Author Topic: Ahoy  (Read 376 times)

NatTheWarlock

Ahoy
« on: November 24, 2019, 02:53:31 am »
Hello,

Sort-of-thelemite here, just getting into it. I also have a strong interest in Setianism and am a former-ish theistic Satanist (mostly, I've just put that off to the side while I work on Thelema and other magick).

Thanks!
-Natalie

Km Anu

• O.S. Member
  • Never will his wrath or might extort from me
    • View Profile
Re: Ahoy
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 08:31:28 pm »
Welcome!

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-founder | OSM Founder
  • Administrator
  • uab Nekhekhu (Priest of the Old Gods)
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 10:27:31 pm »
I look forward to your presence here!

I have Come Into Being like Set
Prince of Darkness
Soul of the Heavenly Serpent
Separator who contends against Osiris for Eternity

Frater Sisyphus

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 03:22:03 am »
Hello,

Sort-of-thelemite here, just getting into it. I also have a strong interest in Setianism and am a former-ish theistic Satanist (mostly, I've just put that off to the side while I work on Thelema and other magick).

Thanks!
-Natalie

Great to hear and welcome!  8)

93/93
"Whoever adheres to the ruler [of the state] will be tempted away from the right course, and the closer one gets to the ruler the further away one is from God" - Prophet Muhammad (a.s.)

Onyx

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 04:46:34 pm »
In my estimation, there is some overlap between Setian Philosophy and Thelema, as both are focused on the Will and include the rejection of conventional religious thought.

As reflected in our Statement, we are about Self-Directed Self-Evolution. To that end, we welcome you to be part of our mutual interest in the ultimate Truth of Being.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 04:48:59 pm by Onyx »

NatTheWarlock

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 08:35:23 pm »
In my estimation, there is some overlap between Setian Philosophy and Thelema, as both are focused on the Will and include the rejection of conventional religious thought.

As reflected in our Statement, we are about Self-Directed Self-Evolution. To that end, we welcome you to be part of our mutual interest in the ultimate Truth of Being.

That’s some good stuff there. I’m more a chaos magician, so the self-directed self-evolution is right up my alley. I’m taking steps back from a direct religion and going more eclectic personally, but this Order really appeals to me