Author Topic: Good Satanist books?  (Read 733 times)

Frater Sisyphus

Good Satanist books?
« on: September 11, 2019, 08:46:21 am »
Hi gang.
Well, I'm looking for some good Satanist reading recommendations, nothing particularly obvious maybe even something more obscure. 
Especially like hardcore LHP stuff, whether it be evocation work or sex magic(k), anything really.

Basically stuff I haven't read (even though that's a vague statement), even stuff that might be a challenge.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this, I couldn't find one particularly about this.  :)
"Whoever adheres to the ruler [of the state] will be tempted away from the right course, and the closer one gets to the ruler the further away one is from God" - Prophet Muhammad (a.s.)

Km Anu

• O.S. Member
  • Never will his wrath or might extort from me
    • View Profile
Re: Good Satanist books?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 10:14:18 am »
There is a free PDF of Black Magic 101 available :)
Apophis was a really fun text to work through.
If you're a practical alchemist, or really anyone that uses herbs, Spagyrics by Jean Dubuis is very good.
The Book of Ceremonial Magic by Arthur Edward Waite is pretty good, just thick.
The Book of Coming Forth by Night is probably something that you've read, but The Tibetan Book of The Dead is a little less popular, and taught me a lot.

I tried to stick to stuff I didn't think you'd read before, but I'm not really sure what you've read before. Lol. PM me if you want some help getting any of these texts.

Beleren777

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 01:43:36 pm »
Second opinion on Apophis. It is a working book, not a page turner, if you really want to get the most out of it. If you are up for working texts like this, I would also consider:

The Black Ship - Malphas
Infernal Geometry - Chappell
Nine Doors of Midgard - Thorsson
Nightside of the Runes - Karlsson

X

Liu

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 07:03:17 pm »
I really need to get my health, and thereby my focus and reading concentration, back together and do more reading.

But "thirding" Apophis.

For similarly fairly practical books, pretty much anything by Jan Fries (more general occultism, not really Satanism, though).
And Mumford's Kundalini Workbook for some meditation practices in general (not explicitly LHP whatsover).

I also enjoyed "Postmodern Satanism" by Jason King for its metaphysics.
And Lon Milo Duquette's Chicken Qabalah was also a fun read and I used some of its Tarot correspondences for a while. It's about the Sephiroth, not the Qliphoth, but it's basically a kind of chaos-magick approach to it.

Xepera maSet

• O.S. Co-founder | OSM Founder
  • Administrator
  • uab Nekhekhu (Priest of the Old Gods)
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 10:55:45 pm »
Screw it I'll fourth Apophis.

Liber Isfet is intense, I actually personally decided to set it aside for now.

The work in Seven Faces of Darkness is CRAZY complex and involves a lot of work to fully do.

If you want to go classic, if get The Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor book and do that olllllddddd school stuff!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:09:38 pm by Xepera maSet »

I have Come Into Being like Set
Prince of Darkness
Soul of the Heavenly Serpent
Separator who contends against Osiris for Eternity

Xepera maSet

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 10:56:19 pm »
And yes Black Magic 101 is, of course, free. I'm not sure it's advanced in it's actual workings though, it is '101" after all!

Prince of Darkness

Beleren777

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 02:05:48 pm »
Screw it I'll fourth Apotheosis.

Not speaking for the others, but I was intending to thumbs up "Apophis" by Michael Kelly. I haven't personally read Apotheosis, but it's on my Kindle Unlimited now, thanks in small part to the confusion.

X

Mindmaster

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 04:01:28 pm »
Hi gang.
Well, I'm looking for some good Satanist reading recommendations, nothing particularly obvious maybe even something more obscure. 
Especially like hardcore LHP stuff, whether it be evocation work or sex magic(k), anything really.

Basically stuff I haven't read (even though that's a vague statement), even stuff that might be a challenge.

Apologies if there is already a thread on this, I couldn't find one particularly about this.  :)

While I'm sure the rest of the posts meant well I don't see any of that content as particularly satanic.

Anyway, I guess it matters what you consider to be a Satanist in the first place. The larger problem with the LHP in general is once you read a few books you probably have literally read them all. There is certainly a time to stop reading and to advance after a certain point is simply a development of one's own efforts.

