Author Topic: Apep  (Read 425 times)

Elric44

Apep
« on: November 26, 2019, 04:43:49 pm »
I'm confused. It is said that Apep is to be overthrown. It is said that he isn't a chaos like Set but more like illusion. It is said that even Set fought him, but there is a Setian order called "The Order of Apep". They are saying they are Setian.
What is the Setian position about Apep?

MRT

Re: Apep
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 04:45:37 pm »
Good question since Don Webb says something similair in his book with Judith Page.
There he says that Apep is a form or Set if i understand correctly

Km Anu

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 09:59:43 am »
Opinions are varied. Setian practitioners within and without the ToS generally view Apep as a manifestation of mindless natural process. So while Set posses chaotic qualities (moreover he is an agent of chaos in relation to whoever or whatever process he is imposing his will upon) he is not chaos itself, nor is he order. Apep displays a similar apathy towards humanity. He just is, doesn't give a shit about us. Thus as Set-Horus facing Apep down as he is about to swallow the sun, Set, the isolate intelligence, the outsider, the individual, the victor, the fighter, the unification of his own passions, faces an uncaring world intent on swallowing his light/life. He must kill it to continue to experience time.

Setamontet is likely more qualified to provide a more accurate ToS explination, these are of my own revelation from my own work.

Xepera-maSet

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 02:03:05 pm »
I'm confused. It is said that Apep is to be overthrown. It is said that he isn't a chaos like Set but more like illusion. It is said that even Set fought him, but there is a Setian order called "The Order of Apep". They are saying they are Setian.
What is the Setian position about Apep?

Apep isn't really overcome or destroyed, he's part of an endless cycle of overcoming nonexistence and the victory of initiation. Apep more represents the primordial chaos, where Set is the chaos of the LHP, questioning and mixing things up and throwing wrenches in plans.