Author Topic: Indifference  (Read 143 times)

Hapu

Indifference
« on: September 24, 2019, 06:27:58 pm »
Nietzsche's word was l'insouciance. I consider it the greatest source of strength for the Satanist.

I'll start with the extreme case, which isn't Satanist. Wherever you see the word "LOW," that's indifference.

Arhat Ideal of Theravada Buddhism
Concern for humanity in general: LOW
Concern for enemies: LOW
Concern for comrades: LOW
Concern for self: LOW

The above is an ideal. I don't know that anyone has ever actually achieved it, though some have claimed to. The goal here is to achieve inner peace and also break the wheel of rebirth by ceasing to care about earthly life at all. Not my cup of tea.

Here's a different sort of person.

Sociopath or Narcissist
Concern for enemies: NEGATIVE
Concern for comrades: LOW
Concern for self: HIGH

The above may seem empowering but, for the sociopath or narcissist, a compulsive concern with every conceivable aspect of self compared to others, and a ridiculously broad notion of what constitutes an enemy, can make meaningful relationships and even (sometimes) holding down a job or staying out of jail unworkable.

Here's another.

Bodhisattva Ideal of Mahayana Buddhism
Concern for humanity in general: HIGH
Concern for enemies: HIGH
Concern for comrades: HIGH
Concern for self: LOW

This is an ideal. I don't know that anyone has ever actually achieved it, though some have claimed to. The goal here is to achieve inner peace, help others achieve inner peace, help others break the wheel of rebirth, and then, only after everyone else has done it, break the wheel of rebirth for oneself.

OK. Those three examples lay the groundwork. Remember, wherever the word "LOW" appeared, that was indifference.

Here's the one I was leading up to.

Nietzschean Ideal
Concern for enemies: NEGATIVE
Concern for comrades: MODERATE
Concern for self as perceived by others: LOW
Concern for self as a locus of comfort: LOW
Concern for self as a winner of society's silly games: LOW
Concern for self after death: LOW
Concern for self as a conduit of power: TREMENDOUS

Look at all the points of indifference. What these do is free up energy - in Nietzschean terms, prevent exhaustion - so all resources can be directed in a single direction, which is the actualization of self as a conduit of power.

Little else needs to be said, aside from the good counsel of choosing one's enemies and one's comrades wisely. Few areas are more vulnerable to the harsh consequences of stupidity than that of selecting one's enemies and one's comrades.

Peace is a lie, for by opposition I evolve.
Comfort is a lie, for by hardship I evolve.
Mercy is a lie, for by severity I evolve.
Purity is a lie, for by defilement I evolve.
Obedience is a lie, for by rebellion I evolve.
Order is a lie, for by chaos I evolve.
Continuity is a lie, for by death I evolve.
I am the Demon in the Flesh.