Evocation and sex magic are rookie level stuff as far as I'm concerned and the higher level stuff really can't be taught -- you either have the aptitude to experience it or you don't. To use an analogy you can't teach someone to be Jimmy Hendrix, Slash, or Eddie Van Halen; though anyone can learn to play the guitar to some degree of proficiency. Magic is even worse statistically in that regard with many people pretending to do something, but all they really are doing is jerking off. Most of the conventional methods listed in the books are laden with unnecessary acts or hubbub and I include sex magic and evocation in the "hubbub". To me, these are the "Hollywood Dramatizations" of magic and not anything one needs to do to accomplish said feats.

Likewise, there is very little material to read on more obscure approaches or I'd point you there. Short of me writing it down I don't think it even exists in print. There are some close attempts in the more obscure references in Franz Bardon's and Stephen Mace's material, but nothing too concise. If that were the case I'd point you there -- I think you're just to the end of the basic as fuck content in the occult and it might be time to quit reading. :D

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 04:25:48 pm by Mindmaster »

Xepera maSet

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • My Book on Setianism
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 06:09:08 pm »
Screw it I'll fourth Apotheosis.

Not speaking for the others, but I was intending to thumbs up "Apophis" by Michael Kelly. I haven't personally read Apotheosis, but it's on my Kindle Unlimited now, thanks in small part to the confusion.

X

Stupid auto correct. Know my occult terms!

Prince of Darkness

Km Anu

• O.S. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 07:33:45 pm »
Hi gang.

While I'm sure the rest of the posts meant well I don't see any of that content as particularly satanic.

Anyway, I guess it matters what you consider to be a Satanist in the first place. The larger problem with the LHP in general is once you read a few books you probably have literally read them all. There is certainly a time to stop reading and to advance after a certain point is simply a development of one's own efforts.

Evocation and sex magic are rookie level stuff as far as I'm concerned and the higher level stuff really can't be taught -- you either have the aptitude to experience it or you don't. To use an analogy you can't teach someone to be Jimmy Hendrix, Slash, or Eddie Van Halen; though anyone can learn to play the guitar to some degree of proficiency. Magic is even worse statistically in that regard with many people pretending to do something, but all they really are doing is jerking off. Most of the conventional methods listed in the books are laden with unnecessary acts or hubbub and I include sex magic and evocation in the "hubbub". To me, these are the "Hollywood Dramatizations" of magic and not anything one needs to do to accomplish said feats.

Likewise, there is very little material to read on more obscure approaches or I'd point you there. Short of me writing it down I don't think it even exists in print. There are some close attempts in the more obscure references in Franz Bardon's and Stephen Mace's material, but nothing too concise. If that were the case I'd point you there -- I think you're just to the end of the basic as fuck content in the occult and it might be time to quit reading. :D

Op did not ask for opinion on relevance, reading material was requested.

Cabshear

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 01:31:49 am »
I have recently been working with The Book of Smokeless Fire. Sad to see the author is unfortunately associated with EA Koetting. The book itself is very interesting. It has only limited utility, since it’s mainly used for destroying enemies.  A bit of a mishmash of Goetia, Lovecraftian, Satanism and Setian stuff. It’s still a good book.

Here’s a few...

The Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene
48 Laws of Power by Same
The Bloodfire Compendium by Les Hernandez
Seven Footprints to Satan by A. Merritt
Abandon All Hope: Exploring Hell by Rev. E.R. Vernor
I, Lucifer by Corvus Nocturnum
Hail Thyself by Same
Embracing the Darkness; Understanding Dark Subcultures By Same
The Dracomeroth by Draconis Blackthorne
Satanthology by Same
The Gentlemen Downstairs: A book of Satanic Parables by R. Smith
The Satanic Apocrypha by David Sinclair-Smith
The Unique and it’s Property by Max Stirner
Hymn to Satan by Giosue Cardicci
The Sorceries and Scandals of Satan by Henry M. Tichenor
Infernalia by Michael Rose
Anthem by Ayn Rand
The Virtue of Selfishness by Same
Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal by Same
Bearing the Devil’s Mark by Matt G. Paradise
The Occult Technology of Power by The Transcriber
Lucifer’s Lexicon by LA Rollins
The First Immortal by James Halperin (Satanic "Immortality")
The Affordable Immortal by Rudy Hoffman (Satanic "Immortality")
Engines of Creation: The Coming Era of Nanotechnology by K. Eric Drexler (Satanic "Immortality")
The Simulation Hypothesis by Rizwan Virk
Self Aware Universe by Amit Goswami PhD
Might is Right: The Authoritative Edition by Ragnar Redbeard

