but the comparison is apt when compared to a lot of dualistic beliefs or even typically monistic ones that hold that only the ideal (consciousness is real).

Now you might be wondering... where does Satan come into this? Well, you have to understand that to me Satan isn't distinct from this system. The 36 tattvas (aspects, realities) of Kashmir Shaivism fits very well with an old thing I called the Theory of Aspects as well with my old divination about spirits, demigods, deities and other manifestations. At the top of this system was what I called the "Meta-Satan" which I would now identify with nirguna. Guna means something close to "thread" and if you could imagine 3 properties that make up all of reality, it is said that the Gunas are those, Nirguna being the 4th one that is attributeless (or at least the most attributeless). The other three are Sattva or purity, truth, peace,  Rajas or passion, change, ego-centric, anger and Tamas or darkness, sleep, ignorance, laziness. At least that's how most people see those 3 Gunas. I see them more as Tamas being just Darkness, Rajas as being light-darkness and Sattva being as light. To me, it's also a case of Tamas being destruction, Rajas being creation and Sattva being stasis, along with so many other meanings I can't even think of them all.

A central part of my system I developed was a Yantra I divined long ago that I either call "The Satanic Yantra" or sometimes "The Puzzle Box". It can be configured/colored/drawn a lot of different ways but on this "Satan" is always seated in the middle with a pattern you are supposed to imagine going out to start the inwards pattern, although it looks more like a grid when you actually see it without the context. The movements imagined create what I call an "Opposition Map". "Opposition" is one of the most common translations of the Hebrew word for Satan, and fits well with how I often see this nondual essence, as inherently oppositional. This shows the flowing nature of nonduality creating duality that folds back in on itself, back to nonduality. This is the principle truth of the Yantra, that nonduality by it's nature creates duality to oppose itself, and then opposes it's opposing nature by folding back in to nonduality in a continuous cycle. Satan, in this respect, is the only truth, all encompassing, all embracing, all creating.

Seated in the center of this Yantra likewise would be what I would consider a simutanious reflection of the Meta-Satan as well as the individual self. To me, as a Satanist, a big part of my religion was self-deification and becoming a god. However, in Trika I realized that although one can become like a god, one's true nature IS God. This isn't done by some proccess where as one looses their identity, mind or selfhood. Rather in Kashmir Shaivism, unlike in Samkhya and Advaita Vedanta, the mind (or citta) becomes cit (universal conciousness). In this sense, one becomes Shiva / Satan with Shakti... or that is... the physical Universe as their expression (theoretically implying the greatest of magical powers although desire only for these powers makes them unattainable). I believe this is done through realizing one's nature with Shiva / Satan through nonduality with nature. Hence when Jaideva Singh says in his commentaries on the Shiva Sutras that 'one becomes Siva through Sakti'.

The nature of Shivagama deserves not just an entire article but an entire book on it, but I think I should note further that one's self identity is not lost in this process as is a misconception among some non-Hindus. While it might be in Samskhya in Kashmir Shaivism it's more like one's personality is multipled infinantely, not in that you take on other personalities but that your singular personality becomes infinite in the sense of realizing it's nature as divinity. This is seen as the "true" self that is simply in ignorance of it's nature. Shivagama is becoming Shiva in that you realize you were Shiva all along.

Maybe I'm not a typical Satanist. I started out as some kind of vague theistic one influenced by theist commentaries.  I saw their resources more as something to point me in a direction to figure it out for myself. I kind of settled on realizing I was a pantheist early on but I had some varying degrees of polytheism as well. I was aware of LaVey and identified with what some of he wrote but I remained a theist until after I became Hindu.

I think that my metaphysics as a Satanist is also what made the leap easier; after all Hinduism is basically kind of pantheism with soft-polytheism. Now days I would consider myself a non-theist. Although I have elements of many different -theisms I kind of see it in a more transtheistic kind of light, almost, at least in the sense that I see my beliefs as not exclusive to theism or atheism or rather that I can't be described as either and not really in a Tillich or Zimmer sense although early on those were at one time more applicable comparisons. If I were to be called a pantheist I normally wouldn't object.

I'm different than most pantheists, at least the ones who reject supernaturalism, in that I do recognize magical phenomena and the spiritual importance of deities and their worship. That might be however because Tantra is influenced by Yoga. Indeed I refer to Satan as one of my Ishvaras (personal deity or divine inspiration, Isvara has different meanings in some other Hindu religions). I also call Leviathan, Lilith, Lucifer, Shiva, Kali, Shakti, Laxshmi, Bhairava, Nataraja, and a bunch of others I can't think of at the moment, my Ishvaras. Basically, they are all a part of my personal pantheon.

