Author Topic: Vampyre Missive  (Read 595 times)

W_Adam_Smythe

Vampyre Missive
« on: November 04, 2018, 03:21:20 am »
Life.

It is what we drain from others.

This can be by the way of an outpouring of entertainment, emotion, beauty, energy, personality, gifts, money, and time. (This, of, course is discounting altogether the Vampyric science of blood transfusions and so forth).

In short we are predators.

Whenever we take life, it invigorates us. It gives us a needed rush, a burst of energy and so forth.

There isn't really room for "white-light" Vampyres.

Certainly, there are those who try, by claiming that they only take from willing donors and so forth. Where this claim fails though is that whether or not you have a donor the act itself is still predatory. You can opt to raise your own cattle and other livestock and perhaps take it's life more humanely than a corporation ran farm. However, in no way does it eliminate the fact that you are still draining the life force of another for your own benefit. 

Unlike other people, we make no excuses or apologies for our selfish nature.

That is one thing that separates us.

It isn't that other people, in fact it could be argued, every species acts within it's own self interest, but the Vampyre is one who admits and embraces this fact.

While that side of the Vampyre has been seen extensively throughout myth, literature, and history, there is also another side. 

Just as we take life, we also can give life.

While this may seem to be a contradiction at first glance, it is actually a completed cycle.

For example, while going to a movie, people in the audience are offering up their money, their time, emotion and their energy while the actors, directors, producers, and film companies take it away from you.

In turn, the film, it's presentation, production, and actors involved are also giving you a more refined version of what you have sacrificed to them. You feel the rush, the emotion, the outpouring of energy as you see your favorite actors and actresses while living vicariously in a state of suspended disbelief for a matter of a couple of hours. At the very least, it gives you an escape from your immediate reality. It also has the potential to inspire you with new thoughts and ideas that perhaps you may also bring to creation.

Vampyres understand creation all too well. We were created. We then created mythologies, and in turn inspired others to create various depictions of us.

Many of you may have heard of or be familiar with Thoughtform Magick.

For those who have not, the short version of it is creating something and sending it into the "real world" from the thought alone.

To a degree people do this all of the time without even realizing it. The same is true of Magick. Like other Witches Sorcerers, Magicians, and Occultists the Vampyre is aware, and that is something else that separates us from the masses.

Since Vampyres are aware of the types of life force that they take and what each type has the potential to do, we are also capable of knowing how to give it back or to create something from nothing.

Anything needs some kind of energy, some kind of life to exist. If it doesn't or if it is something that isn't intended for long term use, it is quickly disposed of. But at the very least, life energy was used to create even the most seemingly useless object.

With regard to the giving or giving back of life, the Vampyre understands that he is doing this for his own need, joy, amusement, or enhancement. Again, it is done selfishly. This is not to say that others cannot or will not benefit from it as we will see in the following essays, but at it's core it is a predatory understanding that all acts are selfish.

There will be following essays that will all tie together concerning reality (what it is and what it isn't) and the creation of reality, Thoughtforms, transformations, and so forth. But for now, the above will likely serve as a bedrock of all that is to follow.

I would like to hear your thoughts, questions, or ideas. Is there any part of this that you can relate to? What parts make sense and what don't?

Also, after you have read this, take some time to ponder and meditate of what kinds of life that you may be taking and what if any are you giving back. Compare that to what you may or may not have been aware of before you read this.

All feedback welcome.

idgo

Re: Vampyre Missive
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 05:17:52 pm »
Text comments:

within it's own self interest,
Errant apostrophe.

It isn't that other people, in fact it could be argued, every species acts within it's own self interest, but the Vampyre is one who admits and embraces this fact.
I think you accidentally a word somewhere in there.

We were created.
This sentence might have contained useful information if the passive voice had not been used.

Unlike other people, we make no excuses or apologies for our selfish nature.
Is every narcissist, no matter how lacking in self-awareness, thus a Vampyre?

Conceptual Comments:

It's unclear what definition of "Vampyre" you're using here. The missive holds together well for a definition of "Vampyre" of which it could be said "Everyone is a Vampyre but most don't know it yet", or for a definition in which having a thorough understanding of existing sustenance processes is sufficient to make someone into a Vampyre. However, I suspect that most practicing Vampyres would call such definitions misleadingly broad.

All the Vampyric stuff I've read has a surface level of "acknowledge your sustenance, acknowledge yourself" that holds together really nicely for non-Vampyres as well, and then a deeper level of "Gain power above what Humans have by choosing to depend on sustenance that can only be had from others, a sustenance that Humans don't need/get" which I feel contains the Choice that differentiates Human from Vampyre -- a Choice that I personally decline. So far in my life, I have found that the Human Powers, Human Weaknesses option meets my goals better than the Vampyre Powers, Vamypre Weaknesses one.

Every organism exists by seeking out energy concentrated by some other process, and consuming it (as you cover well toward the end of the missive). In my understanding, what sets modern Vampyres apart is their focus on consuming "higher" energies concentrated by "higher", usually meaning sentient, beings. This yields the benefits of partaking in those energies, but also the drawbacks of dependence on their availability to maintain those benefits.

All explanations of Vampyrism in which some Humans can choose to become Vampyres (and not all Humans already are Vampyres) suppose that there is an alternative option -- the practitioner could instead have kept the benefits and drawbacks of human sustenance needs rather than transitioning to the benefits and drawbacks of Vampyre ones.

