Author Topic: pi_ramesses - A Setian Journal  (Read 349 times)

pi_ramesses

pi_ramesses - A Setian Journal
« on: July 12, 2017, 10:25:51 pm »
Hello all,

There is something that I would like to draw your attention to. I stumbled upon it via Tumblr while perusing the Internet. The link is:
http://setemheb.tumblr.com

Looking back, I suppose it was in virtue of such perusals that I am currently writing a paper to submit to the O.S. I recall gleaning through Reddit on topics such as Platonism and Setianism, which brought me here. For this I am grateful. Since then, I have come across a number of resources of which I had not heard mostly originating from this forum. As a commemoration, I am currently considering to supplement or augment my diary via the use of a personal blog. While I could start said blog at another domain, my first vehicle of choice to set this up is clearly this forum. I am looking forward to the future and a flourishing and a refining of the Self.

Xeper and Remanifest!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 06:16:48 am by pi_ramesses »
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra
Nylfmedli14

pi_ramesses

pi_ramesses - SJ2
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 07:27:36 pm »
It occurred to me previously that if I am to implement journal entries effectively, it must be consistent and somehow coherent to me. Descartes did not arrive at the cogito without having a method down. Consider this the Setian method for me. Notwithstanding changes in grammar, I elected to lift some guidelines from Don Webb's Uncle Setnakt's Essential Guide to the Left Hand Path. Note that it also says in the book to guard diary entries as one would your ATM pin number. So far I have only disclosed whatever I feel not to be a detriment to me at my discretion. Far be it the case that I would share such ideas outside of O. S. Most people in the profane world are not receptive to it. This is also partly why I do not elaborate on rituals much - at least not while I'm undertaking it. At some point, it is my intention to add a medial layer which I will construe as my personal blog. Anyway, back to Uncle Setnakt:

The contents in this journal are meant to help me extract my development from the restless surge of life. Its contents are as follows:

• A description of what I want to achieve. This includes my material goals, my career goals, my magical goals, the initiatory values I wish to possess, and the type of person I want to be.
  • A list of all of my good qualities entitled "Innate Patterns to Develop More Fully"
  • A list of all of my bad qualities entitled "Hindrances to My Power". These must be brutally honest.

Furthermore, at least four days a week, entries will be made. Anything may be written from fears and failures to my brightest triumphs but at least four things must be written:

• Something I did to further my goals.
  • My best thought or breakthrough.
  • Something I did to eliminate, weaken, or modify a bad habit.
  • Something I plan to do in the immediate future to further my fields.

Bonus: All magical operations that I do as well as any results I note from them. Particularly vivid dreams and meaningful synchronicity should go here.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 06:17:35 am by pi_ramesses »
Nylfmedli14

pi_ramesses

pi_ramesses - SJ3
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 08:28:34 pm »
A summary of a journal entry written on February 24, LI ├ćon of Set. Some targets have been met. Others remain to come to fruition.

• A description of what I want to achieve. This includes my material goals, my career goals, my magical goals, the initiatory values I wish to possess, and the type of person I want to be.

Material: to eschew from harm in the form of sickle cell crisis by prolonging my 2 year record (1g of hydroxyurea  and 500 mg of folic acid each day seems to be beneficial but ideally some form of gene therapy to eliminate it entirely would be nice); to ditch my eyeglasses and contacts in the next few years via Lasik; and to purge my clothes and adopt aesthetic minimalism. Black or monochrome articles preferred.

Career: to transition from current lab technician position to preferred software engineer or developer role; HTML/CSS, JavaScript preferred from coding bootcamp. Data science also a valid alternative. In essence, more money after taxes without accruing more debt through "higher education".

Magical: to demonstrate maturity in handling the aforementioned; apply for membership in an Initiatory Order. May or may not be the Temple of Set; to explore some rituals (Tarot readings, destruction rituals, sigils, and eventually a Grand Initiation). 

Initiatory values: quantifiable pride; openness; moderation; and cunning. This implies the elimination of their corresponding vices: hubris; despair; attachment to the thoughts of another; and emotional servitude.

The type of person I wish to be: to be the opposite of my current state of being; to be decisive without duplicity or hesitation (intuition); to know myself down to the subconscious level; to recall dreams and interpret them after I wake up; to be more concise in speech and writing yet make strong observations concerning the world as it relates to me; to be fully awake and to recognize magic wherever it may be.

• A list of all of my good qualities entitled "Innate Patterns to Develop More Fully"

Quantifiable pride; openness; moderation; cunning; to smile more (a good friend who is also my coworker told me this); my attitude (I need to attenuate my state of existentialism and nihilism down).

• A list of all of my bad qualities entitled "Hindrances to My Power". These must be brutally honest.

Not keeping promises and confidence, especially to myself; speaking more than is warranted; profane speech; lack of self-discipline; lashing out; eating fast food; the aforementioned vices; fear of unknown rather than framing it as an opportunity; verbal aggression; auto-poisoning activities (alcohol); occasional lack of sensitivity especially on political issues.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 06:18:06 am by pi_ramesses »
Nylfmedli14

Setamontet

Re: Nylfmedli14 - A Setian Journal
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 11:01:21 am »
I almost forgot, it is the LI (51st) year of the AEon of Set (AES).  And is the beginning of the nine year Magical cycle of reaction to the previous nine years of action.  The Magical cycle of nine years of action followed by nine years of reaction ad infinitum is expounded by Anton LaVey in the final chapter of the "Satanic Rituals" - "The Unknown Known".

