Author Topic: A Bag of Olive Thought  (Read 459 times)

pi_rameses

Re: A Bag of Olive Thought
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 10:48:36 pm »
Right you are the Jinn are the Djinn.

I thought it was super interesting to see my old drawing of 5 coins, as I was using 5 blessed silver coins to honor your number (5).

That sounds like a marvelous dream indeed. Sometimes I feel that way in waking.

If you do end up finding a matching symbol, that'd be cool to know. I'm not sure if you're into numerology but that long number is actually the one I posted in the shoutbox asking for help decoding some months ago.

Thanks for offering some feedback, I'd love to know if any of this comes back to you in an interesting way. It's always nice to have an opportunity to see how my light is refracted through the prism of another practitioner. Blessings upon you. 🌖

Sure will
Pro omnis dominos viae sinistra, sic itur ad astra

Olive

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 11:04:17 pm »
The star-like sigil in attachment 5 contains a prominent pentagram. (5) It has two long lines intersecting it on either side, making 7, our minor number, and the total number of images pulled. There's also a strong repeating 3 element with the dots and the 3-pronged shape at the bottom.

The second sigil on that page has 5 major lines. (I'm counting 4 separate lines making the shape on the left, and the last one being the circumference of the big circle.) It is orbited by a moon of two lines (Moon and halo), again producing 5 and 7. And then there are apparently 3 pyramids or triangles floating to the right, bringing the 3 back into the picture. It seems 3 is an incidental number occurrence. (There are also 3 panels in the comic, for instance; and 3 words defined in attachment 6)

The long number string I couldn't decode contains two fives, and five twos, again giving us our 5 and 7. The total amount of digits used is 14, broken down into two sets of fives (the count of 1s and 2s), and two sets of 2 ( 1+1, and 2). In other words  5 + 5 + 2 + 2 = 7 + 7 = 14

Just pointing out some stuff that jumped out to me.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:06:08 pm by Olive »
    Art thou pale for weariness
Of climbing heaven, and gazing on the earth,
     Wandering companionless
Among the stars that have a different birth, -
And ever-changing, like a joyless eye
That finds no object worth its constancy?

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

pi_rameses

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 11:16:00 pm »
Ok. I recognize the pentacle sigil as symbolizing Astaroth. It's only in Abra-Melin by name. Aside from the Internet, the sigil itself would be in the Lesser Key of Solomon.

I actually did not know most of these tidbits from Wikipedia:

According to some demonologists of the 16th century, August is the month during which this demon's attacks against man are stronger. According to Sebastien Michaelis, he is a demon of the First Hierarchy, who seduces by means of laziness, self-doubt, and rationalized philosophies. His adversary is St. Bartholomew, who can protect against him for he has resisted Astaroth's temptations. To others, he teaches mathematical sciences and handicrafts, can make men invisible and lead them to hidden treasures, and answers every question formulated to him. He was also said to give to mortal beings the power over serpents.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:47:24 pm by pi_rameses »

pi_rameses

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2018, 03:07:34 am »
I'm curious. Have you ever done any trataka using the moon as a point of focus in those meditations?

Olive

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2018, 02:05:05 pm »
Yes, many times. :)

It is almost natural to do. The moon is so stunning that when you get a good view of her, she invariably brings the mind to stillness - even if just for a moment.
     Wandering companionless

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Olive

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 09:00:23 pm »
06/03/18  -  Waxing Crescent

It's been a little while since I've posted here. I've made incredible progress in secret places. Again I met the Devil and again I turned him away. I'm shedding more and more weight by the day - reaching my hand towards the uncreated chaos, my true mother. She has permeated my essence; even my body is almost nothing more than a breeze in the evening. I am the apparition of a white and solemn princess, refusing union with any except the highest and hidden. I sing the ancient song of the pale lady, though none will stop to hear it. Always do I reach full power in Autumn, but never have I been in such a state of fullness before. I just might overflow before harvest time. The enemy is coming to me in waves; I have foreseen it, but they will not break my spirit. Let it be known. Madonna Oriente

Sharing several more of my little pieces. I'm not at all sure if anyone is able to get anything out of these, but here are a few automatic line drawings, and two more intentional recordings.

Wandering companionless

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

Olive

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2018, 04:05:48 am »
06/06/18 - Waxing Crescent

A painting someone made for my birthday - she has no idea just how many times I have been in that exact position.

If anyone has a good eye for stars, you might recognize a few constellations.
     Wandering companionless

-Percy Bysshe Shelley

pi_rameses

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2018, 09:47:58 am »
I see the Dipper, Leo and perhaps Draco.