Author Topic: my first ever DJ show and a moment of magic  (Read 80 times)

Kapalika

my first ever DJ show and a moment of magic
« on: November 01, 2019, 06:34:58 am »
there was maybe 3 dozen different people I saw, nothing huge, a friend working at the local LGBT center asked me to for their Halloween event.

I posted some photos on my facebook page (have a few more too and video but kept that on my personal page for privacy) but the most interesting one I wanted to show was the one below.

My friend who had me do the DJing asked how i had "lit up" the copy of Simon's Necronomicon and I was dumbfounded, but saw an opportunity and said "black magic!" right as a darn person who had been hanging all day pointed out that the light just lit it up. I was surprised as I had placed the book down long before the main lights went off, let alone before the strobe light came on.

Well lo and behold later when I look at my pictures... indeed whenever it changed from red lights to blue and green, one of the green lights PERFECTLY lit up the sigil. I just put it there with the cobwebs and a couple of other things to complete the spooky look (since the name evokes Lovecraft) for the spooky setlist... little did I know there might of been some form of real, subtle magic going on haha

Admin Note: I fixed the Facebook link, and since the image is a link (rather than an attachment), if you want to see the full-resolution of the image just right-click and select "open in new tab" or whatever. Nice lighting setup @Kapalika. -Onyx
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 10:47:49 am by Onyx »
https://kapalika.com

My religion is Satanism & Kashmir Shaivism via Vāmācāra

"We have none but evidence for the prosecution [against Satan] and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French." ... "We may not pay him reverence, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents." - Mark Twain
"God and the individual are one. To realize this is the essence of Shaivism." - Swami Lakshmanjoo

idgo

Re: my first ever DJ show and a moment of magic
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 06:15:00 pm »
Indeed, magic that really happens often covers its tracks well by offering a mundane explanation of the phenomenon when you later look back for one. It's the order of operations -- want the thing, get the thing, only later explain the thing -- that often differentiates the magical experience from the mundane (want the thing, explain the thing, get the thing) one.