Satanic Art:
The Devil’s Reign collection (https://www.howlbooks.net/product-category/books/)
-Daikajiu 
-All of Them Witches

Terasem Movement to transfer human consciousness to digital format (if it indeed can be done.) 
https://www.terasemmovementfoundation.com/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 02:40:06 pm by Cabshear »
Warmest Regards,

Fenrys F
-Vampire Initiate and Satanist

MRT

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2019, 11:00:46 am »
-Qliphoth, Kabalah and Goetic Magic - Thomas Karlsson

- The Satanic Mass - Rhodes

- AMSG - Valentin Scavr

- The Infernal Path - Alexander Dray

- Satanic Witchcraft - Victor Barett

- Wolf's Hooked Cross

- Lords of The Left Hand Path - Stephen Flowers

- Wrathful Chaos - Arioch

- The Demons of Tiamat - Ardashir 435

Frater Sisyphus

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2019, 08:20:02 am »
I have recently been working with The Book of Smokeless Fire. Sad to see the author is unfortunately associated with EA Koetting. The book itself is very interesting. It has only limited utility, since it’s mainly used for destroying enemies.  A bit of a mishmash of Goetia, Lovecraftian, Satanism and Setian stuff. It’s still a good book.

Here’s a few...

The Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene
48 Laws of Power by Same
The Bloodfire Compendium by Les Hernandez
Seven Footprints to Satan by A. Merritt
Abandon All Hope: Exploring Hell by Rev. E.R. Vernor
I, Lucifer by Corvus Nocturnum
Hail Thyself by Same
Embracing the Darkness; Understanding Dark Subcultures By Same
The Dracomeroth by Draconis Blackthorne
Satanthology by Same
The Gentlemen Downstairs: A book of Satanic Parables by R. Smith
The Satanic Apocrypha by David Sinclair-Smith
The Unique and it’s Property by Max Stirner
Hymn to Satan by Giosue Cardicci
The Sorceries and Scandals of Satan by Henry M. Tichenor
Infernalia by Michael Rose
Anthem by Ayn Rand
The Virtue of Selfishness by Same
Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal by Same
Bearing the Devil’s Mark by Matt G. Paradise
The Occult Technology of Power by The Transcriber
Lucifer’s Lexicon by LA Rollins
The First Immortal by James Halperin (Satanic "Immortality")
The Affordable Immortal by Rudy Hoffman (Satanic "Immortality")
Engines of Creation: The Coming Era of Nanotechnology by K. Eric Drexler (Satanic "Immortality")
The Simulation Hypothesis by Rizwan Virk
Self Aware Universe by Amit Goswami PhD
Might is Right: The Authoritative Edition by Ragnar Redbeard

Satanic Art:
The Devil’s Reign collection (https://www.howlbooks.net/product-category/books/)
-Daikajiu 
-All of Them Witches

Terasem Movement to transfer human consciousness to digital format (if it indeed can be done.) 
https://www.terasemmovementfoundation.com/

Woah!  8) Really great list and I will put them on my own book list. Thanks a dozen!
"Whoever adheres to the ruler [of the state] will be tempted away from the right course, and the closer one gets to the ruler the further away one is from God" - Prophet Muhammad (a.s.)

Frater Sisyphus

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2019, 08:25:06 am »

Yes and I am far from a beginner, lol. I'm an occultist afterall.  :rolleyes:

Also I forgot to mention but by 'hardcore' I also did mean more on the transgressive side of things, stuff that isn't every-day Satanism.

Km Anu

• O.S. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2019, 08:31:39 am »

Yes and I am far from a beginner, lol. I'm an occultist afterall.  :rolleyes:

Also I forgot to mention but by 'hardcore' I also did mean more on the transgressive side of things, stuff that isn't every-day Satanism.

I'm just kidding. You are OP...