Author Topic: The Mammon Mindset  (Read 81 times)

Hapu

The Mammon Mindset
« on: February 15, 2020, 11:48:19 am »
THE MAMMON MINDSET

From Hell or Heaven comes every soul. Know the Hellspawn by their conviction that the universe should serve man. How shall a sorcerer take control? If by empty promises and empty threats, then Moloch is the patron. If by force and animal terror, then Samael is the patron. But if by deals made and deals honored, then behold! Mammon, great Mammon, is the sorcerer's patron. Let quid pro quo be the solemn principle and glorious profit the measure of success. By MONEY shall you take control! And by sorcery and sound business shall money come your way!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 12:20:02 pm by Hapu »

Liu

Re: The Mammon Mindset
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 06:49:17 pm »
How shall a sorcerer take control? If by empty promises and empty threats, then Moloch is the patron. If by force and animal terror, then Samael is the patron. But if by deals made and deals honored, then behold! Mammon, great Mammon, is the sorcerer's patron. Let quid pro quo be the solemn principle and glorious profit the measure of success. By MONEY shall you take control! And by sorcery and sound business shall money come your way!
All these forms of control are control over other people. If it comes to that I would also opt for Mammonite means.
Yet what good are the means to power gained if you don't use them? What good is buying a book if you won't read it? What good is your paycheck if you don't know what best to spend it on?

My focus therefore is rather on gathering power in the form of knowledge which hopefully leads to wisdom. Sure Mammon helps me being able to do that, but I feel more inclined to thank Ronove, Shemyaza, Lucifer or whoever is in charge of that for my thirst of knowledge and ability to acquire it and to enjoy to do so and for even being able to apply it at times, and I also thank Satan for kindling my will in general and having his essence burn in my heart.

Melias

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 01:55:04 am »
@Liu : I think that we can thank every demon that we feel was instrumental at bringing us where we are now. I totally understand that; however I think that Hapu refers to the material plane where the Triumvirate of Moloch, Samael, Mammon take precedence. Not disregarding Satan, Lucifer and anyone else who might be truly King of Hell or High Luminary in erudition, as you said. But when it comes to the world of Matter, the aforementioned three have the reigns and use them.

idgo

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 02:24:03 am »
From Hell or Heaven comes every soul. Know the Hellspawn by their conviction that the universe should serve man. How shall a sorcerer take control? If by empty promises and empty threats, then Moloch is the patron. If by force and animal terror, then Samael is the patron. But if by deals made and deals honored, then behold! Mammon, great Mammon, is the sorcerer's patron. Let quid pro quo be the solemn principle and glorious profit the measure of success. By MONEY shall you take control! And by sorcery and sound business shall money come your way!

"The universe", the whole universe? Or just the universe of Man?

My self-proclaimed life purpose throughout my childhood was to take over the world. And then I took over some of the world, small parts and then larger, and controlled it, and experienced all of what it was to have such control. And from those experiences I concluded that being known to humans as their leader and ruler is, on the whole, of far greater inconvenience than benefit to me. Ruling others for the sake of ruling them does not please me. I have no qualms about controlling others as needed to attain the ends I find worthwhile, of course, but that control for its own sake and as an end in itself no longer appears to fulfill my aims.

Men can be threatened to control them; men can be forced or terrified; men can be bargained into submission. Moloch, Samael, and Mammon all reign well in the rarified universes created and inhabited by man. And any force that might work on oneself when applied from without works too when applied from within; Moloch, Samael, and Mammon hold sway in the Subjective as well as the Social realm.

But are the Social and Subjective realms all we mean, when we refer to "The Universe" as a whole? I'd say there's a third component: That horribly inconvenient "Nature" which most LHP philosophers do their utmost to enervate and decry and elide. Yet as the supplier of our bodies, their continuation, and their eventual demise, there's a fixed maximum distance to which those systems can ever be practically held at bay. Does control of *that* part of the universe flow through Moloch and Samael and Mammon? I'm not so sure. Control of the human systems which interface against those wild patterns certainly flows as all human control does, but control of Nature itself? Can you promise or threaten a field to bear grain? Can you terrify a tree into bearing fruit? Can any sum of cash applied directly to a hungry scavenger persuade it not to defile your corpse? There are persuasions which can elicit all those outcomes, but only through the most convoluted reasoning could those persuasions be attributed to any of the patrons you name.

