Penpals

• 7 Replies

MRT

• View Profile
Penpals
« on: November 22, 2019, 05:40:25 pm »
As a solitary practitoner i've found it very hard to make good, loyal and trustworthy connections in the world of magic and the occult.
The path of the black sorcerer is known to be a lonely path but however, having contact with like minded individuals can always be profitable for your progress, even when you're not a part of an order or coven.

So i had this idea by a similair thread on Goodreads about Penpals, for people like us, in a good old fashion way making contact via letters (or email or so)

Any thoughts?
Even maybe any interest?

Km Anu

• Speaker for the Dead
    • View Profile
Re: Penpals
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 06:52:55 pm »
Excellent Idea!

I dont have time in my life for a new penpal atm, but I'm always available if anyone has questions about anything. Feel free to message.

This kind of interpersonal connection keeps the O.S close to its purpose, good work  :thumbsup:

MRT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 09:34:48 pm »
Ah great to hear!
So if anybody is willing, i am very open for request!

idgo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 01:05:36 am »
In what ways would you expect a digital penpal system to differ from the extant system of journal threads?

Km Anu

• Speaker for the Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 07:02:30 am »
In what ways would you expect a digital penpal system to differ from the extant system of journal threads?

The implied intimacy of a regular penpal sounds like a closer working situation.

MRT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 09:04:11 am »
what @Km Anu says.
The atmosphere of the more intimitate contact can open doors to different ways of expression, maybe even more room to recapitulate about things.

Not just digital, also written letters with, for example the use of magical inks...

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 04:25:37 am »
I really love this idea, and I agree it can be very lonely down this LHP we follow; I can't really talk about it on a personal level with anyone in my life which I've accepted and it's fine, but I like the idea of sending letters over email, it's more personal imo.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~Ernest Henley

Onyx

• O.S. Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 01:33:44 pm »
When it comes to the importance of communication, I like these thoughts from @Setamontet:

http://orderoftheserpent.org/forum/index.php?topic=518.msg4437#msg4437

And also when it comes to in-depth discussion, I prefer the old-school "bulletin board system" format we basically have here.

I've spoken on the phone with several people who have visited this place and think it's an excellent way to communicate and throw ideas around. Though some phone-tag is inevitable, if anyone wants to "shoot the breeze" please email thedarkpath666@yahoo.com and I'll get back to you with my phone number.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 01:41:40 pm by Onyx »