Satanism to me, I would probably say is in every-day terms about perseverance and overcoming, challenging and meeting challenges, a primal source of energy and embracing the self (which works well with the very Kaula like beliefs I have). I really do see Satan in a very non-Christian and non-Muslim sense even though I see him principally as the enemy of Christianity and Islam and the harm it causes. I'm not too familiar with things like the Talmudic lore where it says he is Samael, the ruler of fifth heaven who's name means "venom of god" and all that but I am aware enough to feel the essence of him as a part of Rajas, at times Tamas.

Interestingly the ancient Jews and even today didn't believe in a devil figure, and not even Hell. They had the concept of Sheol (the grave) sure, but not Satan as something evil. In the Book of Job for example Ha-Satan (The Satan) was an arch angel, one of many that might take that title, doing his... Job... on behalf of Yahweh. In other parts of the Old Testament the same root word for "Satan" is used to mean opponent, thing in the way, or accuser. All of these meanings are pretty relevant to me when talking about something I call "Satanic" or Satan when not talking about the more cosmic kind of Satan such as Satan as a force or the Meta-Satan.

There are even some spirits, which I called "Satans" that would help me a lot. I hadn't heard from them but a few times as of the last year or so. At one point I figured they were close to Rakshasas which are Indian mythological anti-god like beings more generally known as Asuras. I tended to see them as mostly angelic however, and so not Asuras per se but in retrospect they probably were, as even some Asuras were honorable and good. They told me they served "a dead god" which I have taken at various times to possibly mean something along the lines of pandeism, but it also could refer to a self-sacrificing deity that I'm not yet familiar with.

Part of what I think makes Satanism and my form of Shaivism work is a lot of the general ideas from Kaula (Kulamārga) that is that of Aham ("heart", sounds like "I Am" doesn't it?), the idea of there being no pure or impure (the extreme Aghori sect who have heavy Kāpālika influence see it the same way), the focus on sacrifice, freedom, and the antinomian practices... all done in secrecy really resonate with me.

Kaula is a householder path, unlike many other Tantric paths that are ascetic. Meaning one can practice them while living a fairly "normal" life. Kaula is actually very tame in comparison, but still falls within what many other Tantric paths are known as, as Vamachara (Vāmācāra or Vāmamārga) which is modernly known by occultists as "Left Hand Path" although "Left Hand Attainment" or "Left Hand Way" are more literally correct translations.

I'm not Kaula however, the path requires you live with others in your spiritual "family" and that you defer to a Guru as a gateway to enlightenment. I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing although I recognize it's potential for abuse, but its' a little too much for me to swallow. However such a thing is easily avoided if they have truly achieved Shivagama OR one is to take on the ultimate Guru, Shiva.

The Left Hand Path is actually where a lot of bridging and common ground comes along for Satanism and Kashmir Shaivism. Not just with the self-deification but just generally with practice. As a Satanist I developed a sigil and invocation system very reminiscent of yantra and mantra work, in a very Tantric like ritualistic way although I had borrowed the general setup from LaVey and 2 or 3 different theists.

If you are not familiar with the Left Hand Path (LHP)... well it's an entire topic on it's own but it would suffice to explain that it is heterodox, often embracing or breaking taboos. It's somewhat extreme in comparison with the "Right Hand Path" (dakṣiṇācāra or RHP) and the real thing is considered dangerous for the uninitiated or at least those not prepared. A comparison my old teacher gave me, the one that introduced me to Tantra, was that of clinging to the right side of a mountain in your ascent. It was hard but sure in footing so long as you hugged close to it. But on the left side... a plunge off the mountain, to fly with the "Sky Dancers" (Dakini). His specific example was talking about Left Hand Path Vajrayana (Tantric Buddhism).

In that sense, the Right Hand Path is adherence to moral rules, to church organizations, to society and living in the world.  In a lot of ways the LHP is seen as evil, or at least black magic to those on the RHP. In India, Aghori are feared and said to be able to curse or bless people. Although perhaps they are more feared for their cannibalism and post-mortum rituals than anything else. The LHP isn't anti-society so much as it is removing one from it's influence, abandoning the rules for the "quick and dirty" method that although filled with hazards, pitfalls and dangers is the one that some people need.

The LHP is very contextual to taste, lineage, and context. I'm not really someone that goes well with orthodoxy, normal rules, or expectations. Satan and Satanism for me at this point is very much a way I practice the Left Hand Path. In the context of current-day America, Satanism is about as Left Hand Path as you can get. There is probably some greater reason I started straight off the bat with Satanism and what current-day, western occultists call "Greater Black Magick". A lot of my early work focused on Lilith and Succubi and even today that still holds a lot of sway over me. Spirit magic is one of my specialties along with sacrifices and divination.