Liu

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 10:36:52 am »

"The universe", the whole universe? Or just the universe of Man?

My self-proclaimed life purpose throughout my childhood was to take over the world. And then I took over some of the world, small parts and then larger, and controlled it, and experienced all of what it was to have such control. And from those experiences I concluded that being known to humans as their leader and ruler is, on the whole, of far greater inconvenience than benefit to me. Ruling others for the sake of ruling them does not please me. I have no qualms about controlling others as needed to attain the ends I find worthwhile, of course, but that control for its own sake and as an end in itself no longer appears to fulfill my aims.
Never desired that and it doesn't sound appealing. I'd rather to act behind the scenes.

But are the Social and Subjective realms all we mean, when we refer to "The Universe" as a whole? I'd say there's a third component: That horribly inconvenient "Nature" which most LHP philosophers do their utmost to enervate and decry and elide. Yet as the supplier of our bodies, their continuation, and their eventual demise, there's a fixed maximum distance to which those systems can ever be practically held at bay. Does control of *that* part of the universe flow through Moloch and Samael and Mammon? I'm not so sure. Control of the human systems which interface against those wild patterns certainly flows as all human control does, but control of Nature itself? Can you promise or threaten a field to bear grain? Can you terrify a tree into bearing fruit? Can any sum of cash applied directly to a hungry scavenger persuade it not to defile your corpse? There are persuasions which can elicit all those outcomes, but only through the most convoluted reasoning could those persuasions be attributed to any of the patrons you name.
Therefore, hail Belial, ruler of the physical plane! (and hail Shemyaza etc. for helping us figure out how to deal with it and hail Leviathan for our subconscious connection to the physical plane).

Know the Hellspawn by their conviction that the universe should serve man.
This conviction can lead to 3 problematic conclusions:
Resignation: "Things don't happen in a way that serves me no matter what I try and I can't bear it if not everything is perfect, I may as well just give up" - that leads to depression and not recognizing the good parts for what they are.
Entitlement: "Things don't happen in a way that serves me, but they should, I shouldn't have to put any work into that." - similar to the previous, may alternate with it.
Self-Delusion: "Everything happens exactly like it should leading to the best outcome for me and I needn't change anything in my behaviour" (except it doesn't) - nice as long as it works, but once the delusion breaks, one is left with much less than one would be if one would have been more honest with oneself and acted accordingly.

Melias

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 01:53:10 pm »
@idgo : I would posit that it applies to any system governed by Sapientia (Logic, reason, wisdom, intelligence), whether it is human or alien possessing intelligence and some form of civilization. Nature as you describe it is indeed a force that many seem to ignore; I don't. I respect it but at the same time, it's a like a sandbox, that can be malleable when the right will, energy, work and ideas are applied. A storm might be devastating to a house, but it's nothing to a shelter. A fire can attack wooden structures but against concrete will soon be defeated. The weather might be most important for agriculture and for travelling, but with the right sort of technology (ie special greenhouses, improved seeds, ideal packaging methods and transportation that conserves the product) its impact can be lessened.

Most of Nature's forces can be worked with, with very few exceptions being an asteroid out of space too large to be blasted by nukes, or a volcano or massive earthquakes spawning tsunamis. Nearly everything else can be dealt with appropriate scientific methods, respect and will. Just because we use science though, this does not exclude the spiritual entities we mentioned earlier. Samael will still provide the nukes to blast the asteroid or the explosives to divert a firestorm or the weapons needed to combat pests. Mammon will still provide the enormous cash flow needed to the scientific projects, all the investments into Research and Development or to promote construction works as a line of defense against the elements. And Moloch may group together people with similar mentality and religious denomination to give the manpower necessary to put the work behind such desperate measures (examples of this are seen in third world countries, lacking in funds and tech, and making it up through human labor). So in a world of Man, the social and subjective realm of Matter and its patrons reign supreme.

@Liu : this conviction may indeed lead to these three problematic conclusions as you suggested, but it can also lead to six more positive conclusions as well. It all depends on how the paradigm is used.