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

pi_ramesses

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 03:19:14 pm »
I almost forgot, it is the LI (51st) year of the AEon of Set (AES).  And is the beginning of the nine year Magical cycle of reaction to the previous nine years of action.  The Magical cycle of nine years of action followed by nine years of reaction ad infinitum is expounded by Anton LaVey in the final chapter of the "Satanic Rituals" - "The Unknown Known".

Fascinating stuff. I suppose that makes sense coupled with the information that the Order of the Trapezoid started in the CoS.
Nylfmedli14

Setamontet

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 08:44:39 am »
The Order of the Trapezoid has always interested me.  It began in the early CoS as a priesthood only order, and later on in the early 1980's became the first official and functioning order within the ToS open to all members II*+.  Re-established by Michael Aquino as a result of his "Wewelsburg Working".

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:04:51 am by Setamontet »

"Arise in your glory, behold the genius of your creation, and be prideful of being,
for I am the same - I who am the Highest of Life." - The Word of Set

pi_ramesses

Re: pi_ramesses - A Setian Journal
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 07:32:24 pm »
It's a funny synchronicity that I was messaging someone earlier on LinkedIn about babbling and obsessing and I read Xepera's entry on this. Somewhere in the midst of the conversation, that person said:
"It's not about religion, it's about God. You have to ask yourself what you want in life and go for it."

-Man X

Whereupon, I proceeded to project more babbles and obsessions towards him. But I ended it something along the lines of this:
"You're right. It's about God. We just ascribe different meanings to the term. Everything about you indicates to me that you have a strong Will."

-pi_ramesses

What a distinctly Setian thing for Man X to have said. And yet he failed to see the logical inconsistency between his first and second sentence. How can you go for what you want in life when it's about God and not you? You must dissolve your identity for God's sake and then begin to identify with God. Perhaps the inconsistency genuinely isn't there for him. Or he is a walking contradiction to the very end. Who knows?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 06:24:13 am by pi_ramesses »
Nylfmedli14

pi_ramesses

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 07:10:11 am »
The only exception where it is possible for one to go for what one wants and for it to be about God: the devotee truly desires their dissolution.
Nylfmedli14

pi_ramesses

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 07:41:08 pm »
I won't be celebrating Christmas or New Year. The origins of these holidays society perpetuate and winter solstice has been on my mind. There is an event occurring locally by a certain lodge on December 17 called the rite of Saturnalia. I will be there to experience it for myself. And perhaps I'll wear a pileus.
Nylfmedli14

pi_ramesses

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 08:55:20 pm »
It was quite chilling today. Autumn is upon us. I had an awesome lunch today. I sat down for coffee with someone that I wanted to network with. It was spectacular and I came out of it learning something. Lots of things actually. I had a laptop so I was highlighting some projects of which I had worked on. I had the O.'.S.'. forum opened in one tab and so he asked me about it. I told him about how I encountered it and how I have been bringing about change ever since. He talked about his own religious experience - of growing up Catholic, falling out of it in freshman high school and coming back to faith. It was all quite interesting and I was happy about how it ended on a good note. He had reached out to me because he was interested in opening a 24/7 access workspace. I agreed that I could be more productive in a setting with other developers so he should count me in. There is a spring to my step. I'm just elated.
Nylfmedli14

pi_ramesses

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 06:58:26 pm »
I finally got around to setting up the blog that is freely available via the O.S. forum. I expect to post ruminations there similar to the journal format.
Nylfmedli14

Xepera maSet

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 07:56:53 pm »
When it's all up and good to go, feel free to make an announcement thread for it.
AKA: Three Scarabs, 1137

"You look up into the night sky - whether as a child or an adult - and if you open yourself honestly, then it is a gateway to mystery, to the unknown."

pi_ramesses

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 07:59:03 pm »
 :thumbsup:
Nylfmedli14

pi_ramesses

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 04:19:22 pm »
It was quite chilling today. Autumn is upon us. I had an awesome lunch today. I sat down for coffee with someone that I wanted to network with. It was spectacular and I came out of it learning something. Lots of things actually. I had a laptop so I was highlighting some projects of which I had worked on. I had the O.'.S.'. forum opened in one tab and so he asked me about it. I told him about how I encountered it and how I have been bringing about change ever since. He talked about his own religious experience - of growing up Catholic, falling out of it in freshman high school and coming back to faith. It was all quite interesting and I was happy about how it ended on a good note. He had reached out to me because he was interested in opening a 24/7 access workspace. I agreed that I could be more productive in a setting with other developers so he should count me in. There is a spring to my step. I'm just elated.

A quick update on this. Since then, I have met with my first point of contact twice. The second time, we met at a cafe and we brainstormed on the architecture for a comparative religion app that he wants me to develop with his help. I also looked at the 24/7 cowork space that we will divide between 5 developers. And most likely, we will be getting daily shipments of coffee from a shop in the same block called Heavenly Cup. Our landlord is Mr. Aumiller, who owns a gun shop in the cellar or ground floor, depending on how you look at it. He will draft the lease by tomorrow and we should have the keys for November. We have hardwood floors now. I need a desk!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:10:40 pm by pi_ramesses »
Nylfmedli14

pi_ramesses

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2017, 08:55:31 pm »
Someone pointed this out to me two days ago on a rainy day. It was a downtrodden snake or perhaps skin peeled off. I think it's the former.

Anyway, I came back when it was dry and took a picture of it. Perhaps it can be repurposed for an icon in a newsletter?
Nylfmedli14

xx
Not a Setian?

Started by Xepera maSet on General LHP Discussion

8 Replies
Last post June 15, 2017, 09:08:54 pm
by Kapalika
xx
Setian Esotericism

Started by Setamontet on General LHP Discussion

9 Replies