I think it's important to note here, that although I've heavily reference Shaivism much more than Satanism... it's simply that Kashmir Shaivism so perfectly articulated most what I already believed in a much more mature system and so it's much easier to point to it was authority rather than my divination as a Satanist, although some holdovers are still there. I still remain agnostic about any Hindu rules for reincarnation but noteworthy is that even in my old Satanic system there was reincarnation but it isn't how it is in Hinduism. I also have a somewhat different view of Dharma (no good translation of that word into English) and morality than any conventional Hindu, although my views on Karma are pretty much spot on in the over-arching sense but I don't see them as rewarding or punishing. These differences I can pretty much attribute to Satanism since in the department of ethics, cause and effect and good and evil I'm very influenced by more Satanic thought. Curiously my views on this also line up with something my old friend told me, which is that Shiva had once said something to the effect of "I am beyond good and evil, but will ultimately do for you what you consider good."

I've attempted to write this article in a way that will give a general overview of my beliefs and some context, although I'm not sure if it's adequate or too lengthy. For sure, I will need to give a very specific overview of my "systems" within my beliefs. Strangely I've rarely talked about my beliefs as a whole, only in parts because the general awareness of different subjects is so central to make sense of what I'm saying often and I was hoping to first paint some very broad brushes with some comparisons to other beliefs but of course doing that catches so many subjects in it.

If you have any specific questions leave a comment and I can try to address them in a follow up.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 03:39:31 am by Shamira »
My Music and Blog // My Chatroom
My religion is Satanism & Trika via Vāmāchāra (LHP)
"God and the individual are one, to realize this is the essence of Shaivism.” - Lakshman Joo

Xepera maSet

Re: feedback on me describing my beliefs?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 07:56:52 am »
Very cool, I'll have to check this out after work today.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Sutekh

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 12:00:14 pm »
I have a question on Non dualism and dualism, they have been complicating definitions for me to soak in. When you say that you are a Non dualist in which I believe you consider yourself that way from reading some of your posts. Do you mean that you do not necessarily believe in opposites? I understand that dualism doesn't necessarily imply a good or evil it can imply everything I think that are opposites from each other. I guess Non dualism would imply no opposites?
"Our collective ambition is that the membership of the Order of the Serpent also serves as guardians of the Black Flame and collaborates with the Prince of Darkness in the Infernal Mandate of re-creating the Cosmos in the eternal glory of the Setian Will!"-Setamontet

Kapalika

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 06:20:22 pm »
I have a question on Non dualism and dualism, they have been complicating definitions for me to soak in. When you say that you are a Non dualist in which I believe you consider yourself that way from reading some of your posts. Do you mean that you do not necessarily believe in opposites? I understand that dualism doesn't necessarily imply a good or evil it can imply everything I think that are opposites from each other. I guess Non dualism would imply no opposites?

I tend to mean it in that way, that basically what is opposite is either arbitrary or the same thing expressed in two different directions. For example hot and cold are both temperature. I'm not a monist as I noted somewhere in there, since I recognize dualisms as emanating from a nondual source.

I focus on the term nondualism but technically this term is more precise:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emanationism

However there are some differences in details between my emenetaionism and the emenationism described there but the overall idea is the same. Also emenationism is a term much more associated with western occultism even though Hinduism in general tends to have this kind of idea as a feature in regards to deities. Nondual tantric shaivism has this apply to things that are not deities as well and as far as I could ever tell is more specific in that regard. In future blog posts on my site I will probably detail my older Satanic system's charts with this and compare it with a chart of the 36 tattvas and between the two where I stand now.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 06:23:25 pm by Shamira »
"God and the individual are one, to realize this is the essence of Shaivism.” - Lakshman Joo

Xepera maSet

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 07:23:56 pm »
I can't say a whole lot because my interest in Hinduism and it's connections to the LHP literally began yesterday. It would actually be cool to know some of the sources you've taken from so I can look into them :). I certainly think you fit the title of Satanist, without question. Yet I'm almost entirely unfamiliar with the vast majority of the Eastern concepts you discuss here.

This is a very good work in progress. Assuming you're like me with writing and rewriting out your beliefs, I'd recommend in the next draft you expand on certain concepts more, do a bit more defining, maybe throw in some history. I find this very fascinating, and a synchronistic sign that LHP Hinduism is my next course of study.

Have you read the works of Grant or Michael Beretiux (sp?)? I'm wondering how they relate, if at all, because I was thinking of grabbing the Voodoo Gnostic Workbook .