1. Expansionist collonianism: this is the mentality that will govern Earth during its second Space Age, when it will start sending shuttles into other worlds to establish colonies. Unless viewed in this way, early settlers will suffer defeat through the many obstacles facing them, so it's an excellent way to provide a moral boost.
2. Egoistic Imperative: I shall serve the "I" more than I will care whether I'm entitled or not. Being unscrupulous isn't the first time in human history when defining a way to lead, and if you consider most historical leaderships, they most certainly were driven by selfish goals.
3. Consumerism: adopting the traditional Mammonite ideas to barter, deal, expand, buy and sell on demand etc will fuel the people's needs and in turn the Industry to supply to them. Everybody wins.
4. Tactical outmaneuver of the proponents of Religiosity. Instead of dogma taking center stage when it comes to the universe, Mammonite perspectives allow a man-serving, man-defining construct that will not hamper progress while at the same time lessening the impact of intolerance by religious institutions in this modern age.
5. The Sorcerer's Lie - as long as one remains self-aware, this self-delusion that you mentioned can be easily countered through ongoing evolution of self and ideas; use what works, discard what doesn't.
6. Empowering Mentality - the triumph of the positive mind in achieving goals and in modifying the world and seeing results will be more than enough to combat any sign of depression; why resign if you can make it work? And if you can't, there are reasons that can be identified, and with the right mindset and resources, it can be made to work. Nobody lose apart from those that are eternal victims, believing that no matter what they are powerless and hopeless. But this is a case for medication, and not philosophy or spiritualism.

Liu

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 06:36:26 pm »
3. Consumerism: adopting the traditional Mammonite ideas to barter, deal, expand, buy and sell on demand etc will fuel the people's needs and in turn the Industry to supply to them. Everybody wins.
Consumerism doesn't seem like a win-win situation to me considering how most people don't really know what they need.

5. The Sorcerer's Lie - as long as one remains self-aware, this self-delusion that you mentioned can be easily countered through ongoing evolution of self and ideas; use what works, discard what doesn't.
Yes, it can also be utilized to fuel a sorcerer's lie - if that lie implies that one needs to keep growing, one should be more or less on the safe side.

6. Empowering Mentality - the triumph of the positive mind in achieving goals and in modifying the world and seeing results will be more than enough to combat any sign of depression; why resign if you can make it work? And if you can't, there are reasons that can be identified, and with the right mindset and resources, it can be made to work. Nobody lose apart from those that are eternal victims, believing that no matter what they are powerless and hopeless. But this is a case for medication, and not philosophy or spiritualism.
Doubting that one can achieve everything does not automatically imply a clinical depression - it's all a scale.

Melias

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 06:57:41 pm »
@Liu :

on (3) : whether someone knows or not, it doesn't alter the truth of the statement. If most people in a room are blind, that won't change the fact that the light is lit or not. And in any case, people who wish to evolve learn to develop and have this as an ongoing process for the rest of their lives, so given more time, they might get to know better what they need or not.

on (5) : yes, because whatever stagnates, ends up dying. If the paradigm allows for ongoing evolution and growth, it is good and valid.

on (6) : Indeed, it doesn't imply a clinical depression but the end-point is certainly that. The scale you mention is true, but there has been sufficient clinical evidence that people that developed depression had preceding negative mental schemata and consistently displaying negative ideation and low mood for months, if not years before they were diagnosed. Their scale could be all shades of grey and black, totally colorless. So it's best to cut it close to the bud, because the more one allows the cycle of negative thinking and feeling, the worse it becomes over time.

Etu Malku

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2020, 10:08:14 pm »
My two cents:
The Aramaic Mammon was known in Arabian lore as Maymun Abu Nuh (ميمون أبانوخ "Prosperous, father of Rest") and Maymun as-Sahab (ميمون السحاب "Maymun of the Clouds”)  and is a chieftain of the djinn. His day is Saturday and is thus ruled by Saturn. Al-Buni, describes Maymun as “the winged one”, “the black one” and “the executioner”. Maymun is the only flying djinn and controls the growth of gold within the earth, He rules over material wealth and will take the form of a winged behemoth whose feathers are that of gold and crimson, with a horrifying face and long pointed beard, His eyes are viridescent and He has elongated, sharp canine teeth, the ears of a goat and the horns of a bull. When Maymun is envoked He appears within a sky of black clouds and red fire, carrying a human body.
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Hapu

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 10:56:21 am »
The universe is ALL, the ultimate macrocosm, the sum total of absolutely everything, outside of which is absolutely nothing.

Etu Malku

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 12:06:48 am »
The universe is ALL, the ultimate macrocosm, the sum total of absolutely everything, outside of which is absolutely nothing.
Aside from disagreeing with you, what has this to do with Mammon?
IAMTHATIAMNOT