Author Topic: Money  (Read 1937 times)

Melias

• O.S. Member
  • Non Omnis Moriar - Embracing the Aeon of XOR
    • View Profile
Re: Money
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2020, 12:04:01 am »
Ah I really like that seal! Well done, awesome purchase! Seems like fine execution in every detail.

Hapu

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2020, 01:39:16 am »
Today, by luck, i decided to go to the ATM, and when I saw my balance, something seemed off. Neurons fired, and I remembered I hadn't paid my credit cards, one of which had a payment due exactly today. I went home, fired up my laptop, and paid on the due date, preserving my stellar payment history.

Thanks Mammon.

Hapu

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2020, 10:07:40 pm »
This afternoon, by luck, I checked my mailbox - which is down the street - and lo and behold, the monthly account statement I would normally receive a week later had arrived this afternoon, the 27th. I had been planning to pay off the entire remaining balance upon receiving this particular statement, but I was a little worried that by the time my payment got processed, some silly morsel of interest would have accrued, and I would have to be bothered with this bill for one more month. (I have to pay this stupid thing with money orders, which means a monthly trip to the post office, which for me is an irritant.) It turns out that by luck I had taken off a half day from work this afternoon, and so, being free to do as I pleased, I checked the hours of the post office, and, by luck, there was just enough time for me to pull together the papers I needed, drive to the post office, and complete the necessary transactions. I feel confident I won't get hit with some silly little mouthful of interest.

Do you see what happened? Luck enabled me to achieve peace of mind regarding financial matters. The world of money is actually becoming responsive to how I feel.

Thanks Mammon!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 10:09:27 pm by Hapu »

Melias

• O.S. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2020, 02:13:54 pm »
Something really cool happened while implementing the link to Mammon.

First, it was the end of the month which was particularly difficult, and finances were low. Suddenly an influx due to come more than a week later came early, sorting me out. The other was, I was thinking very intently on 5 euro notes; like the dollar bill, they have this greenish hue which I like and as we all know, it has long been associated with money. Normally I don't get to see more than one or two of these notes due to going quickly for daily shopping. And I thought, wouldn't it be nice if I came home with a load of fivers? The day after (that is, today) it happened; through random exchanges I got eleven of those in my wallet!!! In all my years, this has never happened. I would get 4-5 at best, once every four years. But never 11 at the same morning, just after contemplating it before Mammon's altar!

(obviously someone can go to the bank and change money in order to get the fivers, but this defeats the point. The point is to happen naturally without forcing the issue, like true magic; the will provides the generative force but higher powers assist and the result takes place).

Thanks Mammon.

Hapu

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2020, 12:05:43 pm »
I'll be receiving several thousand dollars I wouldn't otherwise have gotten if a specific set of events had not occurred.

In the company I work for, annual bonuses are given, and pretty substantial ones. They're a function of gross pay and performance ranking. To get the highest ranking, you have to "walk on water," as we say in the company. There's also a quota. Less than 20% of all personnel can receive the highest ranking.

I was quite successful in my endeavors this past year, but another fellow in my work group, whom I'll name No Go, was even more successful. He would surely have gotten the highest ranking and I would not have. (My work group has more than five people but less than ten, and the nature of our work doesn't lend itself to the "walks on water" designation as readily as the nature of the work in some other groups, so typically, in my work group, only one person per year gets the highest ranking.) But then stuff happened.

No Go committed one of my company's cardinal sins. Nothing illegal, mind you, and not even unethical, but in the culture of my company, unforgivable. He was asked to take early retirement and he did so. Because of certain business virtues I happen to possess, I was asked to take over his work. (All of my prior work was handed off to other people.) Bear in mind, No Go had been doing his job for 15 years. He was one of the foremost subject matter experts in his area, and the only person in my work group who knew anything at all about his area, and he had documented practically nothing. Taking over his work has been quite the challenge.

So No Go is gone, and my year was pretty stellar, and I had taken over No Go's work. Can you guess who's getting the "walks on water" ranking? Yup. Right on the first try.

Several thousand dollars in my pocket.

Thanks Mammon!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 12:08:52 pm by Hapu »

Melias

• O.S. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2020, 01:49:59 pm »
During the last few days I've been having discussions about Mammon with some friends. In fact, two of them have been pleasantly surprised by what I told them, and their interest peaked. When I got home I did some more cosmetic adds-on to the portable altar of Mammon, and at the same night, a female friend offered me 10 US dollars as a gift! I said, what for? For your work with Mammon, she said. (She was one of the two that I informed them about working with Mammon) - even so, 10 bucks earned like this was definitely Mammon's doing.

Tnanks Mammon!

Hapu

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2020, 11:05:44 am »
I finally went shopping for a new office chair to replace the one that was damaged (see prior post up above in this thread). I found a chair that was even better suited to me than the one that had been damaged, and this one was marked down from $260 to $150, nearly half off. I bought it with the reimbursement money I'd gotten for the broken one ($299) which means I had a better chair than before and $149 in my pocket.

Thanks Mammon!

Melias

• O.S. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2020, 12:00:48 pm »
Last night was the second time this month a person I know gave me 20 euros simply because they liked me, without having to do anything to / for them. Both times it happened, I've been doing the entire focused formula regarding Mammon, and yes it happened again! That's a total of 40 euros without actually having to do anything more than being focused.

Thanks Mammon!

Onyx

« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2020, 12:08:41 pm »
Apparently I have around $100 in quarters alone. I don't like to carry around too much change in the pocket, so in effect I've been saving a little extra money without really thinking about it. I don't intend to change my habits, but rather will continue to fill up the piggy-bank, which can always be cashed out in a pinch.