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

Kapalika

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 07:59:27 pm »
I can't say a whole lot because my interest in Hinduism and it's connections to the LHP literally began yesterday. It would actually be cool to know some of the sources you've taken from so I can look into them :). I certainly think you fit the title of Satanist, without question. Yet I'm almost entirely unfamiliar with the vast majority of the Eastern concepts you discuss here.

This is a very good work in progress. Assuming you're like me with writing and rewriting out your beliefs, I'd recommend in the next draft you expand on certain concepts more, do a bit more defining, maybe throw in some history. I find this very fascinating, and a synchronistic sign that LHP Hinduism is my next course of study.

Have you read the works of Grant or Michael Beretiux (sp?)? I'm wondering how they relate, if at all, because I was thinking of grabbing the Voodoo Gnostic Workbook .

I actually hadn't heard of Michael Beretiux before.

As for the rest thanks. I've tried to figure out some of the history but that's been going kinda slowly. I'm probably going to want to break down a lot of the expansion in different articles over time. I wanted to just get a bigger picture overall but it did occur to me I might need to do more translations of the concepts than I did. Part of the problem is that some of the words even with a translation, their meaning isn't apparent at first.

Kashmir Shaivism is kind of a weird thing. It's fairly obscure, having went underground sometime around 1200-1400 CE although because of the 20th century revival it's now on the map for academics in India. So ya, pretty obscure though. Most Tantric Shaivism is dualistic, and when you say Hindu Tantra most people will think of Shakta religions. Nondual tantric shaivism is thus somewhat fringe. But it's also where a lot of the LHP tantra comes from outside of Shakta.

Anyways come when I finish the post/article I'll get some sources on general information I've read before up for people to look into if they are interested. The hard part for me will actually be remembering Satanic sources. A lot of what I've done is somewhat unique to me although I can point towards what influenced me quite easily. I'll probably have to detail a lot of my past divination at some point for it to make sense.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:01:56 pm by Shamira »

Xepera maSet

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 08:01:48 pm »

I actually hadn't heard of Michael Beretiux before.

As for the rest thanks. I've tried to figure out some of the history but that's been going kinda slowly. I'm probably going to want to break down a lot of the expansion in different articles over time. I wanted to just get a bigger picture overall but it did occur to me I might need to do more translations of the concepts than I did. Part of the problem is that some of the words even with a translation, their meaning isn't apparent at first.

Kashmir Shaivism is kind of a weird thing. It's fairly obscure, having went underground sometime around 1200-1400 CE although because of the 20th century revival it's now on the map for academics in India. So ya, pretty obscure though. Most Tantric Shaivism is dualistic, and when you say Hindu Tantra most people will think of Shakta religions.

Anyways come when I finish the post/article I'll get some sources on general information I've read before up for people to look into if they are interested. The hard part for me will actually be remembering Satanic sources. A lot of what I've done is somewhat unique to me although I can point towards what influenced me quite easily. I'll probably have to detail a lot of my past divination at some point for it to make sense.

I look forward to it!

Kapalika

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 12:16:58 am »
I kind of decided that the 2nd draft was probably the best, I couldn't really leave out anything and relying on footers would of just made it more complicated. So  I cleaned it up some and broke it down with subheaders and corrected an error of translation (I translated the wrong meaning of guna in the context I used it).

Anyways this is the post: https://satansgrace.wordpress.com/2017/07/25/my-tantra-of-shiva-and-satan/

Right now satansgrace.com redirects to the site but I don't have a year's worth of hosting $$$ to cough up to make my domain name work fully with DNS so only satansgrace.wordpress.com links will work atm.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:44:27 am by Shamira »

Xepera maSet

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 03:06:56 pm »
[Admin bump]

Onyx

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 08:06:47 pm »
Updated link, the one in the last post doesn't appear to work anymore:

https://kapalika108.wordpress.com/2017/07/25/my-tantra-of-shiva-and-satan/

pi_ramesses

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 09:36:34 pm »
Updated link, the one in the last post doesn't appear to work anymore:

https://kapalika108.wordpress.com/2017/07/25/my-tantra-of-shiva-and-satan/

This was a good read. Thanks, @Kapalika ! It anticipates the philosophies of Hume and Kant, both of which I am in agreement with but for different reasons.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:16:57 pm by pi_ramesses »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

xx
What are your beliefs about Satan?

Started by Deidre on General LHP Discussion

63 Replies
Last post November 04, 2017, 10:00:00 pm
by King Mob
xx
Discussing Beliefs

Started by Xepera maSet on General LHP Discussion