I'm personally highly aware of how human sustenance works for me, and I make the conscious choice to optimize how I function on a diet of plants, animals, and normal social interactions rather than adding the benefits and costs of Vaypirically obtained energies. Then again, I'm also the kind of cook who prefers to either grow a spice in my own garden or find a recipe that will function well without it -- I have an unusual dislike of needlessly depending on others. I use myself as an example here because I'm pretty sure I'd qualify as a Vampyre by the terms set forth in your Missive, but I'm equally certain that neither I nor any formal organization of Vampyres I've yet encountered would contend that my lifestyle suffices to qualify me as a member.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 05:20:01 pm by idgo »

W_Adam_Smythe

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 07:33:39 pm »
Thank you for both your feedback and response.

I have also noted other responses to my posts and I will try to answer those later tonight.

First, you are correct. There is always a choice to be made in everything. I am sure you have heard the old cliche, "It wasn't as if so and so had a gun held to their head." The implication being that if a gun is held to someone's head that the person does not have a choice. Nothing could be further from the truth. Even in such an extreme circumstance there is a choice that can be made.

With regard to everyone being a Vampyre but just not being aware of it, it seems that there may be a partial misunderstanding. This could have been conveyed by my wording and if so I apologize. Having potential is the key here. As with anything, some people are cut out for certain things, while others are not. Then there are those in the middle. Think here of someone who can prepare a very good meal but is not a chef and would not have the full potential to be one. My wording is purposeful with the hope that something will indeed resonate with those who have the potential. As Crowley observed of Magick, anyone who gathers a pen, paper, and a means of publishing is engaging in an act of Magick. That said, how many professional writers are aware that they are doing this?

What is this potential? Try as human beings may to deny this, some are predatory as is their Will while others are likewise prey. Those with Vampyric potential are predatory and recognize themselves to be such. Are narcissistic types attracted to Vampyrism? Yes. However, where a true narcissist would fall short is in their failed desire to understand and empathize with anyone beyond themselves. Every predator has both somewhat of an interest in and understanding of their prey. Hopefully this conveys a Vampyric refinement.  It is with this very study and understanding of human beings that you can identify what it is that you want from them and what you need to do to take it. Again, though, we circle back to awareness.

As you seem to grasp, everyone is indeed dependent upon something in order to survive. If you don't believe that try to go for a complete month without drinking or any other means of staying hydrated. You could also take an index finger and thumb to your nose and firmly pinch it shut while keeping your mouth closed to find out exactly how dependent upon air that you are. Is that dependence a weakness or a drawback?

That said, if you are actively engaging in predatory acts to gain power over human beings, you are, as you indicate making a choice. This negates dependence as is the case with life being dependent upon breathing air.  This is the choice that in your own words for whatever your reasons you decline.

By the standards set forth in the Missive: We are predators. You're choice would disqualify you as a Vampyre just as you have also found yourself disqualified in whatever other studies that you have conducted.

I hope that I have clarified any misgivings.

MRT

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 09:22:49 pm »
I can relate to almost everything in this post.
Next to the fact that almost everything of what you said is very true, it feels so good to know that there are places like this where this topic, lots of times approached with very wrong intentions, is treated so mature and sencere!

Maybe a bit mellow or so, but thank you so much!

Etu Malku

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 04:10:02 am »
How are you defining 'Vampyre'? What makes one a Vampyre?
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Liu

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 08:02:50 pm »
Thus far the descriptions of it almost make me assume that being a vampyre is the same thing as being extraverted :mrgreen:
Gaining "energy" from being in the presence of other people and feeling drained when one cannot "feed" in this manner... that would be exactly the same "symptoms".

And it would also explain why I have no idea what "energy" the vampyres here are talking about.
I rather get energy from being completely alone. Especially when it's dark and I'm (relatively) far away from other people.

Hapu

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 08:09:05 pm »
Thus far the descriptions of it almost make me assume that being a vampyre is the same thing as being extraverted :mrgreen:
Gaining "energy" from being in the presence of other people and feeling drained when one cannot "feed" in this manner... that would be exactly the same "symptoms".

That makes perfect sense to me.

And it would also explain why I have no idea what "energy" the vampyres here are talking about.
I rather get energy from being completely alone. Especially when it's dark and I'm (relatively) far away from other people.

That too makes perfect sense to me.

I might even say a vampire's preferred prey would be introverts.

Etu Malku

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 11:09:42 pm »

If we are talking about the type of vampire which makes up for the majority of the vampire community, then we are talking about those with various personality disorders such as Narcissistic Personality Disorder and others. The others are either role-playing, and/or lying to themselves and others.

The energy associated with vampirism is the same metaphysical energy found in Traditional Chinese Medicine and other quackery. It is something which is 'believed in' and used in a ritualistic way just as practicing Kundalini is.
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Liu

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 06:23:09 am »
You are comparing quite diverse things here, though.

While I don't know about the benefits of these methods for physical health (I think there are studies pointing in either direction but I haven't really looked into it), they seem to me quite valid frameworks for rituals that may improve mental well-being and that may also support physical health via placebo effects, in a way comparable to e.g. autogenic training.

And the sensations of kundalini and qi exist no matter whether one believes in them or not. All the metaphysical stuff ascribed to it may be humbug but that doesn't invalidate the phenomenon.

The risk I see in identifying as a vampire - under the assumption that vampires don't truly exist - is that it may cause more disadvantages that benefits by not only making one able to feel energized by "feeding" but also making one feel dependent on it.

In any case, we'd need the input of some of the vampires here to evaluate whether this approach to explaining it is congruent with their experiences.

Hapu

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 11:42:01 am »
I can imagine a different but related paradigm: Lord Dracula as another face of the Prince of Darkness. The relentlessly predatory face. Rituals would be performed in honor of, and in supplication to him. The aspiration of his acolytes would be to emerge from the symbolic grave as the perfect supernatural predators, empowered by the Blood of the Dragon, and driven by whatever appetites brought them to Dracula's altar to begin with.